• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ARCA rail for Tikka TAC A1

CUBUFF89

Always Learning
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2017
GA
I'd like to add an ARCA rail to the TAC A1 as the rifle has done really well for me in some local matches this year. I would like the ability to position my bipod anywhere along the length of the handguard.

I seem to recall a thread where one member said he used a Sawtooth rail for his TAC A1. Anyone else had a good experience with a rail and what length did you go with?

Anyone using the Area 419 version with the serrated rail sides?

Thanks

Reactions: Billiam1211
I'd like to add an ARCA rail to the TAC A1 as the rifle has done really well for me in some local matches this year. I would like the ability to position my bipod anywhere along the length of the handguard.

I seem to recall a thread where one member said he used a Sawtooth rail for his TAC A1. Anyone else had a good experience with a rail and what length did you go with?

Anyone using the Area 419 version with the serrated rail sides?

Thanks
I have the area 419 arca lok. Works fine but not sure its any better than a smooth arca rail.

I have the area 419 universal. Wish I would’ve got the sawtooth as the mounting locations are more centered to the rifle with the Tikka specific model.

I have an MDT M-lok rail on my Tikka T3X Varmint in LSS-XL Gen-2 chassis. Solid attachment, well made, functional. It's not as slick as the rails machined into MDT, MPA, etc. chassis, but I decided I'd rather spend a little bit to upgrade a decent chassis I already had as opposed to selling at a big loss just to add ARCA (I have two MPA BA Comp chassis for comparison).

I had a T3X TAC A1 - if I still had it, I think the MDT rail would add ARCA mount capability at a reasonable price.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_214.jpg