• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arca rail with integrated sling stud hole

NW_Hunter

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2018
NW Washington
Going to be ordering a Manners LRH, wanting to put a 2nd Arca rail up front, but also want to run bottom mount sling.

I'm looking for a arca rail with either a integrated sling stud or sling stud hole, like this but no pic rail:
https://jaoutdoors.com/product/srs-arca-pic/

Or arca rail with a built in QD cup.

Anything like this exist? My searching has me empty handed. Perhaps my best bet is this:
https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/b2-fabn-micro
Though the clamp has me worried of potentially slipping and dropping the rifle.

It should be pretty easy to drill and tap a hole for a sling stud. Just buy the rail you like best and modify it.

My ACC chassis has a screw at the end of the arca rail, in a setup similar to what you’re looking for. It’s a handy stop for slipping arca clamps.

QD cups are too QD for my liking. After having a rifle fall due to a QD cup releasing unexpectedly, I’m moving to HK hooks.

QD cups are too QD for my liking. After having a rifle fall due to a QD cup releasing unexpectedly, I’m moving to HK hooks.
These have worked well for me, is hard to press the plunger on accident with them.

It should be pretty easy to drill and tap a hole for a sling stud. Just buy the rail you like best and modify it.

My ACC chassis has a screw at the end of the arca rail, in a setup similar to what you’re looking for. It’s a handy stop for slipping arca clamps.
This is true, as long as the base material is thick enough, or isn't too skeletonized. I've seen rails with the screw at the end of them before, but forgot that existed, all the rails I've been looking at haven't had them so that thought didn't cross my mind

Hmm, never experienced a failure like that with a QD attachment. I think the HK hooks would make too much noise when not under tension during a close quarters hunt stalk.

Have not experienced a QD cup failure either, in a lot of equipment.
On the QD side I like to use the Blue Force Gear RED (Rapid Emergency Deployment)
devices as the operator has to actively pull the release, no accident!

IMG_0167KAC SR-25 WITH SUPPRESSOR BLACK SCOPE & SLING RMR MOUNTED POOLSIDE 07.30.21 CROPPED copy.jpg
IMG_0884BLUE FORCE GEAR RED RAPID EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT DEVICE ON HIGH SPEED GEAR RIGGER BELT O...jpg

I’ve been looking for a solution to this now that I’m putting Arca rails on my guns. I found these mutnt gear screws that are swivel cups on on the heads that I’m thinking may work for me by using one in one of the mounting holes for the Arca rail.

Found something for you. I don’t have one.

I really like the SRS guy though. You might ask him to custom make you one.

Reactions: Isuiy13
This is true, as long as the base material is thick enough, or isn't too skeletonized. I've seen rails with the screw at the end of them before, but forgot that existed, all the rails I've been looking at haven't had them so that thought didn't cross my mind

Hmm, never experienced a failure like that with a QD attachment. I think the HK hooks would make too much noise when not under tension during a close quarters hunt stalk.

I’m also looking for the best way to integrate ARCA rail and Slings. I find that most of the solutions available, like pic rails and adapters use flush cups. I have a chassis that was spray painted before I bought it and all 3 of the flush cups fail. But after looking for alternate sling stud and HK Hook solutions, I am not sure there is a better mouse trap out there. Sling studs screwed into a stock can move, come unscrewed. HK hooks are noisy and sloppy.

I have decided it makes the most sense to stick with flush cups, make sure they’re clean/unpainted. Also decided it makes the most sense to have the sling mounted to left side of stock or chassis to keep the ARCA rail travel free and clear for moving rifle fwd/back for best positioning on the rest, barricade, bipod or tripod.