• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arcteryx Khard 60 +long gun question

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
So I’ve been looking for a new pack something with more capacity but that I can still stow my long gun.

I have an opportunity to pick up an arcteryx khard 60 local for a very good price but I don’t see any actors or a reliable mood onlash a heavy long gun to it.

Does anyone have any experience with it to know if an eberlestock type butt bucket or some other method would work?

I use a Triple Aught Design transporter tail and a few grimlock caribiners and the side compression straps with my Khard 30. It seems to work pretty well with lighter rifles. I’ve used it with a r700 and a magpul hunter a few times but it’s takes some effort to make it feel very stable. I’ve also used Velcro strips to secure a rifle inside the pack with the muzzle out. Not a preferred method with limited internal volume and not being able to close the pack completely.