• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

are any site sponsors running any deals on the FN SPR?

parkervbar88

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2014
looking to purchase one soon after i sell my lpr-07 copy/build on maten receiver

No sponsors that I know of but mike at tactical coordination sells them and he even beds them and can have the barrels threaded before sending them out . His price recently went up but still the best deal going. Mine is still going strong after a lot of abuse and some serious round counts

thanks. which model did you get ? im looking at the a1 or a1a and plan on doing a few modifications myself. i cant really decide between the 20 inch or 24 inch. i want the portability of 20 but don' t want to sacrifice bullet stability. i doubt ill shoot past 700 yds on a regular basis and i do reload so i can tailor loads.

I did the A1 cuz that's what he had and 24 inches. I sent it back later to thread for a muzzle brake and the. Sent I to stock doc here on the hide to have a cheek riser cut in. Best gun purchase yet.

If you aren't shooting past 700 more than 20 may not be necessary but remember if you get the longer barrel, it can be cut down but the reverse isn't true. I have had shorter guns and others may differ on this but other than hunting I have never been in a situation and thought "man if I had a shorter barrel, I would have hit one more target or scored more points!" I have had times where I was grateful for a bit of velocity in bucking winds or flying a bit flatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the A5M with the 24" barrel last summer. It already came bedded from the factory. My best groups at 100 yds are consistently in the .4" range. A couple of times I've shot groups in the .25" range... If I shot more often, I'm sure I'd do better. I think it was a great buy and I'm very happy with mine. Definitely a keeper.

I run the 20, and it's fine past 700. You do give up some speed. Get it threaded so you can put a brake on it even if you have no cans.

Good luck

I have the a1a. 20". Fine past 700. Just shot 810 yesterday and 3 shots were around 5"s. Running a can through.