• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Are the ATF examiners hiring assistants?

Re: Are the ATF examiners hiring assistants?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyMP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.nfatca.org/pubs/nfatca_newsltr_2q12.pdf

Well darn, they did hire several contractors, I guess I was wrong there are no new people at the NFA branch, they are just contractors... </div></div>

They will only stay a year and then revaluate.... how are they hiring anyone to help when in the same article they talk about the hiring freeze?! Very confusing. But I am glad they are trying to do something to move things along. I'd say come July at the NFA hearing with congress they will make some big changes for the better, of us, the consumer.

Only took four days to cash the checks on the form 4's I sent in last week. Maybe that is a good sign.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyMP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.nfatca.org/pubs/nfatca_newsltr_2q12.pdf

Well darn, they did hire several contractors, I guess I was wrong there are no new people at the NFA branch, they are just contractors... </div></div>

They will only stay a year and then revaluate.... how are they hiring anyone to help when in the same article they talk about the hiring freeze?! Very confusing. But I am glad they are trying to do something to move things along. I'd say come July at the NFA hearing with congress they will make some big changes for the better, of us, the consumer. </div></div>

Because bringing in contractors is not the same thing as hiring. Contractors are the solution to a hiring freeze.

The number of transfers in TX has rose greatly because of all the reasons mentioned in the post above as well as the fact that suppressors are approved for hunting game animals in Texas now. I bet the number of cans that are capable of suppressing .300 AAC Blackout is through the roof because that round seems like it was created for TX deer hunting.

I hope that the contractors really do fix the problem. Last I checked I could get an FFL and SOT faster than the 5 form 4 transfers I am waiting on are expected to happen.

I would be interested to know the extent of the work. If they are acting as full screeners that will be nice. But I wonder what work the new help will do and ow long it will take to train them.