• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 Maverick

There are some in the Salt Lake area you could get up close and personal with. Aaron Gines at Anarchy Outdoors and Rob Wilkinson with Special Purpose Rifles are both dealers. That would probably be the easiest for you. Unfortunately not a lot of density of shooters/matches in that area. If you get further east for some matches they are starting to become much more common.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Thanks..after some more reading on the info that’s out there and the videos I think I’m going to go ahead and order one 🤘. Just trying to get a dealer lined up now

I have 3 matches and over 1k rounds through mine already via conjugal visits. I’ll be at Big Dog this weekend with it and plenty of ammo if anyone wants to try it.

The short answer if you’re on the fence is you absolutely, 100% need to get one.

I have 3 matches and over 1k rounds through mine already via conjugal visits. I’ll be at Big Dog this weekend with it and plenty of ammo if anyone wants to try it.

The short answer if you’re on the fence is you absolutely, 100% need to get one.

I'm a little over 1k with mine, but no matches (yet) since I've been on sabbatical. However, I completely agree - if anyone is on the fence, just order it already. NFA wait times are around 5 months right now, and the only better time to get a can than now is 5 months ago (when I got my Maverick, actually).

Reactions: just browsing
I'm on board! just placed my order through Anarchy Outdoors to save a few bucks (y). Hopefully it will get to my dealer soon so I can hurry up and wait.

Has anyone played around with both the 5.5" and the 6.5" match settings? Since the 6.5" setup requires the purchase of the $200 more expensive 9.2" kit, I'm wondering how it compares? From what I understand the 6.5" will be ~5 dB quieter, at the expense of slightly more muzzle rise.

I've been shooting 100% suppressed with an Ultra7 for the past 3 years, so I'm used to the super quiet "push" of the suppressor. I'm sensitive to blast and concussion, so brakes give me headaches really quickly. Thinking about the Maverick more and more it seems like a valid option, but I'd like to know if anyone prefers the 6.5" setting since that's what I'd be leaning towards.

Sam -

I shot the 6.5” version at Big Dog a couple weeks ago on a whim and MUCH preferred it to the 5.5 “match mode.” I had shot the 5.5” in a couple matches previously and this was my first time shooting the 6.5”.

Kinda hard to explain without physically shooting it, but the 1” makes a considerable difference in terms of blast/sound without sacrificing much (I couldn’t feel any difference) in terms of recoil mitigation.

From the very beginning, I had always thought that the shortest version was going to be the way to go and that the middle version wouldn’t get shot much... but having shot both ways now, I’m leaning towards keeping the 6.5 configuration on the gun.

5AD5FEF5-08F0-49D2-8552-6ABB082D1201.jpeg

Looks dope too.

Sam -

I shot the 6.5” version at Big Dog a couple weeks ago on a whim and MUCH preferred it to the 5.5 “match mode.” I had shot the 5.5” in a couple matches previously and this was my first time shooting the 6.5”.

Kinda hard to explain without physically shooting it, but the 1” makes a considerable difference in terms of blast/sound without sacrificing much (I couldn’t feel any difference) in terms of recoil mitigation.

From the very beginning, I had always thought that the shortest version was going to be the way to go and that the middle version wouldn’t get shot much... but having shot both ways now, I’m leaning towards keeping the 6.5 configuration on the gun.

View attachment 7413529

Looks dope too.
Excellent, thank you for the feedback. I shot with some of the A-Team guys with Mavericks last month, and neglected to pick their brains on the Maverick. I did note the 5.5" configs they were running were still pretty loud, but not "brake" loud by any means.

My barrels are 24" for use with the Ultra7, so the 6.5" would be almost identical other than being 1/4 pound heavier.

Do you think you need the high-temp mirage cover on it? I use the regular temp AG mirage cover but was curious if the reduced size/volume of the suppressor portion of the Maverick meant it heated up faster.

I have an Omega and shoot with Ultra 7s pretty regularly. The 6.5” version brings the Maverick noticeably closer in terms of sound suppression but still gives you that nice, flat, straight back impulse. I think that’s probably why I like it the best.

In terms of overall length, I never worry too much about it... unless you’re running 28” plus barrels with cans on the end (I know a few that do), I don’t think you’re really going to notice a difference of 1” or less. More about overall feel and balance as I’m sure you already know..

I’m shooting a 6 Creed so I don’t know what mirage mitigation is to begin with 😂 but I would say every little bit helps in terms of the cover you run. Definitely gets pretty toasty, though to be honest I am not a huge fan of the high temp Kevlar mounting strings. I can never get it to stay tight and feel that the bungee system on the standard covers is much more secure. Have actually thought about asking AG to swap it out for me as I don’t think heat with the cover would be an issue, but it’s nit-picky complaint for sure.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: samb300
Has anyone played around with both the 5.5" and the 6.5" match settings? Since the 6.5" setup requires the purchase of the $200 more expensive 9.2" kit, I'm wondering how it compares? From what I understand the 6.5" will be ~5 dB quieter, at the expense of slightly more muzzle rise.

I've been shooting 100% suppressed with an Ultra7 for the past 3 years, so I'm used to the super quiet "push" of the suppressor. I'm sensitive to blast and concussion, so brakes give me headaches really quickly. Thinking about the Maverick more and more it seems like a valid option, but I'd like to know if anyone prefers the 6.5" setting since that's what I'd be leaning towards.

I switched to the Maverick specifically because of sinus issues triggering migraines. I've run the 5.5" config on 308 and 6GT. It's not hearing safe with either one, but I've had zero issues with my sinuses or migraines with either cartridge using the 5.5" setup. The 6.5" setup is right on the edge of being hearing safe (or at least it seemed to be) with 6GT, but it's definitely not with 308. I can barely see a difference in recoil management with the 5.5 vs 6.5 with the GT, but there's a noticeable difference in my 308. I've decided to stick with the 5.5" config for both.

I switched to the Maverick specifically because of sinus issues triggering migraines. I've run the 5.5" config on 308 and 6GT. It's not hearing safe with either one, but I've had zero issues with my sinuses or migraines with either cartridge using the 5.5" setup. The 6.5" setup is right on the edge of being hearing safe (or at least it seemed to be) with 6GT, but it's definitely not with 308. I can barely see a difference in recoil management with the 5.5 vs 6.5 with the GT, but there's a noticeable difference in my 308. I've decided to stick with the 5.5" config for both.
Thanks. That's good info, and makes me still lean toward the 6.5" setup for my 6mm PRS rifle. But having the ability to go to 5.5" for a heavier recoiling caliber is a good option to have.

Thanks. That's good info, and makes me still lean toward the 6.5" setup for my 6mm PRS rifle. But having the ability to go to 5.5" for a heavier recoiling caliber is a good option to have.

Yeah, for a first purchase I would definitely say it's worth doing the full kit. When you get a second one (I'm already planning that purchase this fall), you can decide if you need the extra baffle for anything beyond that.

I wanted as much recoil management performance I could get while knocking down the concussion to a manageable level - which the Maverick does in spades. My wife filmed video for me the first weekend I had the Mav out, and she was almost parallel to my muzzle and about 3 feet to my left when she recorded the video - and she reported ZERO noticeable concussion. Given how well the Mav does on recoil management, having zero concussion from the 5.5" config with a 308 is freakin nuts.

Excellent, thank you for the feedback. I shot with some of the A-Team guys with Mavericks last month, and neglected to pick their brains on the Maverick. I did note the 5.5" configs they were running were still pretty loud, but not "brake" loud by any means.

My barrels are 24" for use with the Ultra7, so the 6.5" would be almost identical other than being 1/4 pound heavier.

Do you think you need the high-temp mirage cover on it? I use the regular temp AG mirage cover but was curious if the reduced size/volume of the suppressor portion of the Maverick meant it heated up faster.
One thing I'll add - it should be run with a cover in match settings or you're likely going to see mirage issues.

One thing I'll add - it should be run with a cover in match settings or you're likely going to see mirage issues.
Understood. I always use the regular AG cover on my TBAC for PRS matches; I only use the high-temp version when I'm using a suppressor on a gas gun. I was more wondering if the heat coming off the Maverick in normal match conditions necessitated the use of the high-temp cover.

Understood. I always use the regular AG cover on my TBAC for PRS matches; I only use the high-temp version when I'm using a suppressor on a gas gun. I was more wondering if the heat coming off the Maverick in normal match conditions necessitated the use of the high-temp cover.
oh, no, you'll be fine with a standard-temp cases.

Is anyone running this suppressor on a magnum rifle? How is the recoil reduction and noise reduction? Also what is this rated up to? I'm planning on running it on my 28 nosler and 300 rum. Thanks

Just emailed area 419 and the maverick has not been tested for any long action cartridges therefore not rated for them.. guess that answers that lol.

Just emailed area 419 and the maverick has not been tested for any long action cartridges therefore not rated for them.. guess that answers that lol.

To be fair the Maverick was designed with the PRS shooter in mind and pretty much nothing else.

There are obviously going to be better magnum suppressor options if that’s what you’re after.

Reactions: kthomas
For anyone running a maverick exclusively for matches, have you gone with a shorter barrel? By that I just mean from a 26” down to a 24”

For anyone running a maverick exclusively for matches, have you gone with a shorter barrel? By that I just mean from a 26” down to a 24”

Nope. Still running the same 26" barrel length I have been for quite some time. It does take a little adjustment for maneuvering in tighter spaces, and I have bumped it a few times, but it's held zero like a champ.

Reactions: SourGrapes
To be fair the Maverick was designed with the PRS shooter in mind and pretty much nothing else.

There are obviously going to be better magnum suppressor options if that’s what you’re after.
And none of those options offer much recoil reduction while being modular, light weight and under 9".. hence why I was interested in the maverick..

I haven’t personally
Nope. Still running the same 26" barrel length I have been for quite some time. It does take a little adjustment for maneuvering in tighter spaces, and I have bumped it a few times, but it's held zero like a champ.

I’m in the same boat. Still running 27”+ on all my barrels with the Maverick. I may just be accustomed to maneuvering long barrels with cans, but I haven’t noticed any difficulty in getting it in/out of tight spots. Have definitely bumped it a few times, but no issues with POI or RTZ.

Still waiting on mine that's been in jail for 3 months but Craig was nice enough to let me demo 1 at the Grind this past weekend. It was such a pleasure to use that I've already ordered a 2nd one. We didn't have much positional shooting in the match but boy is it fantastic. As someone said previously in this thread, if your on the fence just go ahead and get it.

I bought one(30 cal version). Just waiting and all that. I may have missed it but what’s the max cartridge this can go up to? I’d like to use it with my 29” 300PRC as well. I’d imagine it would be awesome to shooting in the 6.5” configuration.

FYI, mine went from pending to approved in 162 days, and I had the stamp 10 days after approved. I ran it at the Grind this weekend, and getting to run it in a full 2 day match made me appreciate it even more. The combination of a 6GT and the Maverick is PFM for recoil management.

FYI, mine went from pending to approved in 162 days, and I had the stamp 10 days after approved. I ran it at the Grind this weekend, and getting to run it in a full 2 day match made me appreciate it even more. The combination of a 6GT and the Maverick is PFM for recoil management.
Which size Maverick did you go with?

Thanks to the crew at Area419 @flyer1a for answering all my pestering questions and the amazing folks at K&M for the in-person rub-down (covered... Suppressor cover that is) 🤣🤣 of the Maverick... Those two things allowed me to finally pull the trigger on the Maverick 6.5 in full length. Here's to having it in my hands by mid-season 2021. 😮😦🤔

Thanks to the crew at Area419 @flyer1a for answering all my pestering questions and the amazing folks at K&M for the in-person rub-down (covered... Suppressor cover that is) 🤣🤣 of the Maverick... Those two things allowed me to finally pull the trigger on the Maverick 6.5 in full length. Here's to having it in my hands by mid-season 2021. 😮😦🤔
You'll love it! Nothing like it, especially on match day

Anyone know of a dealer that sells the Maverick and is a one stop shop like silencershop? Hoping I can pick one up with the same form 4 + trust + suppressor simplicity.

Anyone know of a dealer that sells the Maverick and is a one stop shop like silencershop? Hoping I can pick one up with the same form 4 + trust + suppressor simplicity.

Check your local dealers for one with one of the silencer shop kiosks, order from Area 419, and use the kiosk dealer for the transfer.

I'll say that unless you need to share the can with friends, though, I view trusts as more headache than they're worth now.

I ordered directly from Area419 and delivered to my dealer, who uses Silencershop Kiosk. Very easy process.

Reactions: flyer1a
Can a dealer with a kiosk provide the trust and form 4 portion of the process?

Check your local dealers for one with one of the silencer shop kiosks, order from Area 419, and use the kiosk dealer for the transfer.

I'll say that unless you need to share the can with friends, though, I view trusts as more headache than they're worth now.
In general, I agree. I mostly lean trust because I'd rather have options since the acquisition process is such a PITA.

The dealer initiates the form 4, which you sign on DocuSign, which is processed through Silencershop. The kiosk is only necessary one time for fingerprints and photos. The rest of the time it's done online.

Reactions: Supersubes
Its up to you and the dealer as to who does the form 4. Silencershop charges $25 for them to do it, and is typically what everyone does because they have your prints and pics on file already. Like NiteQwill said, doesn't matter where the item comes from, if the dealer is willing to accept it(may be a fee charged by the dealer), silencershop can do the paperwork for it.

Last edited:
Ah sweet. I've done a few suppressors with SilencerShop, but it was always something they had in stock. Thanks for the info gents.