• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Area 419 Maverick

Great explanation, thanks for giving your insights Craig
one other thing I missed was your comment about the Omega with the brake - there are some basic conceptual similarities, but the key differences, and they make ALL the difference, are the amount/type of gasses reaching the brake, and the directionality of the blast redirection. The Omega doesn't get gasses to the brake until they have been fully worked through the suppressor. This means they are significantly slower and less powerful, limiting the ability of the brake. That brake is also radial, vs ours which is very much directional. They are reducing a small amount of recoil and doing nothing for rise. With our brake getting a much more powerful interaction with gasses (the core is much shorter and is designed to let a lot of gas through) and it can be timed to allow the biased ports to release pressure upward, helping to keep the muzzle down.

@flyer1a can you comment more on the thought process behind the internal design and material selection?

Why a non-welded, non-user serviceable design? What are the baffle material(s)? Can the user pour in some CLR to clean it at the end of the season?

What kind of CFD and real-life testing did you do to optimize the baffle design?

A curious engineer would like to know ?

Reactions: NorthWesterner
@flyer1a can you comment more on the thought process behind the internal design and material selection?

Why a non-welded, non-user serviceable design? What are the baffle material(s)? Can the user pour in some CLR to clean it at the end of the season?

What kind of CFD and real-life testing did you do to optimize the baffle design?

A curious engineer would like to know ?

So all of the baffles, except for the blast baffle, will be Grade-5 Ti. It's the standard in light/durable baffles for a reason. The blast baffle is 17-4 Stainless, as we wanted the extra durability. The brake itself is all 17-4. This is a material we have more experience with, and it also works out nicely to balance weight in the brake and the Stage 2.

We aren't welding because with Jon's taper/skirt design we don't have to, and it remains serviceable for us. This helps in two scenarios:

1) There's a baffle strike
2) We find a way to improve the internals and want to offer re-cores (more on that later)

We didn't want customers to be able to take them apart because of what we think will be an inability to assemble them correctly. The can is designed with the baffles that compress into one another via taper, and we have a specific torque we want on each end cap. Unless you have a collet system to hold the suppressor, you would not be able to replicate this torque (and not damage the can by crushing it in a vise).

We did very little CFD, as we started to play with models, realized they were likely junk as CFD doesn't include a vital part of the equation - the bullet - so we confirmed this with some other people in the suppressor business and they confirmed the issue with CFD. The only way to do this modeling is incredibly arduous and costly. It's something we are going to push into, but are still skeptical of the relevance.

Real-world testing was a fairly long process. We have a bucket of different baffle designs, lengths, angles, clips, mouths, etc, that became a testing project. We bought a capable sound meter, and surrounded the rifle with open ears, and kept good notes, and it led us to a design we were happy with. Something about suppressors that's hard to deal with is the idea of tone. While dB ratings are what everyone wants, talk to anyone with a lot of suppressor experience and they'll tell you that 1-2 dB can be far less important than the ear/tone test. Hard to quantify, but we paid as much attention to it as we could. That said, the shop-serviceable design would allow us to re-core in the future if we found something that was better in a worthwhile way.

For cleaning/service we intend on customer being able to send them in annually for a cleaning. We will have simple downloadable cards to be filled out (we want to know how many rounds you think are on it, what calibers you shoot, stuff like that. Helps us track can behavior) and shipped in with the suppressor in its supplied hard case. We will disassemble the can, clean it, check for damage/wear, and return you a unit that is ready for more work.

What did I miss?

The goal is to be wholly transparent on this process, as we think customers deserve it.

Last edited:
Interested in shooters ear loudness in “brake mode”

I won’t use brakes on hunting rifles because shit happens and it’s not worth it, I like my supressor but I would very much appreciate the muzzle control I miss out on with the big bores.

@flyer1a thank you for the detailed response, it is much appreciated.

With the long wait times of owning a suppressor, do you have any plans on getting samples out for testing other than on sponsored shooters’ rifles? What I mean by that is: is there any way we’ll be able to see it/shoot it this season and get an idea of how it performs before ordering? Even if I (or another local shooter) orders it immediately, we won’t really see it until the 2021 season. It would be cool to try one in person at a club match or have a demo gun make its way around the country (specifically the Midwest haha).

I would love to compare it side by side to a TBAC or Omega to see what the real benefit is.

Just thinking out loud...could a brake be designed to function the same way without it being classified as a suppressor? Basically design a really “bad” brake that doesn’t stop recoil as well, but in effect isn’t as loud or as concussive?

One other suggestion if you haven’t already planned it (since you have some footage already in your promo video). Scope Cam footage, prone and barricade of
- Bare muzzle
- 419 Brake
- Maverick Brake
- Maverick Suppressor
- TBAC Ultra7 (or Omega)

This would be an amazing way to show exactly the recoil reduction in a measurable and visual way.

Thanks again!

Reactions: 260284

With the long wait times of owning a suppressor, do you have any plans on getting samples out for testing other than on sponsored shooters’ rifles?

FYI, it's looking more and more like the 90 day Form 4 approvals are going to be the norm going forward again. It wasn't just the batch in July, I've seen people with pending dates from August and even early September getting approved recently.

FYI, it's looking more and more like the 90 day Form 4 approvals are going to be the norm going forward again. It wasn't just the batch in July, I've seen people with pending dates from August and even early September getting approved recently.
even more so when efile is done/working

Form 4 Trust is showing 325 days on NFAtracker. Am I missing something? I'm not doing an individual Form 4, all of mine are on a Trust.

Interested in shooters ear loudness in “brake mode”

I won’t use brakes on hunting rifles because shit happens and it’s not worth it, I like my supressor but I would very much appreciate the muzzle control I miss out on with the big bores.
We will publish all of that in significant detail in the coming weeks.

Sensitive to what you're saying about hunting, there's a plan/design for a hunting-specific brake/end cap that will fit exactly what you're looking for. Right now, the sound at the shooter in the braked maverick configuration is a couple/few dB less than a bare muzzle.

With the long wait times of owning a suppressor, do you have any plans on getting samples out for testing other than on sponsored shooters’ rifles? What I mean by that is: is there any way we’ll be able to see it/shoot it this season and get an idea of how it performs before ordering? Even if I (or another local shooter) orders it immediately, we won’t really see it until the 2021 season. It would be cool to try one in person at a club match or have a demo gun make its way around the country (specifically the Midwest haha).

I would love to compare it side by side to a TBAC or Omega to see what the real benefit is.

Just thinking out loud...could a brake be designed to function the same way without it being classified as a suppressor? Basically design a really “bad” brake that doesn’t stop recoil as well, but in effect isn’t as loud or as concussive?

One other suggestion if you haven’t already planned it (since you have some footage already in your promo video). Scope Cam footage, prone and barricade of
- Bare muzzle
- 419 Brake
- Maverick Brake
- Maverick Suppressor
- TBAC Ultra7 (or Omega)

This would be an amazing way to show exactly the recoil reduction in a measurable and visual way.

Thanks again!
Form 4 Individuals are down in the 90 day range, and I'm hearing that the Trust E-File will return soon and suck that number down as well. NFA Branch has updated some processes, more should be public soon.

We have a batch of samples that will be in circulation very soon. We are also selling the first batch to shooters specifically, starting with those that competed in the PRS Finale this weekend, as we know they will actually end up at matches and in front of guys. This weekend at the zero/train-up I offered every person I saw the opportunity to shoot a Maverick on a demo gun, or if their match rifle had a Sidewinder they could screw one on (all of the current units are Sidewinder mount, production will also have Hellfire) and shoot their rifle. Lots of effort is going into making sure guys get to demo the units, as we know that you'll love the feel.

Making these non-NFA has come to mind, but would require a redesign that don't have on the schedule. We would need to ensure that there's no way a guy could take a Stage 2 and get it onto a non-NFA Core. That means altering a good number of parts, as well as dedicating valuable lathe time to a project that would take away from Maverick production. Part of the allure is also being able to shoot/train suppressed with the system and see no POI shift. That's obviously lost with a non-NFA item.

We have a 338 Ultra, Ultra 7 (6.5) and an Omega that we have been using as test/comparison cans through the whole process. You're going to see footage and numbers relative to all by the time anyone can spend money on a Maverick.

even more so when efile is done/working

That would be great, but I am not holding my breath. Haven't they been promising efile coming back for F4s for over a year now?

Form 4 Trust is showing 325 days on NFAtracker. Am I missing something? I'm not doing an individual Form 4, all of mine are on a Trust.

In the last month or so, there's been a large number of F4s being approved at ~90 days. I seem to remember at least a couple were trusts, but the majority seem to be individual. Rumor is that the ATF finally turned some new inspectors loose, or that they're prioritizing individuals. Nobody seems to be 100% sure what's going on yet, but there's been a lot of F4s coming back that were pending in July-August.

Making these non-NFA has come to mind, but would require a redesign that don't have on the schedule. We would need to ensure that there's no way a guy could take a Stage 2 and get it onto a non-NFA Core. That means altering a good number of parts, as well as dedicating valuable lathe time to a project that would take away from Maverick production. Part of the allure is also being able to shoot/train suppressed with the system and see no POI shift. That's obviously lost with a non-NFA item.
i think what most people will question is if the Stage 1/brake can be non-NFA and the stage 2 is what is the NFA registered item.

order stage 1 with brake. use right away. then decide whether you want the stage 2 and wait but in the meantime it's usable as is

i think what most people will question is if the Stage 1/brake can be non-NFA and the stage 2 is what is the NFA registered item.

order stage 1 with brake. use right away. then decide whether you want the stage 2 and wait but in the meantime it's usable as is

I think that would be hard to get by the ATF. They did approve the Noveske KX muzzle devices, but that was a while back.

I think that would be hard to get by the ATF. They did approve the Noveske KX muzzle devices, but that was a while back.
without knowing DB and other stuff of the Stage 1 and Stage 1 with Brake we can't even speculate how it compares to a bare muzzle/noveske/normal flash suppressor/brake.

if i had to speculate Stage 1 by itself suppresses too much, but a stage 1 with brake (permanent attach maybe??) might not suppress at all

I assume A419 looked at this though. im sure craig will chime back in

without knowing DB and other stuff of the Stage 1 and Stage 1 with Brake we can't even speculate how it compares to a bare muzzle/noveske/normal flash suppressor/brake.

if i had to speculate Stage 1 by itself suppresses too much, but a stage 1 with brake (permanent attach maybe??) might not suppress at all

I assume A419 looked at this though. im sure craig will chime back in

Based on what he said above...

Right now, the sound at the shooter in the braked maverick configuration is a couple/few dB less than a bare muzzle.

I think it would come down to how the ATF wants to measure it - at the shooter, next to the muzzle, or in front of the muzzle. If it's at the shooters ear, I think it would require design changes like Craig mentioned.

Reactions: b6graham
Based on what he said above...

I think it would come down to how the ATF wants to measure it - at the shooter, next to the muzzle, or in front of the muzzle. If it's at the shooters ear, I think it would require design changes like Craig mentioned.
right. but how much sound does the brake add to the stage 1 by itself i think would be the issue. a stage 1 without any attachment is quieter than braked configuration by enough to be a 'suppressor' on its own which is likely why we are where we are

Reactions: flyer1a

If the brake is permanent, you can't time it. Kills the idea. It also kills the idea of removing it and adding the serialized stage 2. Also, if there is no reduction taking place in the Core, the can will need to be dumb long relative to its suppression quality.

We spent all summer drawing and working in circles to figure out how to make this as accessible as possible. Finally we decided to end up where we are, as we want the product to be as high-quality as possible. A number we will release is DB rating of the Core with no brake. This will clear up some confusion, as there is an appreciable reduction, thus the need for serialization.

If the wait times weren't plummeting we might have compromised more, but a can is a lifetime deal. I don't want you to have this forever and wish it were better. I'd MUCH rather it be right the first time.

If the brake is permanent, you can't time it. Kills the idea. It also kills the idea of removing it and adding the serialized stage 2. Also, if there is no reduction taking place in the Core, the can will need to be dumb long relative to its suppression quality.

We spent all summer drawing and working in circles to figure out how to make this as accessible as possible. Finally we decided to end up where we are, as we want the product to be as high-quality as possible. A number we will release is DB rating of the Core with no brake. This will clear up some confusion, as there is an appreciable reduction, thus the need for serialization.

If the wait times weren't plummeting we might have compromised more, but a can is a lifetime deal. I don't want you to have this forever and wish it were better. I'd MUCH rather it be right the first time.

From everything I have seen so far, it's pretty obvious you guys put a lot of time and thought into this. I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on one.

I like the way the guys of Area 419 are always trying to come up with different concepts on products
I own a couple of suppressors so I would most likely wait to see some results before I consider ordering the maverick ,
I still have a few other items i would like to purchase from area 419 and I try to budget myself throughout the year on how much i spend on gun related items.

First of all. it's 2019. Why isn't this video 16:9?

Bravo to Area 419, they are constantly innovating. I almost always shoot suppressed simply because I dislike ear pro, but I've been constantly weighing the pros and cons of switching to a brake. Thumbs up for the innovation, and definitely on my watch list.

Form 4 Individuals are down in the 90 day range, and I'm hearing that the Trust E-File will return soon and suck that number down as well. NFA Branch has updated some processes, more should be public soon.

I don't know what the ATF is doing or will do in the future, or what wait times will be going forward. But this article doesn't sound promising. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/exclusive-atf-kills-program-fast-tracked-nfa-items/

I've seen people in the last few days still getting forms back in 60-90 days, so I'm not putting any faith in that article just yet.

I'm on a trust, so it doesn't affect me either way. I picked up 2 cans today that the check was cashed December 2018.

The more I see hunting as well mentioned the more this thrips my trigger. I’d like to invest in a precision shooting fan coming up this summer and until now was solely looking at a TBAC ultra 7 or 9. Excited to see what’s coming as it would be nice to have something I can run suppressed hunting and with the brake for comp

The more I see hunting as well mentioned the more this thrips my trigger. I’d like to invest in a precision shooting fan coming up this summer and until now was solely looking at a TBAC ultra 7 or 9. Excited to see what’s coming as it would be nice to have something I can run suppressed hunting and with the brake for comp
On that front, you'll love our new announcement, probably hitting on Friday.

I don't know what the ATF is doing or will do in the future, or what wait times will be going forward. But this article doesn't sound promising. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/exclusive-atf-kills-program-fast-tracked-nfa-items/
I'm told this is likely a nothing-burger. The fast-track was always meant to be a temporary precursor to E-File 4s returning and everything being fast (as the fast-track data system will be the new normal system). I'd guess they will clean out the backlog as best they can and then open up E-file. While almost nothing the government does is logical, this would be the logical progression.

On that front, you'll love our new announcement, probably hitting on Friday.

I'm told this is likely a nothing-burger. The fast-track was always meant to be a temporary precursor to E-File 4s returning and everything being fast (as the fast-track data system will be the new normal system). I'd guess they will clean out the backlog as best they can and then open up E-file. While almost nothing the government does is logical, this would be the logical progression.

So I might be able to liberate my Maverick from jail by, say, May?

Fellas - as promised, here is our update to the system.

We added one functional part, as well as a thread/taper protector, and your Maverick can now be configured six different ways, from 4" to 9". It's also been getting a little lighter as we get into production and can tweak every final surface for strength/weight. Check out the YouTube video, and the graphic that shows config/weight/sound specs.

Attachments

• 79322989_458165614901264_7421751165919952896_n.jpg
    79322989_458165614901264_7421751165919952896_n.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 94
I like the idea. I can't wait for it to get out into the public for real world testing.

I like the idea. I can't wait for it to get out into the public for real world testing.

Well, it's time.

I got to take mine out to the range today and run 100+ rounds of 308 through it. I've run brakes for years because I didn't like the long push off target of typical suppressors.

I won't be running brakes any more, or any other cans for that matter - at least for anything match related. The Maverick actually exceeded my expectations, which were pretty high. Shooting it in "match mode", even shooting off a wobbly-assed tank trap tip 5ish feet off the ground, I was easily staying in the optic through the recoil and watching my impacts at 300 yards. The recoil on my 308 was very minimal - far less than expected. Concussion is non-existent, and standing even just a foot or so away from the muzzle was not a problem - definitely not something I could say about any brakes I have run.
I only put a few rounds through it with the extra baffle and the full suppressor stack installed, but adding the baffle made it feel more like a traditional can - but with less drive off target. I was also surprised with how good the 8" suppressor configuration sounded.

The Maverick is a keeper.

Well, it's time.

I got to take mine out to the range today and run 100+ rounds of 308 through it. I've run brakes for years because I didn't like the long push off target of typical suppressors.

I won't be running brakes any more, or any other cans for that matter - at least for anything match related. The Maverick actually exceeded my expectations, which were pretty high. Shooting it in "match mode", even shooting off a wobbly-assed tank trap tip 5ish feet off the ground, I was easily staying in the optic through the recoil and watching my impacts at 300 yards. The recoil on my 308 was very minimal - far less than expected. Concussion is non-existent, and standing even just a foot or so away from the muzzle was not a problem - definitely not something I could say about any brakes I have run.
I only put a few rounds through it with the extra baffle and the full suppressor stack installed, but adding the baffle made it feel more like a traditional can - but with less drive off target. I was also surprised with how good the 8" suppressor configuration sounded.

The Maverick is a keeper.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it will work for a lot of match shooters, and for me, the less people that run traditional brakes on the firing line the better.

I still think the golden opportunity here was to offer a baffle front section with a permanently welded brake. Area 419’s testing showed that “match configuration” essentially was a net zero increase in dB, but with the recoil benefits of a brake. Had they been able to convince the ATF that that wasn’t a suppressor, and offered it for say...$800? but with no stamp and no added cost of a suppressor configuration, I think it could’ve been really something. As it is, $1500 all-in with a year long wait on a trust is not something that would convince me to leave the quiet comfort of my TBAC, even if it has more push during recoil. I know I’m an outlier for match shooters, but -25dB of sound is worth way more than -1 mil of recoil movement in the scope.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it will work for a lot of match shooters, and for me, the less people that run traditional brakes on the firing line the better.

I still think the golden opportunity here was to offer a baffle front section with a permanently welded brake. Area 419’s testing showed that “match configuration” essentially was a net zero increase in dB, but with the recoil benefits of a brake. Had they been able to convince the ATF that that wasn’t a suppressor, and offered it for say...$800? but with no stamp and no added cost of a suppressor configuration, I think it could’ve been really something. As it is, $1500 all-in with a year long wait on a trust is not something that would convince me to leave the quiet comfort of my TBAC, even if it has more push during recoil. I know I’m an outlier for match shooters, but -25dB of sound is worth way more than -1 mil of recoil movement in the scope.

A few points - the Maverick is only $1500 if you get the extra module, it's $1300 without - and that puts it damn close to a TBAC on price. Recoil difference between the Maverick and my Ultra 7 is WAY more than 1 mil, too. Welding a brake to the front would require a complete redesign to allow for it to be timed correctly, and I doubt the ATF would approve it, even then.

I've also seen trusts coming back with F4s in ~120-150 days recently, same as individual.

All that said - this is still not a thing for everyone. I think most anyone that actually shoots one will want one anyway (especially with as good as the 8" configuration sounded), but this is definitely aimed squarely at the PRS/NRL match crowd more than the general LR shooting populace.

I agree.

I appreciate the innovation and ingenuity, but I'm with you on this. I'd take the minimal recoil penalty to get the massive sound reduction of a quality proper can.

If I was worried about trace, I would probably get a shorter barrel (~22"), a very large volume can (TBAC .338 Ultra) and shoot my bullets on the slower side.

But I'm not chasing spots on a podium. I shoot for fun, the challenge, and ultimately to get to be a better shooter.

This seems like a good tool for those with 30lb 6 dashers, trying to do everything they can to make the game easier. That's not my shooting ethos, and I think this product is more geared toward the small niche group trying to make the game easier with gear chasing podium spots.

Nothing against A419, they make a lot of great products and there's a lot of ingenuity that comes out of their shop. My hats off to them. This one isn't for me, but I could see where others could appreciate some of the features of this device.

I agree.

I appreciate the innovation and ingenuity, but I'm with you on this. I'd take the minimal recoil penalty to get the massive sound reduction of a quality proper can.

If I was worried about trace, I would probably get a shorter barrel (~22"), a very large volume can (TBAC .338 Ultra) and shoot my bullets on the slower side.

But I'm not chasing spots on a podium. I shoot for fun, the challenge, and ultimately to get to be a better shooter.

This seems like a good tool for those with 30lb 6 dashers, trying to do everything they can to make the game easier. That's not my shooting ethos, and I think this product is more geared toward the small niche group trying to make the game easier with gear chasing podium spots.

Nothing against A419, they make a lot of great products and there's a lot of ingenuity that comes out of their shop. My hats off to them. This one isn't for me, but I could see where others could appreciate some of the features of this device.

That's kinda the thing here, though - you get both in one package. Recoil reduction with no blast, AND a pretty damn good can. All you have to do is swap the front module depending on what you want.

A few points - the Maverick is only $1500 if you get the extra module, it's $1300 without - and that puts it damn close to a TBAC on price. Recoil difference between the Maverick and my Ultra 7 is WAY more than 1 mil, too. Welding a brake to the front would require a complete redesign to allow for it to be timed correctly, and I doubt the ATF would approve it, even then.

I've also seen trusts coming back with F4s in ~120-150 days recently, same as individual.

All that said - this is still not a thing for everyone. I think most anyone that actually shoots one will want one anyway (especially with as good as the 8" configuration sounded), but this is definitely aimed squarely at the PRS/NRL match crowd more than the general LR shooting populace.
It’s $1500 all-in, which includes the $200 stamp. That’s a lot of coin for someone that already owns multiple suppressors.

How does the Maverick attach to the rifle? I guess I assumed they could make it interface and self-time exactly like their brakes, just with a much larger locking ring/collet. That would allow the baffle section to time if the brake section was welded on.

With a 308 I don’t doubt the recoil reduction is better than 1 mil, assuming you’re talking about shooting off a barricade and not prone. But with a 6 Dasher or similar, I have a harder time believing its that substantial since the recoil with a brake OR suppressor is so small anyway. And since it’s geared towards match shooters, how many of them are shooting 308, let alone 6.5?

That's kinda the thing here, though - you get both in one package. Recoil reduction with no blast, AND a pretty damn good can. All you have to do is swap the front module depending on what you want.

If you want the ability to do both, there's no better solution. I agree with you on that.

It’s $1500 all-in, which includes the $200 stamp. That’s a lot of coin for someone that already owns multiple suppressors.

How does the Maverick attach to the rifle? I guess I assumed they could make it interface and self-time exactly like their brakes, just with a much larger locking ring/collet. That would allow the baffle section to time if the brake section was welded on.

With a 308 I don’t doubt the recoil reduction is better than 1 mil, assuming you’re talking about shooting off a barricade and not prone. But with a 6 Dasher or similar, I have a harder time believing its that substantial since the recoil with a brake OR suppressor is so small anyway. And since it’s geared towards match shooters, how many of them are shooting 308, let alone 6.5?

I'm getting less push off target with the Maverick on my 308 than I did with my U7 and a 6 Creedmoor. I haven't gotten a Sidewinder adapter for my U7 yet (that's in the plans) to do a direct comparison, though.

Today, the suppressor pieces just screw on and end up where they end up. The brake piece times just like a Hellfire or Sidewinder but on the end of the 1st suppressor section or the extra baffle. (note - I don't have one in front of me, but it seems pretty clear on the demo videos, etc)

You're right that if it's welded on, you'd have to time the whole unit, which then requires that they redesign at least the back end of the unit (to allow for new ring, etc. They might have to design a completely new adapter, too. It's a different design problem all the way around.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
@Hollywood 6mm do you have a way of taking a video through the scope, to show the recoil difference between say the Maverick and the U7?

A video would probably do wonders to show some of the benefits of the Maverick.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
@Hollywood 6mm do you have a way of taking a video through the scope, to show the recoil difference between say the Maverick and the U7?

A video would probably do wonders to show some of the benefits of the Maverick.

I have through-the-scope footage from the Maverick, but nothing yet with the U7. My TBAC usually lives on my 223 gasser, and I am trying to get 419 to make me a Sidewinder adapter in 1/2x28 so I can throw a Sidewinder adapter in my U7 to test on my 308. If I'd done the Hellfire version of the Mav instead, then I'd already have done a comparison.

I too would love to see an Ultra 7 to Maverick comparison. I run the TBAC now, so I’m anxious to see a direct comparison between the two on how well they remain on target

I tried a buddy’s maverick on my 25 creedmoor this weekend off the most rickety barricade on the planet. We did a direct comparison of my silencer tech to the maverick. We also did a direct comparison of the 25 creed to his 6BR in the match configuration.
The maverick was amazing. It controlled the recoil impulse (in match configuration) on the 25 creed the same as my Insite heathen without the over pressure. The recoil pulse was strait back, allowing me to stay on target better than the silencer tech. The noise in the max silencer mode was better than my silencer tech, although more in frequency than volume. (Very subjective).
Shooting prone in moon dust the maverick blew nothing back on me or my scope.
In the match configuration we found that noise was not a problem for bystanders outside about 50 feet.
I would say the perceived recoil on the 25 CM and the 6 BR felt almost the same. The most impressive thing was the flat nature of the free recoil (no shoulder on the gun)
I really like my silencer tech, but if the maverick was available before I bought it I would get the maverick as my do all one can especially over an almost equally priced TBAC.

I tried a buddy’s maverick on my 25 creedmoor this weekend off the most rickety barricade on the planet. We did a direct comparison of my silencer tech to the maverick. We also did a direct comparison of the 25 creed to his 6BR in the match configuration.
The maverick was amazing. It controlled the recoil impulse (in match configuration) on the 25 creed the same as my Insite heathen without the over pressure. The recoil pulse was strait back, allowing me to stay on target better than the silencer tech. The noise in the max silencer mode was better than my silencer tech, although more in frequency than volume. (Very subjective).
Shooting prone in moon dust the maverick blew nothing back on me or my scope.
In the match configuration we found that noise was not a problem for bystanders outside about 50 feet.
I would say the perceived recoil on the 25 CM and the 6 BR felt almost the same. The most impressive thing was the flat nature of the free recoil (no shoulder on the gun)
I really like my silencer tech, but if the maverick was available before I bought it I would get the maverick as my do all one can especially over an almost equally priced TBAC.

Your experience mirrors mine almost exactly. I needed to check some stuff out at the range on my 308 last weekend, but wasn't able to get a conjugal with the Maverick, so I had to go back to running the Sidewinder.

The sidewinder is a kick-ass brake, but after about 3 shots I missed the hell out of my Maverick. Functionally zero difference in recoil performance, but none of the concussion.

The sidewinder is a kick-ass brake, but after about 3 shots I missed the hell out of my Maverick. Functionally zero difference in recoil performance, but none of the concussion.

This is what I keep looking at, on the fence about ordering a maverick. Wish I could get around someone that has a Maverick in the real world.

Where in the country are you? Do you shoot matches? May be able to connect you with someone.

I’m in southwest Colorado, I do shoot matches when I’m able to make it out to them. The videos on YouTube are helpful, would just be nice to see one in person.