• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Area 419 Micrometer Adjustable Sizing Dies

The people shitting on these dies are clearly poors raging because they can't afford them. Decanting is useless. I do like the click adjust shoulder bump. Setting up a sizing die to a perfect 2 thou bump is a pain in the balls and that feature is awesome.

Reactions: aam and Islas82
The people shitting on these dies are clearly poors raging because they can't afford them. Decanting is useless. I do like the click adjust shoulder bump. Setting up a sizing die to a perfect 2 thou bump is a pain in the balls and that feature is awesome.
If you can't set up a standard die to a perfect 2 though bump, you won't be able to do it with this die either.

Fantastic dies

thats ignorance. So the zero being 10x 100x better than any other press? Pffft get out of here. You spent the $1200 as a sucker for the zero? Should’ve gotten a mark7. Your spending money for the best? Then GET the best. Mark7 or Camdex. That’s the Mercedes Benz of reloading. So why’s you stop? Oh. To brag? Like you have the best? No you don’t. The zero is nice? But it does nothing more than my RCBS Jr does. Lol and I spent $20 on that. Lol
Anyone who thinks a Mark7 is the best... Is missing something. I owned an auto drive Mark7 and it was by far the biggest POS I ever owned. Not to mention terrible CS.

Everything else I agree with you on....

It's not that we can't afford to do so. It's that we don't see the advantage of this over a common die. The squeeze isn't worth the juice.

The Whidden sizer and ring set up can click every .001 with east and you can lock it in too. Even with a normal die, setting it up to bump the shoulders back isn't hard if you have a caliper or a depth mic. I do it once and really never have to adjust my dies again once the rings are locked in. Maybe if you have multiple rifles with the same caliber with different chamber lengths I can see it being a PITA to do.

It's not that we can't afford to do so. It's that we don't see the advantage of this over a common die. The squeeze isn't worth the juice.

The Whidden sizer and ring set up can click every .001 with east and you can lock it in too. Even with a normal die, setting it up to bump the shoulders back isn't hard if you have a caliper or a depth mic. I do it once and really never have to adjust my dies again once the rings are locked in. Maybe if you have multiple rifles with the same caliber with different chamber lengths I can see it being a PITA to do.
Multiple rifles you just buy many different dies. For $500, you could have around 10 FLS dies all locked in for 10 different rifles

Reactions: JAS-SH
Hoo boy, a psychologist could have a field day analyzing this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: aam
Anyone who thinks a Mark7 is the best... Is missing something. I owned an auto drive Mark7 and it was by far the biggest POS I ever owned. Not to mention terrible CS.

Everything else I agree with you on....
I don’t know much about the mk7 other than it’s an at home fully automated system?

I know camdex is the top of the line however for that? You better be cranking out millions of rounds

My analogy:

If you drive a Bentley SUV, then by all means go for it. In the meantime, my Lincoln Black Label SUV, which has ALL of the same features of the Bentley. will still get me there at the same time in the same comfort and luxury, but at less than half the cost ;).

Here's a couple of pics I took of my Lincoln. When was the last time you saw a dash covered with Italian leather :unsure:?:

_DSC4454_DxO-2160-L.jpg

_DSC4177_DxOB-2160-L.jpg

Fantastic dies

thats ignorance. So the zero being 10x 100x better than any other press? Pffft get out of here. You spent the $1200 as a sucker for the zero? Should’ve gotten a mark7. Your spending money for the best? Then GET the best. Mark7 or Camdex. That’s the Mercedes Benz of reloading. So why’s you stop? Oh. To brag? Like you have the best? No you don’t. The zero is nice? But it does nothing more than my RCBS Jr does. Lol and I spent $20 on that. Lol
Actually, I gave him a Redding press for nothing…. And I bought the zero. But you still didn’t answer his question….

Reactions: Baron23
Outrageous with the price.
Certainly expensive that’s for sure… However, the question is how much time and energy goes into manufacturing that sucker. My assumption is that it probably cost them at least $250 to make the thing give it all the precision that’s involved in it at that rate looking at what others charge for their precision dies. I’m not so sure the price is completely obnoxious.

I think the bigger issue is that you really do have to have a separate turret for your zero, or for whatever other press you’re using you’re gonna have to completely disassemble it to install the die.

My analogy:

If you drive a Bentley SUV, then by all means go for it. In the meantime, my Lincoln Black Label SUV, which has ALL of the same features of the Bentley. will still get me there at the same time in the same comfort and luxury, but at less than half the cost ;).
Oh yeah? Well my ‘83 Datsun gives me low SDs and 1/4MOA groups all day if I do my part.

So comparing this is some of the Reading dies it’s not that expensive….

1671371806816.png

Don’t get me wrong, I really wish they were all the 1990s prices but they’re not. Whidden gun works dies are not cheap. Neither are any of the other ones I see out there that are specialty made.

Reactions: aam and Baron23

View attachment 8024210
Don’t get me wrong, I really wish they were all the 1990s prices but they’re not. Whidden gun works dies are not cheap. Neither are any of the other ones I see out there that are specialty made.
Dies are expensive these days but in this case it's and incompatible size die (1 1/4-inch). So incompatible that the older Zero presses, which are not cheap, have to be upgraded with a new turret. Oh, and that price does not included a required new shell holder.

If you can't set up a standard die to a perfect 2 though bump, you won't be able to do it with this die either.
I didn't say I couldn't set up a standard die to bump 2 thou, I said it can be a pain in the ass. Anybody claiming other wise is lier.

Reactions: Cynical

View attachment 8024210

LOL, the expensive columns in that table are sets of 2 or 3 of the most expensive dies Redding makes. That's why it says "set".

The single most expensive sizing die there are the cat III competition bushing neck dies, which cap out at $280 MSRP. Actual street price is under $200 for them... not that many people want neck sizing dies these days, which is why they don't make them for many calibers. The regular full length bushing dies are like $115 or less at retail.

Absolutely, Henderson trimmer the year before.
I have something similar that I had built. But instead of collet, you just hold case neck up to datum line. It’s for one particular cartridge and can’t be changed though. Unless you cut/grind off the support bars.

Dies are expensive these days but in this case it's and incompatible size die (1 1/4-inch). So incompatible that the older Zero presses, which are not cheap, have to be upgraded with a new turret. Oh, and that price does not included a required new shell holder.

419 has offered 1 1/4 turrets since the introduction of the Zero press.

419 has offered 1 1/4 turrets since the introduction of the Zero press.
Never said they didn't But the majority of people don't have those on. 419 is coming out with a new turret that has both sizes. but will give preference (move to the front of the line) to buyers of the new die first.

Never said they didn't But the majority of people don't have those on. 419 is coming out with a new turret that has both sizes. but will give preference (move to the front of the line) to buyers of the new die first.

The hybrid turret has also been available since the Zero was introduced.

The hybrid turret has also been available since the Zero was introduced.
Thank you, I stand corrected. I did not seen it in the options for turrets, but that was a long time ago when the press was introduced. It is there know for sure.

That said, I still hold firm on saying that most Zero owners probably bought the 7/8 turret. If so, those users would have to add another $225 for the new die - unless, and 419 has kind off said as much, they will be offering a pre-order special for the whole package, includes the die, holder and hybrid turret.

Thank you, I stand corrected. I did not seen it in the options for turrets, but that was a long time ago when the press was introduced. It is there know for sure.

That said, I still hold firm on saying that most Zero owners probably bought the 7/8 turret. If so, those users would have to add another $225 for the new die - unless, and 419 has kind off said as much, they will be offering a pre-order special for the whole package, includes the die, holder and hybrid turret.
$650 for the whole combo

@flyer1a if one purchases one die... Are the sleeves/mandrel available for purchase in the future to cover a different caliber?

Example: buy 6GT die today. Want to reload 6.5 in the future, buy sleeve/mandrel in a couple months, switch out sleeve, profit?

Reactions: 357Max
Ah, so given your views I’m assuming you drive a Yugo? I mean, it provides all of the functions of a vehicle so paying more for a vehicle would just be stupid, right?
He drives a Le’Car. Original vintage!

Beep beep!

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
KEY FEATURES

• Micrometer Adjustable Headspace/Shoulder Bump
  • Precision Ground Expander Mandrels (all dies ship with a .002 neck tension mandrel, more to be available Q1 2023)
  • Full-Length Neck to Extractor Sizing
  • Spring Ejection for Spent Primers
  • Replaceable Steel Decap Pins
  • Reamer Cut to Exacting Dimensions for a TRUE Size (no more sticky bolt after the second firing)
  • Hydraulic Shoulder Pressure Relief
  • 100% Made in AMERICA

The ZERO M-Series Sizing die is the culmination of years of testing, research, trial, error, frustration, and finally, discoveries.

As Reloaders, we knew we needed a die to do certain things, but as the makers of the ZERO Reloading Press, we also learned a huge amount about what other dies did well or did poorly, and what our customers were struggling with on a daily basis.

With the ZERO M-Series Sizing Die, we think we have produced a sizing die that is capable of producing the finest, match-grade ammunition, as well as being user-friendly to new and learning reloaders.

Sizing brass doesn’t have to be complicated. It doesn’t have to require years of trial and error. It just needs equipment, made with the end-user in mind, designed with the understanding that a die is part of an ecosystem of parts. A press, a die, the brass, the rifle – they all have to work together and be designed with one another in mind. This is that. Introducing, the ZERO M-Series Sizing Die.

I was very excited before the Galvin's video, but now I see that:

- it is NOT contacting shellholder for the best consistency like WTC die or competition shellholders from Redding;
- mandrell is NOT adjustable if we want to have other than 0.002' neck tension;
- how does it compromise for different thickness of the neck ?

Great, another infomercial by the Ultimate Schill.

He might know how to con people into paying to advertise on his channel or giving him free goods for content, but he is not reaching your true target market.
Offtopic but thought to mention, He's already back to shilling another die company at 3min in his latest "338 Lapua Build Start to Finish" video - "you want the absolute best, you're going to want Triebel and you're going to want to get those from Creedmoor Sports"