• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Argentina Dove hunting

chevy_man

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2019
    Would highly recommend.

Our days have consisted of:
    7:00am- breakfast and coffee, hour to two hours.
    8-9:00am - in the field. Bird boy carries a case (500 rounds), shotgun, and a 5 gallon bucket to the "hide". The hide can be anything from netting to tree branches to a good bush.

11:00am, 500+ rounds later you've shot many doves. I've been averaging 50-60% hits. Local kids are showing up to pick up all the dead birds because free meat is better than no meat.

12:00pm- lunch and cervezas, then siesta.

2-3:00pm- siesta is over, back in the sprinter van to a field.

5:00pm, 500 rounds later and hundreds of dead doves it's back to the lodge for appetizers and muy cervezas.

8:00pm- dinner and cervezas.

9:00pm, bedtime, Ibuprofen for the bruised shoulders.

As a bonus, they hate parakeets and they are fair game. If the kids can find a wounded one they'll run over and hide behind you in the bushes and fuck with it to make tons of noise. Then all the parakeets will keep coming in and they find it highly entertaining when they get shot.
    From what I could understand as my Spanish sucks, the parakeets harass people and they love seeing them shot.

IMG_20230825_125552855_HDR.jpg

Reactions: diverdon
    Those Germans had it right, flee Europe, fuck latin hotties and let Americans pay to fix the damage.

This hunt is on the short list.

My Dad has bought several of them now at RMEF banquets. Cheaper, but the hunts are during their off season so no ducks.

Good way to go for cheap though. I'm only into it $3500 in shells, $2k in plane tickets from Montana and back, and $800 in lodge fees (drivers, bird boys, chefs, etc get paid with these).