• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Argentine Nedinsco Scope?

jamgordon82

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am a new member from the UK.

I am helping an old gentleman to organize his stuff as he is moving to a new home. I found this scope among some of his old stuff that he is considering throwing away.

1100185073 (1).jpeg

1100185075.jpeg

I have done a bit of research, I believe it is an Argentine Nedinsco scope. But I am not sure if it is for M1909 as the mount base is different.

Can anyone share some insight on it? I am just curious about the background history of it as it is a nice scope and seems is a shame if he just chuck it away.

Thank you for all your assistance.
James

Reactions: simonp
I don't have any specific history on it, but if it is getting thrown away, I would like to have it instead. It looks to be from the 1920's to 1950's

Hi all, I am a new member from the UK.

I am helping an old gentleman to organize his stuff as he is moving to a new home. I found this scope among some of his old stuff that he is considering throwing away.

View attachment 8188021
View attachment 8188022

I have done a bit of research, I believe it is an Argentine Nedinsco scope. But I am not sure if it is for M1909 as the mount base is different.

Can anyone share some insight on it? I am just curious about the background history of it as it is a nice scope and seems is a shame if he just chuck it away.

Thank you for all your assistance.
James
I would post this in the vintage sniper rifles sub-forum. Lots of knowledge there