• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken/Outlier chassis rifle build

So a little update on my Outlier Barrel. Tested my loads on my tikka outlier 39.1 gr of IMR4350 yields 2810fps with an SD of 4 out of 10rds using SMKs 142
asked a buddy of mine who loads hotter if I could shoot some of my reloads thru his rifle to make a comparison. and got this results back out f 7 shots. 2706fps same load SD of 3 es 11.

I am now confident in my reloads, but 100fps difference from my outlier vs his bartlein 5r….

both barrels have shot about the same amount of rounds just shy of 200

Reactions: squirrel_slayer
So an update on my Outlier barrel. I had originally ordered a 22 inch 6.5 creedmoor with no flutes in a savage small shank. I emailed them to change my order to a 16 inch fluted barrel. Outlier emailed me back a couple days later and said specs have been changed. That was on 6/9/23.
Fast forward to 7/25 I emailed them on an update for the barrel. The response was,

Brandon,

We had your barrel completed, and it did not pass QC. We are diligently working on a fix for the issues, and will get your barrel made and shipped as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay.

So still waiting on the barrel. They have been responding to my email fairly quick.
They did catch the mess up before I received the barrel. So we will see on their second barrel. Hopefully it correct this time and I’m still looking forward to getting the barrel and trying it out.

So, I ordered a 7mm-08 barrel and scope in June. I've inquired twice via e-mail for a delivery update. The first inquiry was three weeks ago and they replied fairly quickly with:

"We are getting caught up. Your order should be shipping in the next 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the delays."

I inquired again yesterday (at 3 weeks) and no reply so far. They did hit my credit card the day I ordered, so I figured shipment would be imminent. Starting to get skeptical here.

I have a cheap Axis 300blk that I use as a Mule gun. I thought about dropping it in one of these chassis with a folding adapter. Anybody forsee and issues?

Yep, this is the last update I got one my barrel.
Brandon,

We are still waiting on the new reamers. We estimate 4-6 weeks to receive them, and then approximately 3-4 weeks for us to build your barrel, and another 3-4 weeks on the nitride process. Sorry for the delays.

Wasn’t too pleased about it.

If I wasn’t essential getting this barrel for free I would cancel my order.

I see claims of barrels shooting lights out but see no groups posted.. color me cautious. Add that on top of the delays.

I received my scope fairly quick from them. I think it was within a week or two.
My barrel was originally done but didn’t pass QC, so now I wait.

Yeah there not off to a great start....I assumed since they were partnered with Arken they'd have similar levels of customer service...That was a mistaken assumption.

Yeah there not off to a great start....I assumed since they were partnered with Arken they'd have similar levels of customer service...That was a mistaken assumption.
Yeah I’ve talked to the owner several times on the phone. They can’t seem to figure it out. Their barrels do shoot great though, I have one in 6.5, shoots great

Yeah I’ve talked to the owner several times on the phone. They can’t seem to figure it out. Their barrels do shoot great though, I have one in 6.5, shoots great
Well this something I am hoping to see. Hoping there barrels shoot well. This kinda reminds me of the PVA deal a couple years ago. Take my money then wait.

Have a fluted 308 Outlier barrel and chassis on a Savage Axis we've been kinda testing. Got a bit of a problem presently with the bolt/action not camping back to start extraction and why we haven't been shooting it lately.

They wanted to see how the 308 shot right from the git-go with no breaking in or load development. A buddy put it together at his house, told me where the lands were and I loaded up rounds for it.

We met at Briar Rabbit range here in Ohio for testing. 43.5 gr of Varget with Lapua Palma brass, CCI 450 primers and 185 Juggernauts.

Took two shots after bore sighting to get a close zero. Next shots were for group to see what it'd do. Some will say it's not the best way to test a new gun but we wanted to see how different shooters did with it.

First 3 shots shot by a past ELR World Record holder, second group by the Open class range record holder at Rayners, third by a very good local shooter and the last group by my Son who holds the 223/308 range record at Rayners. All good shooters.

Seated .003 deeper and is very consistent a cloverleaf gun now. No complaints at all on accuracy. I did make a tight fitting insert for the chassis to stiffen it a bit which really helped.

Will find the target and post pictures from that initial firing. Performed very well for a budget setup. It also had n Arken EP-5 which made it a complete Arken except for the action.

I forgot I posted here about the Outlier barrel/chassis we started testing. The Axis action wouldn't have been my first choice but that is what they wanted us to test. We ran into a problem right off with very little cam back with the bolt for extraction. An aftermarket tactical bolt still didn't help. Appears both needed more material added to create rearward action to start extraction. We found a local jeweler with a lazer welder that added material and some slight filing/reconfiguring cured it.

Here is the picture of the target. The order we shot the groups is in the post above. It's still a 3 shot cloverleaf shooter but we lost most of the summer due to getting the extraction issue remedied.

This is how we did the first group tests copied from my initial post in case the quote wasn't read.

"Took two shots after bore sighting to get a close zero. Next shots were for group to see what it'd do. Some will say it's not the best way to test a new gun but we wanted to see how different shooters did with it.

First 3 shots shot by a past ELR World Record holder, second group by the Open class range record holder at Rayners, third by a very good local shooter and the last group by my Son who holds the 223/308 range record at Rayners. All good shooters.

Seated .003 deeper and is very consistent a cloverleaf gun now. No complaints at all on accuracy. I did make a tight fitting insert for the chassis to stiffen it a bit which really helped."

Facebook_creation_158844636.jpg
20230217_130930.jpg
20230217_123102.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevK
Still nothing for everyone?
Here’s the reply I got a month ago:

“We are currently waiting on the reamer manufacturer to complete and ship the new reamers. We are looking at possibly 4-6 weeks to receive, then a few more weeks to manufacture.“

I asked them to please ship the scope and nothing. My initial order was Father’s Day so I am beyond 90 days. Not looking good here.

I don’t know much about barrel manufacturing, how many chambering do you get out of a reamer? Is there some special reamer they need for chambering in their scale? There seems to be plenty of 6.5CM reamers in stock that don’t require a 6 week wait.

Maybe they get their reamers from PTG :ROFLMAO: ok I'm an asshole lol....carry on!

I'm not going to badmouth Outlier as they made things right but I'll say there off to a rough start.

This is the last response I got from them.

Brandon,

Our barrels are currently being stress relieved. Once they are done, we will be able to machine the final details, and then will have to send them off for nitride. We are still several weeks out. Sorry for the delays.

Reactions: squirrel_slayer
I got mine maybe a week or 1.5 weeks ago. It was not nitrided though, just fluted.