• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken/Outlier chassis rifle build

PXL_20220601_204056659.jpg
Well, only 10 months and 10 days into the 5-8 week wait time, my barrel finally arrived. It does appear to be 26" long and a 7SAUM cartridge does appear to fit and someday I'll eventually give it a shot...but I'll NEVER order another from these guys considering the delay in production/shipping and the rough outside finish on the 'finished' barrel.
PXL_20220601_204108698.jpg

Oh, well...

Reactions: Jason.N
Got an Outlier chassis in. Plan was to put anTi in there for a poor man's lightweight rifle.

Pros
2lb 11oz with 15" rail, adjustable cheek, and LoP. Decently stuff handguard with built in arca. Mag release that's easily reachable with trigger finger. Decent size barricade stop. Doesn't have that tuning fork ring that the ACC does.

Cons
Narrow forearm width doesn't fit my anTi recoil lug. Fuck. Drop in my Archimedes, bolt hits the cheek riser before going to full travel. Double fuck.

An Origin action does fit and the bolt doesn't hit the cheek riser. Order with caution.

Another outlier chassis. I'm thinking a lightweight build and cheaper than a XLR element.

Pro:
it's cheap
Weight is pretty great
700 drops in no issue
Full length ARCA
Balance is pretty much spot on with a 22" barrel.

Cons:
Front of forearm is sharp! Needs chamfered!
Logo looks dumb and finishes from chassis/rail/stock don't match
The mag release on mine is very stiff

Recieved mine this weekend, after changing to a R700 SA, and i will say the fact that it wouldnt fit either my built with a modest recoil lug R700 or a factory Bergara was dissapointing to say the least. Same issue with the various coating colors was present. They 3D print the stock riser and grip with decent precision. The company Definitely needs some feedback. Im reluctant to change my rifle setup to fit the chassis.

Reactions: MustangGreg66
My chassis showed up today. After a 5 month wait I can’t say I’m really impressed.

The bad:
I think this chassis was probably used, or at least a demo. Dust, dings, finish wear in spots, dried up thread locker in the grip screw hole.

The finish is not great either on the metal parts. You can see the black splotch on the trigger guard. That’s the worst, but there are numerous smaller spots like that.
The giant outlier logo looks cheesy.
The cheek riser and stock don’t come up quite enough, but that has alot to do with the arken scope mount being so tall.
They didn’t include a grip screw or any instructions.
Lots of set screws holding it all together, which I’m not a huge fan of.

The good:
All the rest of the hardware was included, and it went together easily. I didn’t have to do any fitting whatsoever, and the action/chassis interface is very good.
The machining work is clean.
The plastic parts are pretty nice. Damn near as good as stuff I’ve gotten from MK Machining.
The part I’m most relieved about is that I was able to cycle .223 dummy rounds through both my metal accurate mag, and my plastic mdt mag with no issues.
Mags go in, catch, release, and drop free like they should.

Perhaps subsequent production runs will have better finishes. I’ll take it out tomorrow and see if there are any issues.
My gripes are mostly cosmetic, so idk it’s worth trying to return or anything. Especially since I’m not confident in turnaround time.

If it all functions like it seems it will, I’ll cerakote it, and be happy. Would I buy another? Do I like it better than an Oryx? Jury’s still out.
If I had know about the Oryx field stock I would have waited though.
Rangerlong, did you ever accuracy test your rifle? I just got my chassis, after waiting 10 months. Got it on a steal of a deal, so my complaints are limited. I got their heavy flute barrel and the chassis for a Savage Model 10 that I have. Just need to get mags and ammo. Mine is 6.5 creedmoore with a 16" barrel and I'm adding a side folding stock. Basically a truck gun. I live in eastern NC, where my longest shots on game are 600 yards or so. Any suggestions on mags or assembly?

Rangerlong, did you ever accuracy test your rifle? I just got my chassis, after waiting 10 months. Got it on a steal of a deal, so my complaints are limited. I got their heavy flute barrel and the chassis for a Savage Model 10 that I have. Just need to get mags and ammo. Mine is 6.5 creedmoore with a 16" barrel and I'm adding a side folding stock. Basically a truck gun. I live in eastern NC, where my longest shots on game are 600 yards or so. Any suggestions on mags or assembly?

I did, no complaints there. The cheek rest was a little short (front to back) for my taste.
The chassis was solid though, mags locked in and fed well, accuracy was better than the factory stock.

Got my chassis and barrel in, as well as my SH4 6-24MIL. Had it all set up, and my new shooting buddy wanted it, so I sold it to him. Put those funds right back into Outlier for a Remington Chassis, with a new EP5 5-25MIL. The 700 is the SPS Tactical in .308, and it shoots fantastic!! I will get some pics on the next rage trip, as my phone died.

Attachments

• Dixie.jpg
    Dixie.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
Sold my SH4 6-24 that I bought last year. For shits and grins I plopped in the MEMORIAL code to see if the free barrel promo was still valid....sure as shit was! So now I have an EP5 5-25(was released after I bought the SH4) on the way with a 7mm08 barrel:LOL:

Here's an update from Outlier. I also inquired about the carbon barrel I seen on their facebook page.

"We have been blessed with a bunch of orders due to the sale. We estimate your order to be shipped in approximately 1-2 weeks. We have taken the carbon fiber barrels out of production for the time being, to concentrate on more standard type orders. There is no release date at this time for the carbon barrels. Thank you for your business!"

Here's an update from Outlier. I also inquired about the carbon barrel I seen on their facebook page.

"We have been blessed with a bunch of orders due to the sale. We estimate your order to be shipped in approximately 1-2 weeks. We have taken the carbon fiber barrels out of production for the time being, to concentrate on more standard type orders. There is no release date at this time for the carbon barrels. Thank you for your business!"
Nice, my order was placed on the 27th so should be arriving soon

I ordered 5/29, didn’t see the option on their site for the scope I wanted so ordered a different. Of course 2 hours later the one I wanted popped up. Emailed them asking to swap scopes, 5/30 they sent me an invoice for the price difference which I paid. Scope shipped out 6/2 and delivered 6/5.

I ordered the EPL4 6-24 and a 24” fluted 6.5cm. Hopefully the barrel shows up soon, doubt it makes the match in a couple weeks but never know.

lol, Why yes it is. oh and yes it's 16"

So I'm cut from a different cloth and do dumb shit lol. This barrel is to serve dual purposes. I bought a Pork Sword chassis so it'll be used as a "specialty pistol" barrel and once I SBR the action (still waiting on it) I may even lob off another inch or two and use it as a lightweight hunting rig using 200-215 bergers.

I don't necessarily need to run it full tilt as I can handload it from .308-full power loads. but having the 1:8 twist and larger case will afford me the ability to run heavies to make up for it's short stature.

I'm going to shoot it first and if it's not a POS it'll get tossed into the lathe and get put on a diet!

I also have the 7-08 coming(also 16" 1:8). Depending on what velocities I get with it I may end up getting rid of one or the other.

So I'm cut from a different cloth and do dumb shit lol. This barrel is to serve dual purposes. I bought a Pork Sword chassis so it'll be used as a "specialty pistol" barrel and once I SBR the action (still waiting on it) I may even lob off another inch or two and use it as a lightweight hunting rig using 200-215 bergers.

I don't necessarily need to run it full tilt as I can handload it from .308-full power loads. but having the 1:8 twist and larger case will afford me the ability to run heavies to make up for it's short stature.

I'm going to shoot it first and if it's not a POS it'll get tossed into the lathe and get put on a diet!

I also have the 7-08 coming(also 16" 1:8). Depending on what velocities I get with it I may end up getting rid of one or the other.

Just got an email they are doing another discount.

Might get in on a barrel

Reactions: squirrel_slayer
I ordered a 22 inch 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and an Arken sh4 4-16. Threw in the current discount code and ended up
Paying $359 for barrel and scope. We will see if either is worth a shit once I get my action. The scope is going on one of my 20 inch AR-15.

I almost got one of these because of the deal. But with the lack of any kind of accuracy reports, i went and ordered a carbonsix instead

Have a fluted 308 Outlier barrel and chassis on a Savage Axis we've been kinda testing. Got a bit of a problem presently with the bolt/action not camping back to start extraction and why we haven't been shooting it lately.

They wanted to see how the 308 shot right from the git-go with no breaking in or load development. A buddy put it together at his house, told me where the lands were and I loaded up rounds for it.

We met at Briar Rabbit range here in Ohio for testing. 43.5 gr of Varget with Lapua Palma brass, CCI 450 primers and 185 Juggernauts.

Took two shots after bore sighting to get a close zero. Next shots were for group to see what it'd do. Some will say it's not the best way to test a new gun but we wanted to see how different shooters did with it.

First 3 shots shot by a past ELR World Record holder, second group by the Open class range record holder at Rayners, third by a very good local shooter and the last group by my Son who holds the 223/308 range record at Rayners. All good shooters.

Seated .003 deeper and is very consistent a cloverleaf gun now. No complaints at all on accuracy. I did make a tight fitting insert for the chassis to stiffen it a bit which really helped.

Will find the target and post pictures from that initial firing. Performed very well for a budget setup. It also had n Arken EP-5 which made it a complete Arken except for the action.

I installed my barrel, first shot blew primer off, apparently this barrel has a very tight bore. Currently loaded a ladder starting low at 37gr 39.2 was apparently the best 39.5 started to show pressure signs.
Here is what I got.
26" tikka prefit outlier
142 smk's, 39.2 gr of IMR 4350@2810fps
barrel shoots good, cloverleafs at 100 imho good bang for the buck.
I wish it wasnt as tight bore as it is.

Wonder if the Nitride coating has something to do with it? Mine also shoots great, should last quite a few seasons at Rayners 223/308 1000 yard matches. Agree with lots of bang for the buck forever.

Topstrap

Reactions: squirrel_slayer
Wonder if the Nitride coating has something to do with it? Mine also shoots great, should last quite a few seasons at Rayners 223/308 1000 yard matches. Agree with lots of bang for the buck forever.

Topstrap
Never thought about the nitride coating but that could be it.

Slayer, have you received your 7-08 barrel yet? I ordered the same about a month ago and haven’t heard from them.

I haven't gotten my 24" fluted 6.5CM yet. I emailed the Friday before 4th of July and got a very quick response that it would be hopefully shipping fairly soon after the holidays.