• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

New video is up comparing my Hydrogen-S 6.5mm with my Hydrogen-S 7.62mm on my 22" .260 Rem.

It has an Arken scope on it, so why not shamelessly plug it? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ šŸ˜‚

I really wish you could slide the bolt back with you thumb and catch the brass one handed instead of reaching over the rifle, donā€™t know why itā€™s bothering me.

Sorry Iā€™m not cool like the TikTok queersā€¦
Iā€™ve never been on tiktok. Also wasnā€™t aware staying on the rifle between shots made you a ā€œqueerā€ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™ve never been on tiktok. Also wasnā€™t aware staying on the rifle between shots made you a ā€œqueerā€ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Iā€™m just saying, if it bothers you, you donā€™t have to watch. Itā€™s a free country. šŸ¤·šŸ¼

As for staying on the rifle, the front isnā€™t loaded with a bipod, and when the rear is siding and covered by the sandbag, I canā€™t really get a grip on the hook to hold it in place against my shoulder, so itā€™s kind of hard to do. Best way from that setup is to reach over and grab the top of the stock to hold it in place. But Iā€™ll try to catch the brass one handed to look cool.

Reactions: Ronws
Iā€™m just saying, if it bothers you, you donā€™t have to watch. Itā€™s a free country. šŸ¤·šŸ¼

As for staying on the rifle, the front isnā€™t loaded with a bipod, and when the rear is siding and covered by the sandbag, I canā€™t really get a grip on the hook to hold it in place against my shoulder, so itā€™s kind of hard to do. Best way from that setup is to reach over and grab the top of the stock to hold it in place. But Iā€™ll try to catch the brass one handed to look cool.
Yes ā€œto look coolā€

Anyone using an offset or top mounted RDS with this chonker? I donā€™t want to get something thatā€™s blocked by the behemoth turrets.

This isnā€™t Arken related, but these are my newest toys Iā€™m playing with. The 6 ARC is brand new, and I havenā€™t shot it yetā€¦But plan to start break-in tomorrow. The .308 has already put down a 0.161ā€ 3-shot group. And yes, those are matching new Kahles K624i CCW RSW SKMR4 scopes.

177EC0DF-EBC7-4867-8937-75D4B5D8FBA5.jpeg

I have learned that the 6 ARC is also a great rifle for just about everything up to whitetail deer, at least from the experience of one other person. Kyle at the "Social Regressive." He built one specifically to be kind of a semi-auto truck gun that would get all varmints and deer.

I have learned that the 6 ARC is also a great rifle for just about everything up to whitetail deer, at least from the experience of one other person. Kyle at the "Social Regressive." He built one specifically to be kind of a semi-auto truck gun that would get all varmints and deer.
Well, I normally hate 6mmā€™s because most are very overbore, to a point where a .257 or 6.5mm would be the much better option... Examples being the .243 Win/6mm Rem vs. .25 CM/.257 Bob vs. 6.5 Cm/.260 Rem.

That said, Iā€™ve been heavily invested in 6.5 Grendel for like 15 years now in the AR world, and always said it would really shine in a bolt gun. Well, my past experiences with Howa, and recently with the Ruger American Ranch have not been so positive, so I was a bit depressed that nobody has been producing good high-quality 6.5 Grendel bolt guns. I would love to see a Christensen Arms Scout or MPR in 6.5 Grendel. And since the 6.5 Grendel and 6 ARC share the same parent case (bolt face) and the same MDT magazines, it would be SUPER easy for Christensen to make a 16" 8-twist 6.5 Grendel rifle. Plus, if I don't like this 6mm ARC, I can always rebarrel it to a 6.5 Grendel with a simple barrel swap, since everything else is the same.

Well, along comes the 6 ARC, and at first I thought it was the dumbest thing ever, because it's basically just a 6.5 Grendel necked-down to 6mm, and there weren't really anything but varmint bullets out there for 6mm (to my knowledge, as I had not really researched them)... Aaaaaaaand, then I found out that the standard twist for the 6 ARC was a 7.5" twist, and that several companies are now making 103-115gr. 6mm bullets. So, I decided I couldn't really pass up the opportunity to grab one, since my local store had it in stock. No recoil, and amazing ballistics, with lots of very heavy-for-caliber high-BC bullet options now, and still retaining good velocities, and I can reform 6.5G brass in a pinch, if I need to... It would be a great coyote and varmint rifle. So I decided to pull the trigger on it to match the MPR .308 Win.

I was a huge 6mm ARC hater from the very beginning... It's what pissed off Jeff Broz and got me banned from LRO. But I'll admit when I'm wrong. That said, I still maintain my position that the 6.5 PRC is a useless barrel-burner (unless you plan to ONLY shoot 150-160gr. bullets)... In which case, you might as well buy/build a 7 PRC that shoots 140-200 grain bullets, and get something worth owning. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: Ronws and YotaEer
Not completely Arken related, but it does have my new EPL4 in itā€¦

Hereā€™s a couple from the range last weekendā€¦

L-to-R:

16ā€ MPR .308 Win w/ K624i SKMR4
16ā€ MPR 6 ARC w/ K624i SKMR4
20ā€ Ridgeline FFT 7mm-08 w/ K318i SKMR3
Ranger 22 .22LR w/ Arken EPL4 6-24x50 VHR MIL

IMG_7650.jpeg
IMG_7647.jpeg
IMG_7649.jpeg

Decided to take the old 2002 Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW out to the range with me today... It's currently wearing one of my Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50's on it. I had a few loads loaded up from many years ago (last time I really shot it, or did any load development for it), and decided to go ahead and spend the brass the fun way, so I could clean them up, and do some more load development with it... Well... I think my development is done. šŸ˜‚ I was also shooting through my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-L 7.62 can.

This was one of the groups... Ignore the random shot from someone shooting my damn target before I could go take a picture of the group, so I blacked it out. Some folks have no courtesy.

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-29 17:42:02.005501.jpeg

Well, I normally hate 6mmā€™s because most are very overbore, to a point where a .257 or 6.5mm would be the much better option... Examples being the .243 Win/6mm Rem vs. .25 CM/.257 Bob vs. 6.5 Cm/.260 Rem.

That said, Iā€™ve been heavily invested in 6.5 Grendel for like 15 years now in the AR world, and always said it would really shine in a bolt gun. Well, my past experiences with Howa, and recently with the Ruger American Ranch have not been so positive, so I was a bit depressed that nobody has been producing good high-quality 6.5 Grendel bolt guns. I would love to see a Christensen Arms Scout or MPR in 6.5 Grendel. And since the 6.5 Grendel and 6 ARC share the same parent case (bolt face) and the same MDT magazines, it would be SUPER easy for Christensen to make a 16" 8-twist 6.5 Grendel rifle. Plus, if I don't like this 6mm ARC, I can always rebarrel it to a 6.5 Grendel with a simple barrel swap, since everything else is the same.

Well, along comes the 6 ARC, and at first I thought it was the dumbest thing ever, because it's basically just a 6.5 Grendel necked-down to 6mm, and there weren't really anything but varmint bullets out there for 6mm (to my knowledge, as I had not really researched them)... Aaaaaaaand, then I found out that the standard twist for the 6 ARC was a 7.5" twist, and that several companies are now making 103-115gr. 6mm bullets. So, I decided I couldn't really pass up the opportunity to grab one, since my local store had it in stock. No recoil, and amazing ballistics, with lots of very heavy-for-caliber high-BC bullet options now, and still retaining good velocities, and I can reform 6.5G brass in a pinch, if I need to... It would be a great coyote and varmint rifle. So I decided to pull the trigger on it to match the MPR .308 Win.

I was a huge 6mm ARC hater from the very beginning... It's what pissed off Jeff Broz and got me banned from LRO. But I'll admit when I'm wrong. That said, I still maintain my position that the 6.5 PRC is a useless barrel-burner (unless you plan to ONLY shoot 150-160gr. bullets)... In which case, you might as well buy/build a 7 PRC that shoots 140-200 grain bullets, and get something worth owning. Just my $0.02.
Excellent points and there is a lot to be said for 6.5 G.

I got a 7 mm PRC and I really enjoy it. Even though others who already have a 7 RM would point out that this round is not needed, Just Hornady drumming up business by making the intermediate round between 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC. I beg to differ.

I have a handful of .308 rifles that would suffice as short and quick. My AR-10 is quite accurate, at least for me.

I used to watch a YT channel called "chuckin". He would use various cartridges for woodchuck hunting (varmint control for the farmers in his area.) But he got the most mileage out of his .22-250. Small, very accurate and you could see the trace. Dial elevation and hold for wind.

So, possibly similar to how you came to 6 ARC, I think others might come around to 7 PRC. Why? You just got to have one. Every rifle is the only rifle you will need. Until the next one comes along.

Reactions: FuhQ
Excellent points and there is a lot to be said for 6.5 G.

I got a 7 mm PRC and I really enjoy it. Even though others who already have a 7 RM would point out that this round is not needed, Just Hornady drumming up business by making the intermediate round between 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC. I beg to differ.

I have a handful of .308 rifles that would suffice as short and quick. My AR-10 is quite accurate, at least for me.

I used to watch a YT channel called "chuckin". He would use various cartridges for woodchuck hunting (varmint control for the farmers in his area.) But he got the most mileage out of his .22-250. Small, very accurate and you could see the trace. Dial elevation and hold for wind.

So, possibly similar to how you came to 6 ARC, I think others might come around to 7 PRC. Why? You just got to have one. Every rifle is the only rifle you will need. Until the next one comes along.
I've been shooting 7mm RemMag for 22 years now. It's been a staple for deer hunting for me. When the 6.5 PRC came out, I said... "What a waste of a damn barrel... They should have made it a 7mm..." Then the .300 PRC comes out, and every redneck retard in the woods wants one for whitetail deer hunting, because those 250 yard shots are so difficult with those armor-plated deer... šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ Then, the 7mm PRC came out...And after researching it, I came to the conclusion that it's basically a modernized equivalent to the 7mm RemMag/7mm Wby Mag. So, once i figured that out, I decided I need one. Just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Whenever one of my 7mm RM's needs a new tube, it will probably get converted to 7 PRC.

My gunsmith built one for himself earlier this year with a 24" Proof barrel, and he couldn't find any brass, so he had to buy factory ammo to get the brass (exactly what I had to do with 6 ARC when I first got it). He bought a few boxes of factory Hornady Precision Hunter, and showed me targets with the factory ammo... It was shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with factory ammo. I was pretty impressed.

I've been shooting 7mm RemMag for 22 years now. It's been a staple for deer hunting for me. When the 6.5 PRC came out, I said... "What a waste of a damn barrel... They should have made it a 7mm..." Then the .300 PRC comes out, and every redneck retard in the woods wants one for whitetail deer hunting, because those 250 yard shots are so difficult with those armor-plated deer... šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ Then, the 7mm PRC came out...And after researching it, I came to the conclusion that it's basically a modernized equivalent to the 7mm RemMag/7mm Wby Mag. So, once i figured that out, I decided I need one. Just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Whenever one of my 7mm RM's needs a new tube, it will probably get converted to 7 PRC.

My gunsmith built one for himself earlier this year with a 24" Proof barrel, and he couldn't find any brass, so he had to buy factory ammo to get the brass (exactly what I had to do with 6 ARC when I first got it). He bought a few boxes of factory Hornady Precision Hunter, and showed me targets with the factory ammo... It was shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with factory ammo. I was pretty impressed.
Even on Hornady's site, it says you can rebarrel a .300 WM if you already like that action.

Mine uses a mag for .300 WM.

All my other rifles are .308 W except for the lone 5.56 x 45 mm NATO. And my shotgun is a Mossberg 590A1 SPX (with bayonet.) A close range hole maker. In fact, the only reason I have not gotten a muzzleloader is because my 12 ga slugs will do just as well at close hunting distances. My friend, John (RIP,) harvested many an old doe on his aunt's property with his muzzleloader. I would watch him smelt his own .50 cal lead balls.

I know plenty of people who have .300 WM and do well with it. A colleague of mine went to an outfitter in south Texas and got an Aoudad Sheep with his .300 WM at about 250 yards. It is among the nice trophies in his office.

6.5 CM sounded cool but I want a rifle I can hunt with, especially at unknown distances or places I don't have the DOPE worked out.

The performance specs and the SAAMI specs on the 7 PRC were so impressive. And I am also getting great results with it, too. I can hunt any game I want (I have even seen someone hunt feral hog with it.) And I could also stretch out to long range target shooting. In fact, any rifle to 300 yards would do fine on a lot of stuff and 7 PRC really shines past 500 yards.

This is my first long action magnum round. If I already had a 7 RM, I might have been hesitant to get it. But I would suggest to others, such as myself, if you want a standard long action magnum round that is both great on targets and game, try the 7 PRC. And ammo is starting to become more available from different sources. Similar to how it was with 6.5 PRC and .300 PRC.

The other advantage to the 7 PRC is the recoil is milder than the .300 PRC or even a .300 WM. To me, it feels like a .308 with ambition. Technically, more recoil impulse than a .308 but just not enough to punish you. Of course, I use a decent pad.

YMMV and yes, from my experience, I have become a 7 PRC fan boy and use the Precision Hunter 175 gr ELD-X at a MV of 3,000 fps.

Well, instead of bitching on here, first Iā€™d contact Arkenā€¦
No, i am not bitching here, i understood thread was to share experiences with the brand. Unfortunately, i am not from USA, that means i had to complain to my reseller, and he confirmed me that all the sets he had in stock were with the same problem. He told me he contacted ARKEN, but didn't bring me any solution except a refund. I know that for you, americans, to get rifles or parts, it is easy. In my country, such mistakes bring you to a colossal waist of time... your deception is..."slightly" increased. (i think you can understand :)
I just wonder how it is possible to make such machining error ?! No control ?, normal that you find, after all, those deficient rings on the market ?... no one noticed anything at ARKEN ?...they didn't try the rings before ? quality service ?
Don't misunderstand me, i already filled in other authorization papers, and i will receive other rings after approval in 6 months.

Reactions: Mongoose67
No, i am not bitching here, i understood thread was to share experiences with the brand. Unfortunately, i am not from USA, that means i had to complain to my reseller, and he confirmed me that all the sets he had in stock were with the same problem. He told me he contacted ARKEN, but didn't bring me any solution except a refund. I know that for you, americans, to get rifles or parts, it is easy. In my country, such mistakes bring you to a colossal waist of time... your deception is..."slightly" increased. (i think you can understand :)
I just wonder how it is possible to make such machining error ?! No control ?, normal that you find, after all, those deficient rings on the market ?... no one noticed anything at ARKEN ?...they didn't try the rings before ? quality service ?
Don't misunderstand me, i already filled in other authorization papers, and i will receive other rings after approval in 6 months.
Well, thatā€™s a very tough situation. I would try contacting them directly through email. Explain the situation, and that the entire batch appears to be machined wrong. Then I would get a refund, and buy some better rings, like American Rifle Company M-Brace rings or Seekins Precision rings.

Well, thatā€™s a very tough situation. I would try contacting them directly through email. Explain the situation, and that the entire batch appears to be machined wrong. Then I would get a refund, and buy some better rings, like American Rifle Company M-Brace rings or Seekins Precision rings.
I already asked authorization for BADGER ORDNANCE USMC ones (i have a M40A5 clone)
I will contact directly ARKEN and will share what they reply to me.

This is why I moved away from Arken until they get QC better. They are the bear creek arsenal of scopes and scope accessories, you might get a good one the first try, more than likely your going to have to send it back once or twice to finally get a good one. Plus the little exaggeration they like to do, saying something is 4-6 weeks out and in reality itā€™s 6 months out, then when you get it, most likely you have to send it back because itā€™s defective. The whole thing is aggravating when thereā€™s gear available in stock ready to ship from other companies.

This is why I moved away from Arken until they get QC better. They are the bear creek arsenal of scopes and scope accessories, you might get a good one the first try, more than likely your going to have to send it back once or twice to finally get a good one. Plus the little exaggeration they like to do, saying something is 4-6 weeks out and in reality itā€™s 6 months out, then when you get it, most likely you have to send it back because itā€™s defective. The whole thing is aggravating when thereā€™s gear available in stock ready to ship from other companies.
Yup. Learned my lesson. Theyā€™re not junk by any means, but they certainly are budget optics no matter which way you slice it. They might be nice budget scopes, but still budget scopes nonetheless. Thatā€™s why I moved away, too.

Yup. Learned my lesson. Theyā€™re not junk by any means, but they certainly are budget optics no matter which way you slice it. They might be nice budget scopes, but still budget scopes nonetheless. Thatā€™s why I moved away, too.
Hello FuhQ, i contacted ARKEN, they asked me my address for replacement directly from ARKEN, i saw you use LOW ARKEN rings, can you tell me if the bottom inert gas knok is in contact with the scope rail ? i have a 20 MOA nightforce rail.
I still hesitate to ask LOW or MEDIUM rings. I want to avoid to file the rail as much as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Hello FuhQ, i contacted ARKEN, they asked me my address for replacement directly from ARKEN, i saw you use LOW ARKEN rings, can you tell me if the bottom inert gas knok is in contact with the scope rail ? i have a 20 MOA nightforce rail.
I still hesitate to ask LOW or MEDIUM rings. I want to avoid to file the rail as much as possible.
Thank you in advance.
I definitely wouldn't be filing a rail to mount a set of rings..... get a set that fit properly

Reactions: Bcamos and FuhQ
Medium are fine. I would think the low might cause contact your rail on the nitrogen port.
Strange to sell rings that don't fit rails, could work if they were 0"93.
I had some, but as there was a machining error, to check elevation was OK, but i had too much lateral play to see if the knob could be in contact with the rail.
So, cards and coins help for elevation, not for lateral position.

Thank you in advance.
None of mine contacted the rails. They were pretty close, but no contact.

Don't knock the 80's one of the last great generations.
If you can remember the 80s, you weren't there. Actually, I do remember them and abusing a few substances now and then. Drink, smoke.

Did anyone see where they just dropped an email announcing a NV scope that uses the Sony Starvis II image sensor (dash cams)? It's supposedly 1080P with a 60hz refresh rate. It's not thermal, but NV. It's only like $650.

I wonder if it's worth a fuck... If it works alright, might be a cheap alternative to keep on my 16" .300 BLK for a mess-around/backup coyote rifle. Because my main coyote rig is my Christensen MPR 16" 6mm ARC, and it deserves a much nicer scope than that. Probably going with a Triji REAP-IR 60mm for it. Maybe an AGM Rattler TS50-640, if I want to save some coin.

But, for $650, this has me curious if it's even worth a shit.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 1.50.52ā€ÆPM.png

Reactions: Bluedog82
Did anyone see where they just dropped an email announcing a NV scope that uses the Sony Starvis II image sensor (dash cams)? It's supposedly 1080P with a 60hz refresh rate. It's not thermal, but NV. It's only like $650.

I wonder if it's worth a fuck... If it works alright, might be a cheap alternative to keep on my 16" .300 BLK for a mess-around/backup coyote rifle. Because my main coyote rig is my Christensen MPR 16" 6mm ARC, and it deserves a much nicer scope than that. Probably going with a Triji REAP-IR 60mm for it. Maybe an AGM Rattler TS50-640, if I want to save some coin.

But, for $650, this has me curious if it's even worth a shit.

View attachment 8280928
I saw it, too. Thing is, full disclosure, I don't know enough to even be stupid. Which is better? Thermal or NV?

I saw it, too. Thing is, full disclosure, I don't know enough to even be stupid. Which is better? Thermal or NV?
Thermal is always better. I just found this interesting for $650. It could be a complete dumpster fire, and knowing Arken, the first batch probably will be plagued with issues (both of my first-batch purchases were), but if itā€™s legit, would be a nice cheap option to keep in youā€™re home defense gunā€¦

Thermal is always better. I just found this interesting for $650. It could be a complete dumpster fire, and knowing Arken, the first batch probably will be plagued with issues (both of my first-batch purchases were), but if itā€™s legit, would be a nice cheap option to keep in youā€™re home defense gunā€¦
tagged for reviews

I personally feel that thermal is better because it becomes so visible and, from what I see, a bunch of dead hogs because you can see the heat sig so easily.

However, I thought, NV might have advantages. But, perhaps, only at closer distances.

Again, I don't know enough so I was not afraid to ask. I would rather ask a question and look ignorant than to not ask and be ignorant.

Thankfully, ignorance is a curable condition.

Reactions: r.tenorio671