• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite .308 buffer tube confusion

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Im trying to switch out my A2 buffer to a carbine length buffer on my Armalite .308. I am trying to throw on my PRS lite stock from another build. Before i order these parts i wanted to make sure im ordering the right things. Id like to change the A2 buffer, and A2 buffer spring to a carbine length buffer and the JP SCS. These are the parts im planning on ordering. Should these work?

Thanks in advance.

Im trying to switch out my A2 buffer to a carbine length buffer on my Armalite .308. I am trying to throw on my PRS lite stock from another build. Before i order these parts i wanted to make sure im ordering the right things. Id like to change the A2 buffer, and A2 buffer spring to a carbine length buffer and the JP SCS. These are the parts im planning on ordering. Should these work?

Thanks in advance.
    Yeah your good to go, the AR15 and AR10 are actually the same overall length. If you're Mil or first responder you'll get a better deal if you go direct.

On a side note those new JP Mil spec tubes are awesome, smooth as glass.

Last edited:
    Yeah your good to go, the AR15 and AR10 are actually the same overall length. If you're Mil or first responder you'll get a better deal if you go direct.

Thanks for the response. Yea I agree, I have a jp professional and it’s unbelievably smooth.That’s why I wanted to upgrade the armalite. Going from that smooth scs to the gritty “spring” feeling in the armalite I have to change it. I’m spoiled now….

Reactions: bigjake83

So, I just wanna make sure Im.good to go as ill prolly wanna do the same. I just wanna make sure we are talkin about the same Armalite
    I just ordered the Armalite 3 Gun 13.5" (pin & weleded brake so, 16" oal) 7.62x51
    I imagine myself and the O.P. have the same gen/style Armalite (10A?)
    Thanks

kind of off your path here but in my ar10’s i have been using the vltor a5 tubes and various weight ar15 buffers depending on gas port sizes and 308 springs. the length works out. no issues.

Last edited:
    Reactions: paulL01