• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARMALITE TACTICAL 2 STAGE TRIGGER

sticshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
evansville,in u.s.a
has anyone shot the armalite "tactical 2 stage"trigger?is there any difference thean a regular NM 2 stage from say bushmaster or rockriver?i like some of rockriver's stuff,but their mil spec trigger that comes with their lower parts kit is hideuos,got to replace it.

Re: ARMALITE TACTICAL 2 STAGE TRIGGER

I have. I would get a RRA 2 stage trigger. There is plenty of info on this on the board. I have it in my ar10t. A lot of people have it in theres but there is other brands that are more expensive that is also well liked. For the money it is very hard to beat. Armalite 2 stage cost more and is not smooth nor as nice of a trigger then the RRA 2 stage.

RRA is better and lighter in pull weight. I would stay away from the Armalite trigger, Ive installed 3 for friends and was never impressed.

I have owned one and use another Armalite 2-stage Tactical Trigger and I was not impressed. A buddy of mine is still running his, but plans to replace it. I ditched mine for a Geissele a while back.

If you don't want to shell out the money for a Geissele, then the RRA 2-stage trigger is an excellent alternative that can be had for <$100. A guy here on the forum was selling some not long ago for around $90 shipped IIRC. Check the "Optics and Accessories For Sale" forum here or the ARFCOM EE and you should be able to come up with a new one for a good deal.

The RRA 2-stage is a good low cost option for a .223. Don't use it on a .308.

I have the Armalite Two Stage Tactical on my AR10. It's an acceptable trigger but it doesn't really shine in any regard. I was getting a strange "click" between the first and second stage now and then, but it seems to have gone away.

I love the RRA 2snm triggers. But as of today I just picked up my Armalite AR10 and it has the 2stage Tactical in it and its not that bad that I have to run out and get a new trigger but I will some day. At least its a 2 stage I hate single stages triggers on ARs.

Ditto on the RRA being a better feeling trigger, but be warned...there are many complaints on many forums of the RRA triggers wearing out and becoming single stage triggers. Breaking hammers has also been reported more than once.

Don't expect the Armalite two stage tactical to perform or feel like a match tigger. It's not, nor is it intended to be but one thing you can be sure of... it won't wear out or break in any of our lifetimes.
I wasn't impressed with the Armalite two stage Nat'l Match trigger either, so I've got RR's on both of my AR10's...one tuned very nicely to 4# and is actually a very decent feeling trigger. I just don't expect it to last long, but for the price, you can't beat it.