• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Armstrong Dual Range sight sight information

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
I have a nice receiver sight that looks like the usual Redding, Lyman, or Parker Hale sight or perhaps the 1920s or 30s. They're uncommon but not unheard of. I've seen them pop up on eBay every now and then. It has a neat trick where you flip a small lever and it changes the range by a predetermined amount. It's very well made but the only marking on it is "Armstrong". I have been unable to find out any information about the company that made this sight. It might be English it might be U.S.-made.
If anyone has some information on these sights or this company I would be very happy to hear about it.

download.jpg

Reactions: ZG47A
The sight on the far right is the one I have. You can see the oblong lever coming off the top. If you flip that it changes the height a set amount.

Here's another view on a Mauser rifle

Attachments

• FN-Supreme-30-06-unaltered-With-Armstrong-receiver-sight_101030615_1124_FBE9013AFAE7EA6A.jpeg
    FN-Supreme-30-06-unaltered-With-Armstrong-receiver-sight_101030615_1124_FBE9013AFAE7EA6A.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: ZG47A