• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Army to sell ACOGS???

jvm

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2008
new mexico socorro
At a recent fun show one dealer said he had heard the army was putting up acogs that had the scripture verses ground off for sale.

Any body heard anything on this???

Re: Army to sell ACOGS???

I don't know about that, but I heard the Army were getting rid of their inventory of Saddles and Stirrups. I heard the Cav no longer will be needing them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't kknow about this, I just saw a contract come accross BizzOps for like 100,000 of them.
John III </div></div>

I think what the OP is saying is the Army is going to be politically correct and not use scopes with bible versus on them anymore.

Religion belongs in YOUR heart and mind, not in MY face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spud47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scripture verse?</div></div> Their are several different verses, all referencing Jesus, God being The Light, etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-militar...tory?id=9575794

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military. Tom Munson, director of sales and marketing for Trijicon, which is based in Wixom, Michigan, said the inscriptions "have always been there" and said there was nothing wrong or illegal with adding them. Munson said the issue was being raised by a group that is "not Christian." The company has said the practice began under its founder, Glyn Bindon, a devout Christian from South Africa who was killed in a 2003 plane crash.

I bought mine after learning about the imprinted verse references. It's nothing more than a tiny inscription that's highly abbreviated; and nobody noticed until it was on the news. In a politically correct country where everyone is welcomed to express their strong beliefs, as long as it's not Christian - I stood by this company. Too bad they lamented to the critics. Understandable given the large government contracts they survive on.

I'd buy one, in about 40 years they should be worth a mint.

EVERY passage referenced also refers to "The Light", and since EVERY scope can be used in LOW light conditions it makes sense.

I think the entire thing was blown out of proportion myself - Religion would not BE in your face since you didn't even know it was there in the first place until someone researched it. I didn't know MINE had it either until this came out.

But if any of you offended types want to sell yours, I'll take it.

I'd buy one just for the inscription. I kind of like it. I'm not ashamed to proclaim my faith.

Along with Freedom of Speech, comes with Freedom not to Listen.

I buy one if they didn't remove the increption.
Christain & Proud of it!

Spud47

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one just for the inscription. I kind of like it. I'm not ashamed to proclaim my faith.

Along with Freedom of Speech, comes with Freedom not to Listen.</div></div>

And don't forget the freedom to Shut the Fuck Up.

I am not going to get bent out of shape over chaplains being forced to be trained in the basics of the muslim faith for our modern armed forces and LE, you dont mess with my willingness to buy/use gear with bible verses on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one just for the inscription. I kind of like it. I'm not ashamed to proclaim my faith.

Along with Freedom of Speech, comes with Freedom not to Listen. </div></div>

+1

When men's <span style="text-decoration: underline">deeds</span> - how they treat their neighbors and brothers, and how they conduct their businesses, and what they report to their insurance providers when their water heater breaks - match the words they regurgitate, then religion will no longer be the cause for most of the troubles in the world, or the tool of tyrants and thieves.

Along with Freedom of Speech, comes with Freedom not to Listen. </div></div>

+1

I think this calls for a group buy!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quick Karl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When men's <span style="text-decoration: underline">deeds</span> - how they treat their neighbors and brothers, and how they conduct their businesses, and what they report to their insurance providers when their water heater breaks - match the words they regurgitate, then religion will no longer be the cause for most of the troubles in the world, or the tool of tyrants and thieves.
</div></div>

I've always said that its too bad christianity is a religion of promotion rather than attraction.
If you are walking the talk with good results there's be no need to yap at me about your beliefs-I'd probably ask.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Mat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this calls for a group buy!
smile.gif
</div></div>
Def! Maybe we can get the scriptures put back on through a 3rd party!
(play our cards right and Sarah Palin might back us with political support)

Whats gonna happen next, are they gonna sue IN-N-OUT over scriptures written on the bottom of their cups or the trees in the shape of a X (supposed to be a cross)?

Uh oh, hope I didnt let the cat out of the bag.

I just busted out my ACOG NSN1240-01 and it has this on the side: JN8:12 It's from the book of John; "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

I think it's an interesting bit of trivia, and I have no problem with ACOG putting this on the side of their products. If it were to offend me I would simply sell the scope and not buy another. I can't see the point of the Army getting it's panties all in a wad especially when ACOG makes such a good product. Hell, if someone had not pointed it out to me I would have never noticed the reference to the Bible passage.

hell i just got out of the army in feb and im trying to get back in. most of my brothers that served with me in my unit are deployed right now and im glad they have christ on every one of their acog's. bc being a 19d thats what you get, a m4 with an acog. i just checked my ta31rcom4 that i got a week ago from a fellow hide member and it has the JN8:12 on the side of it. and i tell you what, ill keep this for as long as i live. one, bc i am a christian and i love the fact that god is with me when i shoot. and two, all my brothers that are deployed defending all of us that are over here, they need god with them every moment they are over there.

I think the real issue here is that these optics are used in a combat zone in what can only be described as holy war (by our enemies). I would not want to be captured with my Jesus scope if my adversary knew about the verses on it, and thanks to the media...they do.

If someone wants to proclaim their faith out loud I have no issue with. Worship all you like. Proclaim it on my gear without my knowledge/consent and I'll freakin shoot you with it.

Dear atheists,

Are you filled with uncontrollable rage and driven mad by the fact that Christianity has touched your ACOG optic? Fear no more, as I will accept this burden and will gladly take all unwanted ACOGs and properly dispose of them, so you don't have to.

Or perhaps you should just STFU and STFD you whiny little bitches.

Signed,

The rest of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear atheists,

Are you filled with uncontrollable rage and driven mad by the fact that Christianity has touched your ACOG optic? Fear no more, as I will accept this burden and will gladly take all unwanted ACOGs and properly dispose of them, so you don't have to.

Or perhaps you should just STFU and STFD you whiny little bitches.

Signed,

The rest of us. </div></div>

That's the attitude jihadists have, and we don't like them because of it. You assume a lot with the word athiest...I have a son in Iraq dumbass and maybe my motivations are different. Get a clue.

I'm not even religious but I'd buy one if the price was right.
I think all religions are a crutch for humanity but many of them do a lot of good in the world and some do absolute horrible things in the name of their "god"