• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

As Promised... Pics of my Vest..

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
As previously discussed about "TIMES CHANGING," I have loaded out my vest for SHTF or serious call outs.

I wanted a vest that held my soft armor and my plates combined while being as comfortable as possible...

I know that by adding what I wanted I would be carrying ALOT of weight.

What I wanted was an extended stay type vest... one that could sustain me for a while IF I ever had to go to it and one that was versatile in its load.

FIRST PIC: Front of the vest.

Its holds 6 (30)rnd mags (AR15), 2 spare mags for my Glock 22, Glock 22 holster and a Glock Knife (easily removed). Map and documents gadget pouch on front as well as 2 cuff holders or AICS 10rnd mag holders..

Theres med pack going on the left side behind the holster..

SECOND PIC: Back of the vest

Has a 3 liter Hydration... and a accessory pouch attached... nothing big going in there other than some wipes... bug spray...sun screen... granola bars....asprin....

Let me know what you guys think.... Its NOT the first time I have had vest setups.. but its the first of a molle setup....

I have worn it... it all seems to fit nice... weight is right at about 30-35 pounds... so... NOT too bad..

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

PC171389.jpg

PC171390.jpg

Re: As Promised... Pics of my Vest..

Very nice! I hope the 30-35 lbs is with loaded mags and full
hydration.

Johndoe,

It should be right at that or a TAD under with EVERYTHING filled up.. mags...gun...fluids and the med pack filled up....

And actually its very well padded... and not bad to wear at all.. I would NOT want to wear it for 2 days straight... but it WOULD be doable...

Matt.

I would suggest taking the Glock mag pouches off of the AR pouches, also i would take the AICS pouches and move them elsewhere. Also I'd ditch the Glock post hole digger and opt for a good folder in your pocket.

IMHO, lose the holster on the vest and use a drop leg (ride it as high as you can). Id also move the pistol mags over and off the rifle mag pouches. Theyll get caught up on shit, sticking out that far. Also the knife, lose that. Have you tried sitting with that rig on. It looks like the sheath is going to dig in your leg. If you want to keep the knife on your rig, try to find a way to mount it horizontally.

3 Glock and 3 AR mags / 1 Folder Knife in single mag carrier on the front of the carrier... ( for wounded arm reloads )

Two AR Mags to the right side of the carrier for speed reloads ( shoot AR left handed )

Occasionaly Two AR Mags on the Right side of the belt for speed reloads
Two Glock Mags on a belt on the left side for speed reloads ( Shoot Glock Right Handed )

On the posterior of the carrier is a hydro pouch and med kit...

Having all of that kit on the anterior of your carrier will make it supremely difficult to go prone.

Find a spot for a small pouch with Israeli Bandage and CAT Tournequet

I reckon you guys could add SHTF & Zombie Apoc Preparedness skills to your resume`

do you have room for the doughnuts ? that knife is so OTT.

Matt,

I would definitely shitcan the knife, holster, hydration and GP pouch on the back entirely from your rig. As an LEO it is pretty unlikely that you'll find yourself in a sustained gunfight either requiring that volume of ammo also.

It's more ammo than I carry on mission in the Middle East bro.

Stay light and stay fast! I would honestly drop it down to a plate-carrier with 2-3 AR mags at most and a tourniquet that is readily accessible with both hands on the front.

If you were wearing a PC, you can draw your pistol if necessary from your duty belt anyways.

The knife is crazy bro...scary, yes...but too much my man!

You want to be as light as possible so you are as mobile/fast as possible. Try to shave off as much weight while maintaining a realistic load-out as possible.

I suspect that if you take your current set-up to the range, you'll be doing a lot of tweaking and re-arranging.

In 7+ years in Iraq/Afghanistan...I think I've only used my Camelback 3 or 4 times...dump it.

You don't need a bug spray, granola bar carry case on the back...you need a TQ rubberbanded to the front of your vest.

6 M4 mags is a lot dude for an LEO...I know DA Assaulters that don't carry that on raids here.

You don't need tons of ammo for a PR, if you do....count on getting sued brother.

Thanks Guys for the suggestions and the pics..

I will be rearranging it today...lightening it up a bunch and giving it a run at the range to make sure its all workable.

Knife WAS replaced last night with a Gerber multi that fits in little AICS holder... seems more usable.

Matt.

Light body Armor with ID clearly visible on carrier
Extra AR mag
Extra pistol mag
Folding knife or very small sheath/utility knife
TQ
Pouch with flex-ties
No drop-leg: if you've ever seriously used one you'll know why they suck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DK, who makes that chest rig? </div></div> Diamondback Tactical FAPC

Their is no soft armor in there, but they do sell the panels or take a look at the Advanced Warrior PC they sell it with soft armor integrated or removable.

I have the Advanced Warrior and like it.

Graham,

I AGREE.... I have used my Safariland Drop Leg for years on other calls... training... etc... It was a PAIN IN THE ASS...

It always got in the way when going prone... and could not easily move with it on... I tried to get it as high as possible on my thigh... but it would ALWAYS get loose or move...

I will keep the holster on the vest setup.... but still move some other stuff around..

the AR mag holders on the front are the double... worse case I can just loose 3 of the mags.... that leaves me with 3... should still be plenty..

I have a small med pouch with supplies coming... tha will be attaached....

Matt.

I agree, move the pistol mags somewhere else, and dump the knife.

As for the pistol holster, someone made a suggestion about a safariland drop leg. Those are the best holster for tactical use.

However, having a holster on your vest is not a bad idea if you spend a lot of time in the vehicle seated. You can't really get to your drop leg when seated.

It all depends how you use the vest. Will you be on patrol then put the vest on if SHTF?.

The more you wear it and train with it, the more you'll move things around as you learn what you like and not like.

I changed mine around about half a dozen times as I learned and used different things. Mine was loaded for PMC operations though.

HEre is my vest. I know missions are different but it might help with ideas. I'm the one in the black shirt

Our SOP was to carry 12 mags. Also, we don't have CAS and operate on our own all the time. So we had to carry a lot of shit. We had about another 1500-2000 rounds in the vehicles too. We would use that if fighting from the truck and our stuff if we had to leave the truck.

As a LEO I would carry about 4 mags for rifle and 2 for pistol.

I have 12 mags
2 pistol mags on the top
Ambi holster for when I'm seated in the truck.
1 smoke pouch (front)
2 frags (side)
Blowout kit in the front so I can get to it with both hands.
Utility pouch on the side with some signal stuff, comms and gun oil.
2 D rigns (1 on the front, one in the back) help guys drag me if needed)
Radio pouch back left shoulder
Plate carrier had level IV stand alone plates.

Iraq_IMG_1168-1.jpg

R.

If your going to keep that crusader sword on your rig, id move it to the back. Get it as close to/halfway underneath the hydration pack as possible, with the handle facing down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If your going to keep that crusader sword on your rig, id move it to the back. Get it as close to/halfway underneath the hydration pack as possible, with the handle facing down. </div></div> WTF?!?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div> WTF?!?!?! </div></div>

I second that quote

(pssst...good place to aim, sticks out like a sore thumb)

wont be crusading for very long.

same goes for the gent's to the left crusader patch and the red, white, and blue.

smells blackwaterish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm the one in the black shirt
R.</div></div>

would that be the black shirt in the middle or the black shirt on the left?

I have two different setups.

This goes out when deploying as a sniper/spotter. All the junk up front is distributed evenly to make prone comfortable. Its all Diamond Back Tactical. I have a plate carrier just like DK posted as well.

IMG_7615.sized.jpg

IMG_7616.sized.jpg

This is our entry vest. Sucks and makes me feel claustrophobic
when I am buttoned in it for extended periods of time, especially in a raid vehicle. Weighs in around 30 lbs without H20.

IMG_7613.sized.jpg

IMG_7614.sized.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm the one in the black shirt
R.</div></div>

would that be the black shirt in the middle or the black shirt on the left? [/quote]

LOL!!! Sorry black shirt left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two different setups.

This goes out when deploying as a sniper/spotter. All the junk up front is distributed evenly to make prone comfortable. Its all Diamond Back Tactical. I have a plate carrier just like DK posted as well.

IMG_7615.sized.jpg

IMG_7616.sized.jpg

This is our entry vest. Sucks and makes me feel claustrophobic
when I am buttoned in it for extended periods of time, especially in a raid vehicle. Weighs in around 30 lbs without H20.

IMG_7613.sized.jpg

IMG_7614.sized.jpg
</div></div>

I have that tan vest too. Mine has a quick detach system, so when you pull the handle the whole vest comes apart.
I found it too bulky and hot. So i still prefer the SOTECH plate carrier.

Looks good guys.... It all has helped me get mine setup.

I like the plate carrier idea.... but in my position I DONT wear sofft armor sooo I wanted something that was capable of holding my soft as well as plates...

In the end it just seemed easier this way...

I will try to update some pics later during the holidays...

Matt

Damn you guys carry more junk than I did when I was active infantry. Your departments might have different requirements, but I can tell you that if my team breaches a building and we need more than 1 30rd mag each, we're probably fucked! When's the last time you heard about a tactical team firing over 120 rifles rounds upon entry? Realistically, I need a magazine in my rifle to address the threat(s) and one for a tactical reload. An extra 1 or 2 just in case, but 6!? The Glock is only to fight my way OUT of the area in case of a primary failure. A '97 North Hollywood situation or sustained operation like Katrina is a different story but how many of us are ever going to have to experience that? And we'd modify our loud out ahead of time. I live and work in an area with 5 departments with anywhere from 800-3500 officers each, I guess I'm not worried about taking on a fully armed gang by myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm128</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good guys.... It all has helped me get mine setup.

I like the plate carrier idea.... but in my position I DONT wear sofft armor sooo I wanted something that was capable of holding my soft as well as plates...

In the end it just seemed easier this way...

I will try to update some pics later during the holidays...

Matt </div></div>

So this vest holds your soft armor as well as plates correct? I'm also looking for a carrier for my soft 3A concealable armor. What brand is it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A '97 North Hollywood situation or sustained operation like Katrina is a different story but how many of us are ever going to have to experience that?</div></div>

Bear in mind that North Hollywood went on for as long as it did precisely because the Officers arriving were NOT prepared for the threat.

If you prepare for a larger threat than you ever fathom then you may get to go home on that "once in a million" SHTF situation.

Now having said that, I run two different loadouts in my vehicle. I have my heavy Protec Trimax entry vest with soft armore, plates, bicep, neck and groin protection. I carry two M4 mags and two G21 mags as well as IFAK and GP pouch. I transfer my Benchmade 520 folder from my pocket to a sheath on the front of my Fastmag pouches. It's heavy armor but a light load. Wearing it for eight hours a day when training without the advantage of an adrenaline dump reminds you that light is better. I hardly notice it when the bang goes off and we roll through the door.

My second load is a simple plate carrier with four M4 magazines. It serves double duty. When I am on-duty it's my "active shooter" rig where I may have to throw it on over my patrol uniform and when I need to haul ass. I can run and fight in it much better than in the heavy armor. It has less protection, but in an active shooter speed is a requirement. I may be almost at a dead run for several hallways. It's also lightning fast to don when I am off-duty and have to respond to something. I have in the past had to grab it and throw it on over street clothes and grab the rifle. It's got large ID panels on it, so its a great thing to have in a tactical situation. The protection is not great when not wearing soft armor underneath, but it will still stop a rifle round. I may just have to dig some backface frag out of my skin when it's over.

R.E. fixed blade knives. I won't diss a guy for carrying one, but make sure it is to solve a problem you expect. I just found out that my wife ordered me a Handley Custom Carry. I wanted one for my duty belt for a long time because I have frequently used a folder for a pry bar when searching cars or popping locks on doors and windows when making entry. I don't like using a folder for those tasks because they have a clear failure point. It is also much easier to deploy a fixed blade to cut someone off of you if that level of force is reasonable. However it does create a new problem that you need to be aware of with weapon retention.

I don't run combat patrols in Iraq and I don't have to prep to be out for days. If we are on scene for more that four hours and it looks like it will go longer command is already working on water supply and relief.

As always, identify the threat and equip accordingly.

TIp2oo3,

You can get the carriers (molle) from a several different areas...

Condor Tactical
BlackHawk
Diamond Back Tactical

These are just a few..... there are several out there that are designed for both soft armor and holding the plates.

LONEWOLF,

I agree COMPLETELY.... This load vest of mine is a back of the vehicle, SHTF, no back up in sight vest setup....

I have my regular soft armor for duty use... but we all know that it does CRAP against a long gun..

I know that backup in my area will be arriving on a SHTF call.. but I still want to be able to be protected IF a long gun shooter arises..

Here... there is a good chance that it COULD happen... he have had several situations that have worked out fortunately in our favor....

But it is NOT unbelievable that a shooter would barricade in one of our buildings and turn hallways into shooting alleys..

Training with Virginia Tech taught me that if you DONT have the gear and NEED it .... Your FUC%ED...

It was just some extra gear I had laying around... and wanted to make use of it as opposed to selling it or getting rid of it...

I figured in this line of work... its like a spare mag in your car... just nice to have it IN CASE something happens..

You all are right... this is NOT IRAQ... or Afgan...but we DONT have air support or infantry here either...

If a bad call goes out... Sure ... SWAT/SRT will get there... in about 1 hour... It would be NICE to know that with the stolen and purchased AK47s and CETME clones that have come up missing here that I have SOME better protection if a round goes flying through the car...

M

LoneWolfUSMC stole my point. It never ceases to amaze me when people say,"well than won't happen" How do you know??

IMO, you're not only screwing yourself if the SHTF situation does present itself, but you might be f***ing your buddy too because now he has to help you out if he is squared away. Either way, you're behind the power curve.

I trained with Scotty Reitz and got a good debrief on the events of that day in Hollywood. I'm sure a lot of those guys will never again say, "that won't happen" or "I'll never need to shoot my pistol past 40 yards". Point being, one never knows, especially during these times.

R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tip2oo3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

So this vest holds your soft armor as well as plates correct? I'm also looking for a carrier for my soft 3A concealable armor. What brand is it? </div></div>

Your not really going to find anything out there that will work with "concealable cut armor". Most use BALCS cut or plate backers to be used with in conjunction plates. You can spend more and get stand alone plates that does not require soft armor for full ballistic protection. There are so many options it gets a little crazy. You should decide what armor combo works for you and then start looking at the equipment that will support it.

Scoalsheepdog,

YOUR RIGHT. My LEO panels are not a 100% fit... I noticed its the "love handle" area that the MOLLE CARRIERS have more coverage than the LEO body armor is cut for.... What i did is scavenge some level 2 trama packs and doubled up on the sides..

We have tested the level 2 pads (NOT THE TRAMA/SHOCK pads) but actual level 2 center protectors at the range. They stop the same rounds up to including 357 mag..

They happened to be the PERFECT size for the side areas of the Molle Carrier.

Like a few of us have mentioned... there are a TON of carriers.... best thing is to size them up... try them on... there kinda like boots...gloves.... The most expensive may NOT fit you the best.

If anyone else has pics... POST THEM UP... its always good to see others ideas and load outs..

Matt

For my kit (military) I run a Blackhawk rig over my IBA (05-06) and OTV (09-10). It lets me slide it up high while in the prone, which obviously has some benefits versus being down low. The only thing that anoys the snot out of me is when the shoulder straps rubb against my neck (I could have fixed that with some zip strips or something)! For some reason I do not like anything on my neck.
I also like the ability to remove it quickly if I need to.

I know it doesn't really apply to LEO needs but maybe it will give you some ideas.
I am on the far left standing,
5279148714_a7cc835df3_b.jpg

5278542957_2539055488_b.jpg

Sierra,

We have enough live ones here
smile.gif

Its showing holding 6 mags.. but it has ONLY 3 in it now... just stretching them out soo that mags will go in easier...

When it rides in the back of the car.. there will be spare mags available...

Its just an overall protection... piece of mind vest....

I WISHED I could just get a military version thats DRMO... but I know that wont happen... It would be nice to have their gear at times as just a trunk piece with the plates and armor.... but going through state acquisitions is a pain in the ASS!!!

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If your going to keep that crusader sword on your rig, id move it to the back. Get it as close to/halfway underneath the hydration pack as possible, with the handle facing down. </div></div> WTF?!?!?! </div></div>

Think he means like the one on the back right side of my vest.

TRHA%20pic.jpg

It's a Grayman pounder mounted in a Red Hill Sheath inverted w/ molle locks. It is not intended to slit throats or defend myself if I am attacked, it is a tool. Tough and beefy and used as such, cutting brush, digging holes, smashing things, prying, cutting a few things etc. It's flat, so it doesn't interfere with the gunslinger II that I pack my rifle and equipment in. Because of the gunslinger I can't put anything with any thickness like pouches on the back of my vest. It isn't light but it doesn't weigh too much, and doesn't take up any valuable real estate since I couldn't reach around that far to get something out of a pouch very easily. But reaching backward w/ my thumb up it is very easy to get out, just pull down. Easy to put back in, just took a little practice and now it goes in easy, just reverse the process and shove until it locks in. I have had it for more than a year and a half, I have put a ton of miles on it hiking in rugged terrain in grows, in town on warrants, etc. and it has never come out unless I pulled it out, no problems with retention. Do I use it a ton? Not really. But I use it more than you would think, and when I have needed it, it was right there. No digging in a pack. I love the packs, but the more tools I can get on my vest that don't interfere with my mobility the better. Plenty of times I have to quickly deploy w/ my AR as a spotter or on different situations w/out the pack, and it will be on me and not in the pack which is still in my trunk. I don't mount it on the front, as it would take up valuable real estate and hangs up in the brush when low crawling either forward or in reverse. Hangs up a little on my back if I have to go in reverse through thick brush, but those situations have been rare (plus in blackberries you could be wearing teflon spandex and you would still get hung up). People look at it funny at first, skeptical that it can be pulled out or put back in, but when I show them how it works they realize how easy it is. Others on my team have started carrying their bigger knives in this manner also. Is it too big? Probably. Are there other tools I could use instead? Maybe, but they would need to fit flat to my vest and be easily accessible and not take up real estate on the front. It fits the purpose well. I have been looking at getting a little smaller fixed blade for my setup but no money for it now. But when I do, it will be most likely mounted in a red hill sheath in the same spot. And when that day comes the pounder will find its home in my gear I use for hiking/camping, so I can still use it for chores in the outdoors. Can't say enough good things about the sheath and the knife, they have done me right.

As far as hydration, the vests we have made always have the integrated bellows style hydration pocket on the back so we can throw a bladder in real quick or not. Depends on your AO and what your role is in response situations. There are plenty of times we are called to armed subjects who fled from pursuits into the woods, as we are pretty rural. In those situations it is an AR or M-14 show, with no packs. It is nice to have the capability to slide a bladder into the vest quickly since in those situations we will be pushing brush potentially and historically for hours, and we will need water. But in a quick deployment on perimeter on an armed barricade in town, I don't worry about it as I know I will have resources I can depend on, plus I carry water in my pack. I know it streamlines the vest a bit, since it takes away an extra layer and the molle mounts it would take to put a hydration carrier on the back. I will always want the option of throwing a bladder on my vest quickly.

I agree w/ doorkicker, get mount a tourniquet and some quick clot gauze somewhere accessible to you, might save your buddy's or your own life.

All of us on perimeter set up our vests similar to Insayn's in that no matter how many mags or whatever you carry, make the front as flat and uniform as possible to make going and staying in prone as comfy as possible. Use the vest to your advantage, I have my two pistol mags mounted on the left side of my vest so if I am in standing position I can rest my left elbow on them to assist with supporting our ridiculously heavy bolt guns. But we only have one vest, not two, so we carry more than we would if we were only perimeter because we are thrown into multiple roles and need more equipment as a result.

There is an unlimited amount of ways to set up your vest because everyone does different things, operates in different areas, deals with different things, and uses different tools. Use this forum to gather information and look at how different people set things up etc. but remember you have to set it up so it works for you, and we don't know exactly what you do on your callouts and at work.

Thats a damn good way to lose a perfectly good knife especially if you get caught up in a crowd..Never leave anything of value or weapon easy access to a potental foe if you value it.
MM128 i reccommend you strap the knife to your belt or raise it higher on the vest to draw it from the reverse grip..If your not proficient in knife fighting and thats what the blade is for I might reccomend a punch dagger.

Knife is gone... I have taken it off and replaced it with a Gerber multi.... it fits in one of the pouches..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A '97 North Hollywood situation or sustained operation like Katrina is a different story but how many of us are ever going to have to experience that?</div></div>

Bear in mind that North Hollywood went on for as long as it did precisely because the Officers arriving were NOT prepared for the threat.

If you prepare for a larger threat than you ever fathom then you may get to go home on that "once in a million" SHTF situation.

Now having said that, I run two different loadouts in my vehicle. I have my heavy Protec Trimax entry vest with soft armore, plates, bicep, neck and groin protection. I carry two M4 mags and two G21 mags as well as IFAK and GP pouch. I transfer my Benchmade 520 folder from my pocket to a sheath on the front of my Fastmag pouches. It's heavy armor but a light load. Wearing it for eight hours a day when training without the advantage of an adrenaline dump reminds you that light is better. I hardly notice it when the bang goes off and we roll through the door.

My second load is a simple plate carrier with four M4 magazines. It serves double duty. When I am on-duty it's my "active shooter" rig where I may have to throw it on over my patrol uniform and when I need to haul ass. I can run and fight in it much better than in the heavy armor. It has less protection, but in an active shooter speed is a requirement. I may be almost at a dead run for several hallways. It's also lightning fast to don when I am off-duty and have to respond to something. I have in the past had to grab it and throw it on over street clothes and grab the rifle. It's got large ID panels on it, so its a great thing to have in a tactical situation. The protection is not great when not wearing soft armor underneath, but it will still stop a rifle round. I may just have to dig some backface frag out of my skin when it's over.

R.E. fixed blade knives. I won't diss a guy for carrying one, but make sure it is to solve a problem you expect. I just found out that my wife ordered me a Handley Custom Carry. I wanted one for my duty belt for a long time because I have frequently used a folder for a pry bar when searching cars or popping locks on doors and windows when making entry. I don't like using a folder for those tasks because they have a clear failure point. It is also much easier to deploy a fixed blade to cut someone off of you if that level of force is reasonable. However it does create a new problem that you need to be aware of with weapon retention.

I don't run combat patrols in Iraq and I don't have to prep to be out for days. If we are on scene for more that four hours and it looks like it will go longer command is already working on water supply and relief.

As always, identify the threat and equip accordingly. </div></div>

Trust what LW says. He knows what he speaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This
fapc.jpg

+
2 of these
itw1.jpg

+
1 of these
bfg_tourniquet_now.jpg

IMO </div></div>

That looks like the perfect setup for myself. Thanks DK.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that bottom picture? Possibly some sort of a tourniquet device?

You are correct. There are several on the market to choose from.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NbHImVQ4us"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NbHImVQ4us" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

We use something like that!
Very simple to use. I have about a dozen of them. Great piece of kit in an emergency!

Great post LW, and Semper Fi.

The HW shootout went like it did because the officers arrived prepared for next to NOTHING. If the first half dozen officers had M1As or AR15s and, more importantly, the TRAINING they needed to deploy them... Only if.

Your setups sound exactly like I was talking about. A tactical team needs protection above all else, not 200+ rounds each. A patrol officer needs mobility, not a combat load designed for a 3 day patrol through Afghanistan.

mm128,

Honestly, I have to agree with what doorkicker said, and trim some serious fat here.

My callout/SWAT gear rolls with me 24/7, but I have put every "MUST HAVE" on my belt. Obviously I have a pistol with a light, 2 pistol mags, 2 AR mags, 4 3/4" fixed blade knife, spare Israeli bandage and tac tourniquet (in addition to our issued med kits afixed to vest), empty bang/sting pouch which doubles nicely for a cuff case in a pinch if we are not issued a bang/sting to deploy.

I am also a big advocate of the drop pouches as they take up little room, but are nice for that bottle of watter when you don't have time to fill your camel back. Also a much better than trying to cram mags in your pockets at the range for those tac load sequences.

Just my 2 cents......it's really all in what you prefer. I have never seen any 2 tac setups that were identical.

Pointblank,

Thanks... true... its just been a try and and reorganize type situation with the vest..

I dumped the knife... I kept the AR Mag holder on the front centered.... its got 3 mags in it as opposed to 6... but atleast it WILL hold more for training... or whatever..

I got rid of the knife as mentioned... went with a multitool... got some MED supplies in the center up to under police... nothing big... just some usual stuff... could add more if needed... got an ink pen...interview pad...

Holster is still on the side... I like it there due to it NOT being in the way.... I have and still use from time to time a drop leg safariland... but it gets in the way when kneeling... sitting etc...

Bladder is on the back... but empty.... there if i need it...

I have a pouch on the RIGHT side of the vest that will hold a standard bottle of water...

Seems to work the way its configured now.... I will give it some more use this week and next and configure it for the last time for now...

Matt.