• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ASC Fall 2012 NEW SHOOTERS MATCH

Re: ASC Fall 2012 NEW SHOOTERS MATCH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo.... Looking at the prediction of hurricane Isaac's path, looks to me like it is highly, likely there is going to be some seriously horrible rain.

Thoughts? </div></div>
Man what's up with all these negative vibes man, think positive, 75degrees and no wind and mostly sunny.lol

If you are afraid of a little weather...ASC is NOT the match for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are afraid of a little weather...ASC is NOT the match for you. </div></div>Or, even then it may not be the match for you...Just sayin'
laugh.gif

Oh, and the sheep shit is true. Bring something to wear you don't mind laying in the shit with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, and the sheep shit is true. Bring something to wear you don't mind laying in the shit with. </div></div>

As the RSOs at ASC have aptly stated at past matches...ain't nothing but chewed up grass...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo.... Looking at the prediction of hurricane Isaac's path, looks to me like it is highly, likely there is going to be some seriously horrible rain.

Thoughts? </div></div>

I'm wait-listed for ASC. I'll take your slot if you're sketched-out with the weather. Extreme arctic suit w/ bunny boots and cargo shorts w/ reefs standing by....

I seem to remember a dude walking all the way up to the top of Narrowback barefooted wearing a fishing t-shirt and jeans. He had to be forced to throw on some GoreTex after the rest of us got up there. It is really cool though to watch the fog get blown over the ridge of Narrowback and down into the hollow like it's going over the wing of an airplane.

Not sure who ask about which rifle to bring. Either will get the job done. During the FN Match we stretched 20" 308's out to 1200 with a slow 175 match king load. High bc rounds are the way to go if you have a choice, but some just like the challenge of a 308 or 223. Just remember either way you have to carry it most of two days. Only a couple of hundard yards- 1/4 mile at a times but this is not flat ground. Your total load for either day should not reach 30-35 pounds MAX!! Under will be better for you. Water, Food, Ammo, Rifle, appropriate clothing, maybe a few tools, rifle data, TP. There are no bath room facilities on the mountain but you will have plenty of room. Should be a great weekend. Lets hope for good weather. You truly never know up there. See everyone friday evening. Going up this weekend to shoot and try to tie up a few last min details. Brock

ASC New Shooters,

If anyone rented a cabin and has two extra beds, please let me know.

PM me here I will check it regularly.
Jack

And if anyone is coming up through Atlanta and wants to carpool, PM me.

Well today when I got up there is was cloudy, cool and misting rain. Winds were light but finiky. By 7:00 it was cool clear and nice shooting weather. Wind was 2 MOA at 1100 yards. I would bet that we see more wind than that by the end or begining of the match. No two days are the same. We also had a south east wind today instead of the normal west or NW wind we normally see. See eveyone on friday at the shooters meeting. Plan on cool mornings and who knows by mid day. brock

2 MOA is his 7-08. That translates to ~4 MOA for those shooting a 308/175's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 MOA is his 7-08. That translates to ~4 MOA for those shooting a 308/175's. </div></div>

Yeah, I remember his rig from it kicking ass at Mayberry. He shoots the 162gr AMax I believe. So 2 MOA at 1100 is probably 3.5mph wind value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woodlanddude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 MOA is his 7-08. That translates to ~4 MOA for those shooting a 308/175's. </div></div>

Or about 1.2mil for us mil guys.lol

Let's keep our fingers crossed to the contrary. Every big match I have shot this year has had plenty of rain.

Dont worry about the weather. Wait ten min and it will change. Believe me everyone that is working the match has fingers crossed. We have all been up there in some bad weather. Come prepaired but hopefully you will only need sun screen. Brock

I shot it for the 1st time this spring. You guys going to it 1st are going to be amazed. I hope they are cooking. Brock has got it together on the beef tenderloin. Wish I was going back this time and I hope to get invited again in the spring?
T

All this talk of extreme weather and Brock's extreme beef tenderloin make me wish I was going even more.

To all new shooters: there is no other match like ASC. Enjoy the adversity. It makes the match and you better in the long run. This is one match that you cannot miss as a long range shooter.

Have a great time, fellas. I hope to see you all at the next one.

AG,
Thanks for the good words. Sorry you guys could not make it this year. You will be missed until Saturday when the tenderloin is ready for the staff taste test!!!! Then we unfortunately will not be thinking of any worldly issues except how many plates we can eat
laugh.gif
. Seriously though, we appreciate your continued support, and hope to see you and your crew in the spring!

Done loading ammo, gear is packed, ready to go. See y'all tonight!

Good luck cp. I hope i can make it next time with ya. I was lookin at the pics ,i could only imagine standin there. Get'r done bo.

Back from WV and starting to scrub out the sheep crap. Helluva time and thanks to the ASC crew for the amazing experience: Rod, John, Matt, Brock, Don, Joe, Brian and the other guys I didn't meet. Also, thanks to the guys that put stuff on the prize table. Joe Harper is also a very generous gentlemen to host us.

We had a great day yesterday (Saturday) with moderate wind, low clouds but no rain and not too hot or cold. Today started rough, with heavy rains mixed with soupy fog. From top of Narrowback we could see the fronts rolling in and out. We stayed on the guns however and took shots when we could until the rain cleared and we had a great sunny afternoon.

Hopefully someone will have some photos to post.

Wow...what a shooting experiance! Big thanks to Rod, John, Brock, Matt, Joe and all the other RO's for the corrections and advice. I will definatly be coming back in May for the spring shoot.

Just wanted to thank Rod, John, Brock and all the guys helping especially the ones driving the 4 wheelers! Those hills are brutal! No wonder they are all so thin! The match was everything I had heard it was and then some. I have never shot a match that you got to shoot 50 stages in two days, up and down angles, and that kind of distance. It was truly a great experience and I am so glad I got invited. I hope I get to go again. Thanks again to all including the other competitors, what a great bunch of guys. And the beef tenderloin, wow, hard to say how good it was! Thanks Brock!
Kind of depressing when I think about going to my 500 yard range that's as flat as a pancake after shooting out there, pretty boring. Oh well, maybe next year!
Tom A.

Wow! Hands down the most enjoyable match I have shot. A huge thanks to Rod, John, Brock, all the ROs, and sponsors for putting their time and energy into such an awesome match! I know all the competitors greatly appreciate your efforts. Regardless of experience, all were impressed and challenged by the unique course of fire. The combination of up and down angles, long range, and well thought out practical shooting were tremendous. I can only imagine what it's like when the wind really gets up. I hope to have the opportunity participate again. Thanks again to all the match directors and competitors. I think a great time was had by all!

Eric C

Wow what a great match, huge thanks to Rod, John, Brock, all the ROs, and sponsors. Congrats to Jamie Dodson for the win and everyone else for surviving Isac and the Mountain. Good seeing some friends and meeting some new ones, Hope to see you again on the Mountain.
Here come the Photo's

15gxjpx.jpg

30jr7ma.jpg

2wgrio0.jpg

1pyzb5.jpg

e84o4y.jpg

A *HUGE* thanks to Rod, John, Brock and others for the invitation to this match.

It is clearly a ton of work to orchestrate this, and to continue to do so several times per year, year after year. It is obviously a labor of love.

The terrain, target arrangements and shooting scenarios make this match absofuckinglutely top notch.

It was great meeting and shooting with everyone! See you next time!

What a great match!! What a great meal!! And the scenery !! And the Stages!! And thank GOD for the four wheelers !!!!!
I had so much fun that by the end of it I could have cared less about my score. I took more home with me than I ever thought possible. The Competitors, RO’s and sponsors that I meet there are all top notch in my book.
Thanks Rod, John, Brock and all the guys who helped put together a very fun and challenging match.

Thanks Rod, John and Brock for a great match and incredable food. It was nice to see some old freinds and make some new ones as well. Really looking forward to next spring and some more time on the mountain. It's a learning experiance everytime.

Thanks again,

JamieD

All Hogs Go to Heaven

Pictures do not do this place justice. We had an awesome time at ASC. The coordination that it must take to make this a success is staggering. Rod, John and Brock were awesome hosts. The range crew were great with hauling gear and our butts all over the place.

ASC will not disappoint. It is definitely worth the hassle to get there and participate in this event.

Thanks to everyone,
Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamieD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Rod, John and Brock for a great match and incredable food. It was nice to see some old freinds and make some new ones as well. Really looking forward to next spring and some more time on the mountain. It's a learning experiance everytime.

Thanks again,

JamieD

All Hogs Go to Heaven
</div></div>

Congrats on the win Jamie!

Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay on the post, but it took a few days to clean up the administrative duties at home and work after the match.

Congratulations Jamie Dodson our official winner!

Thanks for joining us for the shoot. We had a great time running the match, you guys made it fun weather regardless. These guys shot throughout a mix of rain, fog, sun, wind, and did it well! I hope to see some of you back at future shoots

The final score sheet is as follows:

1st place: Jamie Dodson 38
2nd place: Army Chuck ? 45
3rd place: Tom Sarver 45
4 John Stimson 47
5 Jay Harris 48
6 Andy Roy 51
7 Chad Peck 51
8 Tom Ancona 51
9 Justin Nolan 51
10 James Bailey 52
11 Wade Bainter 53
12 Eric Craig 54
13 Matt Grizard 55
14 Nick Painter 56
15 Richard Jones 57
16 Matthew Peterson 57
17 Aaron Deerborn 57
18 Bobby Gibson 57
19 Peter Smith 58
20 Landon Mercer 59
21 Jonathon Charles 60
22 Dereck Ostrow 62
23 Arthur Kerns 65
24 Jack DeCristofelo Jr 70
25 Kurt Thompson 71
26 Russ Clune 76
27 Jack DeCristofelo 83
28 Trent Goggins 87
29 Brit Alexander 87
DNF Breon Odell,Mark Williams

Congratulations to you all on your scores. Getting out and shooting is where its at!

Nice work Jamie! That is a heck of a good score. Also, I got to shot next to Army Chuck most of the match and he was rocking it as well. Some very impressive shooting all around. Again thanks to the guys working behind the scene to make it happen.

Way to go Chuck & Andy. looks like a good time at ASC again! Hate I missed you guys.
Its odd that An ASC list is up and I can put a name to only a few faces, that's a credit to Rod and John. See ya in the spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way to go Chuck & Andy. looks like a good time at ASC again! Hate I missed you guys.
Its odd that An ASC list is up and I can put a name to only a few faces, that's a credit to Rod and John. See ya in the spring. </div></div>

We were squadded together at Mammoth. I had an ugly, used up Savage 308. I brought my new 284 to ASC. It ran nice.

I got calls that told me this ASC match was awesome! Everyone I spoke with had so much fun! I wish I could have been there. The Marines did well. Congrats to all who suffered the weather and shot well regardless.
cool.gif