• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ASC mags for Lg Frame?

NukeMMC

Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A’ So ‘S Gheibh Sibh Feòil
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2009
    Harrisburg, PA
    I got a couple ASC because of price and KAC-like OAL. Except for the follower, they look like KAC but how do they function?
    Mega lower runs fine with KAC, DPMS and PMag but if I can run a SS mag body that feeds a longer OAL reliably, I gain some versatiliry.
    Who has run these and with what results?

What I wanted to hear, from the guy I was hoping would answer.
    At 1/3 the price of a used KAC, I was hoping they would work, even if I had to do some minor tweaking.
    Just can't bring myself to buy the pink ones. ??

They werent around when I bought my KAC's years ago. They weren't just as well and are very nicely made. My buddy runs them in his Aero M5 6.5cm as well and loves them.

I get 2.815" with PMag, 2.830" with DPMS, 2.875" with ASC and 2.880" with KAC.

Reactions: 10ring1
    Glad to hear the ASC's run good. I ordered 4 but havent tried them yet. I didn't know they had more room for OAL. That's a bonus. I've had great luck with the Lancer 308 mags and the PMags are OK. Now I'm excited to run them.

Reactions: 10ring1
    I have at least a half dozen of the ASC mags and they have worked faultlessly. Nuke-your measurements on mags reflect almost exactly what I’ve seen. Only reason for me to use a PMag is to separate loads from one gun to another or if load in question shoots well below 2.815 COAL.