• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Askhole

Darkside-Six

Trigger Puller.
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan.
    We've all seen those threads here on the Hide where someone asks the question, gets a dozen people telling them the same thing, and then proceeds to argue why they should do it their way. Where I come from they call that an "Askhole" I'm going to start throwing this up whenever I see this happening. Feel free to share fellas. :D:D:D

askhole_zpsfa610775.jpg

Askhole

Maybe I should offer a discount complaint writing service to anyone who gets butt hurt on the Hide and wants to sue people who post on the Internet.??

We could sue everyone in Delaware regardless of whether personal jurisdiction exists.

Last edited:
    I came to this thread with great hopes, thinking an Askhole might be similar to a Gloryhole.

Dern.

We've all seen those threads here on the Hide where someone asks the question, gets a dozen people telling them the same thing, and then proceeds to argue why they should do it their way. Where I come from they call that an "Askhole" I'm going to start throwing this up whenever I see this happening. Feel free to share fellas. :D:D:D

This is the case (and has been for 5 years) in EVERY SINGLE annealing thread ever posted in the reloading forum..

Please don't forget the, "What shirt should I buy", "What pants should I buy/wear", "What sox should I buy", do these make my butt look big? Etc. What the hell is up with this?

i cant be an askhole primarily because it would require me to falsely portray a state of possibly not knowing everything already. im just glad yall used english version not the ebonic axehole.

What I really love is all the "best" questions. What's the best scope....the best caliber....the best rings. I just roll my eyes.

People seeking knowledge is a good thing if their willing to listen. I see nothing wrong with asking some of the questions you guys are poking fun at. I wonder if any of you ever ask a question on something your new to and interested in learning? I do agree about people asking questions and then disagreeing with the answer. They are deserving of "askhole" if they disagree with answers. My 2 cents which isn't worth none!

What I really love is all the "best" questions. What's the best scope....the best caliber....the best rings. I just roll my eyes.

I'm a newbie, and want to shoot to 1000 yards. My budget is $450. What is the best best question to ask?

It was meant with sarcasm and reference to the thread a few weeks back that went to shit at a high rate of speed.

Mine was meant with even more sarcasm. ;) I need to take advantage of every thread that allows me to do that.

After how many firings should I anneal my 17 HMR Brass ? And where do I find a competition seater die for this caliber?

I want a 22 trainer that shoots 1 moa all day long. I've got $300 to spend including scope mount and rings...Oh and whats the best ammo for it, Winchester or Remington bulk?

Last edited:
    I'm new to long range shooting. Looking into getting my first rifle ever. Should I get a 338 lapua mag or a Barrett 50 cal?

Or, I'm looking at building my first sniper rifle. What should I get?

There's only one, 50 cal in a lightweight hunting package. If you have correct fundamentals you shouldn't need a brake. This should make an awsome tree stand sniper rifle.

Last edited:
    askhole_zpsfa610775.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

WOW! Sounds like my clients. I am a consultant and folks pay me a bunch to tell them how to do it or how to do it better.
    Six or eight months later when I check back they are doing it the same way they were when they first engaged my services. Half of last years projects never made it off the ground. Which is what I told the folks when they were hiring me.
    My last project I told them up front I wanted to talk them out of it. In the end the project was canceled which was for the best.

Anyone that asks which rifle or which scope should get something in keeping with their experience.
    I have a friend saving to buy a $2500 scope but he spend most of his time on the fifty yard line and occasionally goes big time to the 100. I can't talk him into a nice Nikon for the time being.

Is powder blue the new chartreuse? Which color will look better with my black rifle?

Pretty rare to find a dozen in agreement. Most are simply telling you what they own. I can read through an "advice" thread and typically see one or two with true experience and a gaggle regurgitating what they have read...usually on this forum.

I want a 22 trainer that shoots 1 moa all day long. I've got $300 to spend including scope mount and rings...Oh and whats the best ammo for it, Winchester or Remington bulk?

Stinger's they shoot faster then any other 22lr don't they. They should there for be the best all day ammo.
    cant help stupid!!!

were should i sight in my 22lr to shoot out to 300yd but still be able to hit at 50yd.

hi steve123
    yo

Throw a link to the SH Google Custom Search Engine into the AskHole graphic-it's where most all of these questions could be answered in the first place.

I have a piece of gear that is clearly defective or otherwise unsatisfactory, and probably in a way which I cannot easily describe with my limited knowledge of the English language. Instead of simply dealing with the manufacturer, I'd like to spam as many gun forums as possible asking for advice on the situation. What is the minimum number of forms to spam?

I am an anti-gun lobbyist with $13.6 million. I want to prevent all of you from owning firearms. I have never even seen a firearm other than in the movies and in the holsters of my security guards. What rifle, scope, and ammunition should I ban first?

now thats fuckin funny

I am a coyote that just accidentally ate some peyote. What caliber and bullet should the hunter who`s land I roam on use to shoot at me with to give him the biggest probability of missing?

PS: your answer could mean the difference between life and death for me, so please answer genuinely