• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Asym or hornady match?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Want to try some factory match to start finding what the rifle likes. Can anyone compare/contrast these 2?

Edit: sorry I forgot some vital info. It'll be shot out of a 223 wylde, 18", 1-7".

Last edited:
    Haven't used either in a Semi Auto but used them in a bolt 308 168 grn. Hornady was good in my rifle with the Asym being exceptional. Not sure how it would be out of a Semi.

I have not shot the Hornady, but have shot Asym in my .308 Gap 10 and it hammers. It out shoots both Copper Creek and FGMM in my opinion and it was faster than both averaging 2640 in my 20" Bartlein barrel. I hate telling people this cause it will be harder for me to find when I want it. lol

ASYM by Stan Chen is the best factory ammo you can get next to Lapua, I went to the range yesterday with a friend of mine so he could try out his new JP rifle and when he got it zeroed he did some ammo testing with black hills, federal, hornady and asym. When it was all said and done he did his best 5 shot group with ASYM, it was .289 @ 100 yards. I would not have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. He is a top notch shooter that can out shoot me and he was using a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56. I cannot wait to try it in my LRP-07 and do my own testing.

Last edited:
    ASYM 308 seem to be great but my experience with 223 version was not as good.

I've tried ASYM, Lapua, Fiocchi Exacta Match 69, FGMM 77 and 69, and Norma Match 77. They'll all shoot sub MOA, but
    FGMM 69 and the Norma Match 77 gr. seem to shoot most consistently with the Fiocchi Exacta right behind. Like LCatGA, I've found the ASYM .308 to be
    better than FGMM and shoot it in NRA Highpower F-T/R matches. But the ASYM .223 not so much. Haven't tried Hornady.