• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

At home cerakote

SpecialCrowd9

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2024
Ga
I’m new to cerakoating and am attempting a pattern on a Canik rival. I’ve done serval Glocks and ARs but I’m not sure if the Canik has a plastic channel liner that needs to be removed like the Glock. Anyone got any tips or info for me? I don’t want to ruin my Canik. Working with H-series Cerakote which is oven cure.

You're new to cerakoting but you've done several Glocks?

You will be stripping the slide down anyways right? The FP assembly takes 2 seconds to remove, which has plastic spring cups

Dont foeget the plastic sleeve around thr firing pin spring..

Did that once, never again...

Yeah, but it sucks when it happens and you have to buy another one. Stupid things.

Yeah, but it sucks when it happens and you have to buy another one. Stupid things.
Unfortunately I can’t find replacement ones for Canik and I don’t think the Glock ones are compatible. But since it is apparently metal I shouldn’t matter I think

Reactions: iceng