• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

At the Right Place at the Right Time, Effort & Persistence and a LARUE DREAM COMES TRUE!!!

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
This has to be the BEST July 4th EVER for me!!!

So I walked into the Fort Worth Gun Show Two weeks ago and the First Table I came across Changed My Life! I was in shock and couldn't believe my very own eyes when I saw a Brand New Never Fired Larue Tactical PredatOBR 7.62 Sitting right in front of me!

It has always been my Dream to own a Larue OBR but for one reason or another either due to funds or waiting time I could never bring myself to order one. However this to me was Destiny. I immediately knew what I was looking at and just How Rare it is to see one of these at a small local gun show especially Brand New Unfired. So I stood there with the rifle in my hand and drooled over it for what seems to be eternally. Finally the owner walked up to me and said "You look like a guy who would appreciate this special rifle". and He was right...

I've been wanting, waiting, procrastinating forever. But the fact that this gun is literally in my hands right now changed Everything. I knew right there and then that I MUST HAVE THIS. The owner lives in South Austin TX and I'm in DFW so it's a good 3-4 hour drive each way. But I was willing to make that trip if I have to. I asked the owner if he could hold on to it for me until I have the funds but he says this one is first come first serve which was understandable.

All I can do now is pray that it doesn't get Sold that weekend and it didn't. Meanwhile I have too much tide up in my current collection so to make this purchase some things has Got To Go! In the following two weeks I constantly checked in with him to see if it's still there and did everything I could to sell my POF P308 and my Armalite AR10. Finally as of Yesterday I had barely enough cash to make the purchase. The owner saw how much I wanted the Larue and how persistent I was and he even cut me some slacks on the price since I had to drive 8 hours round trip to get it. The price was More Than Fair which is about the Same as it would be if I bought it from Larue Directly. However Thank God I don't have to deal with the Year and Half of Waiting!!!

So yesterday I made the longest journey ever on purchasing a fire arm. It was definitely a trip to remember and a story to tell as I drove through 3 Different Thunder Storms, a Flat Tire and a Dam Speeding Ticket to get this Gun!!!

But at last, when I finally had it home in my Hands it was ALL WORTH IT. It was truely Mine and a Dream Come True. Sorry about the LONG STORY but Just thought it was more meaning to share the story and the Rifle together with Everyone.

Here's some Pictures after I got home and got it all Dressed Up (Literally Immediately)

The Build and Finish is The Best I've Ever Seen/Felt on any AR. The AR Gold Trigger is so Crisp and Light it gave me goosebumps. The Upper/Lower Fit, the Rail the Stock and Most Importantly the 18" Match Grade Barrel. This was the EXACT SETUP that I wanted if I were to order one myself. It was truely meant to be!

Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16 x 50mm MRAD
ADM 30mm QD Mount with 20 MOA Built in Cant
Magpul BUIS
AT Las Bipod
Surefire Socom 7.62 Muzzle Brake

All came off of my sold .308 ARs. So I pretty much had everything I needed to get out and shoot!

This has to be the BEST JULY 4th EVER For Me!

More Range Reports to Come later. Be Safe Guys, Happy July 4th GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

b3t0jm.jpg

301zjx5.jpg

20j4k1d.jpg

nbexhd.jpg

17z2if.jpg

Good for you, OP. Sometimes the gun gods align and things fall into place.

You sound happier than a puppy with 2 peckers…

Happy 4th to you and all of yours. Post some groups, you know the drill.

GL.

Congratulations, dude! My friend ordered a PredatOBR last month, they told him it would be in around Xmas and the wait was gonna be 6 months. So he ordered. He got a call a week later, saying it was ready to ship!

It's been a few weeks since he got it and the thing is so tight he can't get the barrel disassembled from the upper.

Last edited:
Congratulations, dude! My friend ordered a PredatOBR last month, they told him it would be in around Xmas and the wait was gonna be 6 months. So he ordered. He got a call a week later, saying it was ready to ship!

It's been a few weeks since he got it and the thing is so tight he can't get the barrel disassembled from the upper.

I'll bet he is trying to disassemble with the BCG still in battery.

I've built up and disassembled several P'tOBRs, a couple of my own multiple times. I admit to making the same mistake!!!

Congrats, you need the fix one thing though...sell off that adm mount for a larue lt-104 or lt-111!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the Kind Words Guys!!! I will definitely be posting up some Range Report and Groups soon!

Great Looking Rig and Setup! I'm a big fan of FDE and Black too! Is yours a 14.5" Pinned Barrel? What kind of Velocity are you getting out of that setup?

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

IMG_3297.JPG

Have a great Independence Day!

nice rig, its good to see someone excited to get their new rifle. I was thinking it was just me!!!
have fun shooting it!

I enjoy hearing these kind of stories and I know that awsome feeling when you see it in person for the first time and you know it's going to be yours. Congrats and enjoy man !!

Still haven't had the Chance to take her to the Range yet...I know...I know. But I was able to put the PRS Stock on her to see how I would like it. It's definitely heavier (About 1 lb) compares to Stock form. Right now as she sits is 13.8 Lbs. Empty.

What do you guys think? Keep the PRS or put the RAT Setup back on? This is the 18" so I mostly likely only shoot it from Bench or Prone. I have a DPMS Gen II Recon Scout for all the Run and Gun and Stalking Duties. All Inputs and Advises are Welcome!

Here's some more Pictures of her with the PRS also in FDE.

dysjrn.jpg

okx3zd.jpg

ogknkk.jpg

Hi Mr. Wes,

Did you ever get the Match Grade Barrel for your TOBRs? Last time I saw you posted you were still using the "Field Grade" Barrels which shot Amazingly Well! Just wondering if Larue is Keeping up with the Promises? Also, do they let you chose a different barrel length when they ship you the Match Barrel?

My rifle is manufactured 5/30/2014 so I don't think they used the "Field Grade" on mine, but it sure would be nice to have a extra Barrel with this switch barrel setup!

I'll bet he is trying to disassemble with the BCG still in battery.

I've built up and disassembled several P'tOBRs, a couple of my own multiple times. I admit to making the same mistake!!!

Still haven't had the Chance to take her to the Range yet...I know...I know. But I was able to put the PRS Stock on her to see how I would like it. It's definitely heavier (About 1 lb) compares to Stock form. Right now as she sits is 13.8 Lbs. Empty.

What do you guys think? Keep the PRS or put the RAT Setup back on? This is the 18" so I mostly likely only shoot it from Bench or Prone. I have a DPMS Gen II Recon Scout for all the Run and Gun and Stalking Duties. All Inputs and Advises are Welcome!

Here's some more Pictures of her with the PRS also in FDE.

dysjrn.jpg

okx3zd.jpg

ogknkk.jpg
My only gripe about the prs isits going to make the package bigger once the rifle is taken down, however for your needs, I'd stick with the PRS.

Nice snag... I just picked one up myself. Can't wait to have a range trip...

HI GUYS! THE RESULTS ARE IN AND SHE IS A KEEPER!!!

Larue Tactical PredatOBR 7.62 18" Barrel
Surefire Brake
Vortex Viper PST FFP MRAD Scope EBR 1 Ret Mil/Mil
American Defense QD Mount 20 MOA Base
Atlas Bipod
Magpul PMAG 20 Rd LR .308
Federal Gold Medal Match 175 Gr BTHP
Distance 100 Yards
Temperature: 100 Degrees (HOT)
6 Goups of 5 Shots Snipers Hide 100 Yard SemiAuto Chaellenge.

ogknkk.jpg

4rurt2.jpg

2djnlgi.jpg

k0osp0.jpg

Group 1 = 0.938 (Largest Group!!!)
Group 2 = 0.558
Group 3 = 0.376
Group 4 = 0.227 (Smallest Group!!!)
Group 5 = 0.485
Group 6 = 0.703

Six Group Average = 0.547!

Here's another Six Groups of Five Shots that I Attempted from yesterday. It was good but not as good as the group above.

2lwlyrt.jpg

Nice shooting, looks like you are at Elm Fork Shooting Sports Park? Great looking rifle too!

Matt

Good looking set up. Looks like a keeper to me!

About your PRS, definitely keep it, unless you can get a good cheekweld with the rat. I couldnt, and run the prs now on mine as well.

hey! thats some pretty good shooting . very nice rifle and Im glad it is shooting so well for you . I think the prs stock makes more sense on a rifle like that I have some kind of mental thing going on that i think a precision gun should have a fixed stock. If I lived somewhere that had more open terrain I would have to try and stretch that things legs on a yote or two.

Hog,
Nice rifle and good shooting! So did yours not come with the field grade barrel? And did it come with that tactical box or just the hard case?

Great looking rifle! I picked up a 16" PredatOBR a few months ago and absolutely love it. Word on the street is eventually Larue will offer different length barrels and if that's the case I'd like to get my hands on an 18" spare barrel for hunting and matches.

Mine is just like that.. got it early December 13 with match barrel.. and from what I understand it was one of the first match barrels .. if it is field grade it will say it right on it near the muzzle.. can't miss it..

Hog,
Nice rifle and good shooting! So did yours not come with the field grade barrel? And did it come with that tactical box or just the hard case?

No it did not came with the Field Grade barrel or the tool box. The Field Barrels were very short and limited time offer...and the tool box/roll up bag is now an additional $200 "option". Nothing is cheap when it comes to Larues.

No it did not came with the Field Grade barrel or the tool box. The Field Barrels were very short and limited time offer...and the tool box/roll up bag is now an additional $200 "option". Nothing is cheap when it comes to Larues.

I believe the toolbox and roll bag are $100, and since LaRue stopped shipping in those, they include a $100 gift card to offset that.

Mine is a 16"and shoots just as accurately as my obr did. They're ridiculously accurate with good ammo.

http://www.laruetactical.com/predatobr-toolbox-rollup-bag-combo

Last edited:
Looks great! Next time you're at EF let Luis shoot it... on second thought; DON'T do that! You'll never get him off it! Ha!!

Those are some great targets...and it sure does feel good to finally get the rifle you've been searching for!

Not to be too nitpicky, but when you're measuring group sizes, be sure that you're measuring it from the outer edges of the furthest two holes. It looks like you're measuring at an angle, and it's not accurately reflecting the edges of the holes properly.

Here's how it processes in On Target (still comes out .371 MOA):

hU9GFxc.jpg