• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft At what range can you

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
w/o question ret range & hit a
(1) moa target
(2) a 2 moa target
(3) a 3 moa target
Please list the caliber, barrel length.
This is in the worst conditions, not a COC day.

how many shots? :p
what kind of object am i ranging through the ret?
i can range decently when i know how big the object is am using is, but if i have to guess?
i have been practicing, but really only verifying with a range finder.

Single first rd, round target. std 1200hrs in full sunlight.
The targets are as stated, 1 - 2 -3 moa with the ret only an all are a subdued color,... no bright yellows/orange, or florescent's of any kind.

Reactions: theLBC
Single first rd, round target. std 1200hrs in full sunlight.
The targets are as stated, 1 - 2 -3 moa with the ret only an all are a subdued color,... no bright yellows/orange, or florescent's of any kind.
ok, gotcha. i was hoping for something bigger to range with a small target. good reason to go 35x :p

Na, you can range a 1 moa target on 10X w/o issue to about 400yds depending all the ret line subtentions, close enough for most any chambering. Harder to do with ret subtention spacing but, using the lines allow it to be done depending line subtentions, thick lines make it harder but not impossible.
I've found it harder to range on high power than lower,...unless all the starts line up.