• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR 4-16 for “SPR” or……

We need Premier Reticles to come back into business doing custom reticles for Leupold scopes 🙏

I wish ammo was cheap, range time was plentiful, and @LaraCroft would show me her boobies later lol.

That being said, Leupold is the one that pulled their product support from PR and refused to provide parts for warranty repairs of what was already out there. That's why when it came down to it your options for a PR modified Leupold was a return to factory condition (maybe) or it becomes a paperweight. I doubt Leupold would be interested in getting back into that game, especially since it appears they've rolled up their own custom shop.

Got the NF 4-16 a couple days ago, mounted it today and zeroed it at 100yds and it’s perfect so far. Was able to engage targets at 330, 425 and 550 yards with no problems. MIL XT reticle works great for elevation holds but also was able to use tree to read drop and dial elevation quickly if I wanted to go that route. Shot a total of 100 rounds today, just cheap frontier 62gr FMJ so accuracy wasn’t the best but I got a case of Hornady match ammo coming in soon and am excited to see how much I can squeeze out of this rifle.

I had no issues with hashes not lining up on the turret, everything was fine on that and setting zero hold wasn’t hard just had to actually read the manual on this one. If had to complain about something it would be FOV at min and max magnification, it’s not great but not horrible just have to remember this is a 42mm objective so kinda is what it is. Eye box is a bit tight at max but nothing like some of the 1-10s I have tried in the past, over all am pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• 94996D5F-A8AD-4969-BF8B-ECF81C63F6B9.jpeg
    94996D5F-A8AD-4969-BF8B-ECF81C63F6B9.jpeg
    620.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 5C93A8B3-E734-4CF4-AF8C-BCDDF0A2340B.jpeg
    5C93A8B3-E734-4CF4-AF8C-BCDDF0A2340B.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: Glassaholic
4-16 is a great overall package. It won't blow you away in any single metric, but it is a really well-rounded scope that is easy to use. Contrast and resolution are good, turrets are good, eye box is good, mil-xt or mil-c are good. Illumination isn't daylight bright and might be too bright in really dark situations. Low light performance isn't optimized due to the 42mm objective, but it's still quite good up to 8x and usable to 10x. It's a scope that doesn't seem very impressive at first glance, but it grows on you due to its versatility and ease of use.
This is a really good [realistic] run down of the 4-16 ATACR. It's one of my favorite scopes I've owned.
I accidentally sold my last one with a rifle. I will own another.

I have owned a MK5 18x before and was happy with it but it was a H59. If they had a PR2 available I would be all over it.
Supposedly that's coming. It hasn't yet but I comment almost daily on every leupold's instagram post the same fucking thing. "Mk5 3.6-18. PR2." Also emailed them....again. Problem is we're beating a horse that isn't dead, it's autistic. /rant

I'm very close to grabbing the ATACR for my MK12 myself. Tired of waiting on leupold. I love the Mil-XT and just don't want to go Tremor 3 in the Mk5.

Supposedly that's coming. It hasn't yet but I comment almost daily on every leupold's instagram post the same fucking thing. "Mk5 3.6-18. PR2." Also emailed them....again. Problem is we're beating a horse that isn't dead, it's autistic. /rant

I'm very close to grabbing the ATACR for my MK12 myself. Tired of waiting on leupold. I love the Mil-XT and just don't want to go Tremor 3 in the Mk5.
I agree with you. I had a NF 4-16x42 H59. I personally didn’t like it. The illum was trash (even at night) and the FOV was terrible.

I want the PR-2 in the 3.6-18 just like everyone. But, what about the CCH?

The 4-16X42 ATACR specifically has a different zero stop set up because it sort of has two stops. There's the ZeroHold feature where it will click and stop at zero but when you depress the button you can go below zero up to 2 mils when the zero stop is set per the manual. If you don't set the zero stop up then you'll always stop at zero but you can have some amount other than 2 mils below zero.
Question on the zero stop. When you return to zero do you have to push the button to go back up or only to drop below zero? Considering the atacr for a b14r guest rifle build. Want a scope that i could use as an nrl hunter type build down the road.

Question on the zero stop. When you return to zero do you have to push the button to go back up or only to drop below zero? Considering the atacr for a b14r guest rifle build. Want a scope that i could use as an nrl hunter type build down the road.
Its a great turret design, and super easy to use in the field. Its a basic one-haded operation.

It stops at zero both directions. Critically, the button is right where your tumb naurally sits as you move ± from zero, so if the turrent doesn't move, you just "grip" the turret between thumb and forefinger and it moves...simple as...requires almost no training to get it righ. Whereas, when you are winding down a bunch of elevation, your hand is in a different position/grip, and the stop will catch. Its a brilliant design and should be on all turrets.

The only bad thing is it sucks to set the zero stop :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Set it and forget it and shoot out of the reticle

Its a lot faster and less likely you'll find yourself in a situation where your aim is fubar because you were messing with elevatiion/windage at the turrets

The button is more or less a detent that snaps into place. It only does it on the bottom rotation (so if you go up one full rotation it will not stop on the push bottom) and require you to press it whether going up or down. Your simply pushing a piece of steel out of a groove in the turret housing

I think there was some legal issues with Leupold and that turret design from NF. But if NF could put the low profile/locking turret option on their 7-35 I think it would be a huge win for that optic

The button is more or less a detent that snaps into place. It only does it on the bottom rotation (so if you go up one full rotation it will not stop on the push bottom) and require you to press it whether going up or down. Your simply pushing a piece of steel out of a groove in the turret housing

I think there was some legal issues with Leupold and that turret design from NF. But if NF could put the low profile/locking turret option on their 7-35 I think it would be a huge win for that optic

Primary Arms continues to do it on the GLx scopes, I do wish more scopes would adopt it.