• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Atacr vs beast

Studio3

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2019
Mussouri
www.studio3productions.com
I’m trying to decide on a scope for my Ruger Gen 3 6.5 creedmoor. I’ve decided to drop from the 7-35 to the 5-25, why? I was told by several long range guys that the larger is way over kill and the mirage is much worse. I like to buy the biggest I can get but I guess this is not the time to do so. I plan on shooting 200-1200 yards and just target bench tho shooting with stock Ammo. Suggestions? And differences in the two from those that have used both maybe. Thx

If the NightForce 7-35 is in your budget then go for that.

Getting the biggest you can get isn’t what you need to be looking for.

It’s about glass quality among other things. The beast is a scope that has been passed up already.

We gonna talk about putting a $3k scope on a $800 rifle though? Lol

Just kidding if you can spring for the NF 7-35 do it.

I run a Gen II razor because I got it for under $1600 and won’t be selling it anytime soon because it does everything I want it to do. I can’t see spending more the double that for any scope right now.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Hell just buy them all and see for yourself wich one is better then sell the others to us cheap!! Haha I have the ATACR 5-25 and it seems to be all the scope needed for 1200ish yards.

I just put the ATACR 7-35 on my TAC T3x A1 (260 Remington) and am extremely pleased so far. I had a Vortex HST 6-24 previously, and the ATACR is obviously far better glass.

Looking forward to getting it out to a mile now soon... went to 1344 with the Vortex and ran out of elevation.

Just because it goes up to 35x doesn’t mean you have to run it there... I’d say go for it if you can afford it!

Where can I find where the glass is better?

You won't find it anywhere in writing from Nightforce, but you will see it posted by people who have tried them or owned them side by side. The 7-35 ATACR (made in Japan) focuses closer, has slightly better optics and more magnification for spotting purposes compared to the 5-25 ATACR that's US made. Both great scopes, but I'd take the 7-35 between the two.

Reactions: deersniper
I might be missing it but the thread says

VS beast

Do you currently have a NF beast on the rifle?

Reactions: AIAW
If you are shooting from a bench I would definitely go with the 7-35 over the 5-25 atacr (I have not used a beast though so I can't directly compare)

If you put both the 7-35 and the 5-25 on 25x the 7-35 is definitely clearer and brighter than the 5-25.

whatever you do. make sure you use sellier and belloit ammo. because joelinux says it's the best. and he has a RPR with a 7-35

jokes aside. 7-35 milxt all the way

The ATACR 7-35 scope is one of THE best scopes money can buy, at any price point. It simply is superb. If you can justify the price, go for it.

Later on, you will discover that you do not need to buy a spotting scope in addition to the rifle scope, which in the long run will save you money. Yes a 45x or a 60x spotting scope is technically better (for glassing hillsides for elk or moose), but due to mirage, the real world advantage is slight.

You will likely not always use the scope at max amplification, especially when mirage is severe, but there are conditions like winter time, or early morning in summer time, where you will really appreciate seeing your bullet holes, or splash marks on steel, out to ridiculous distances.

Do you truly “need” the scope for what you want to do? Probably not. But once you start using it, you will never sell it.

whatever you do. make sure you use sellier and belloit ammo. because joelinux says it's the best. and he has a RPR with a 7-35

jokes aside. 7-35 milxt all the way

Got no clue who joelinux is. Is that the "How dare you" girl?

ATACR F1 5-25 Mil-XT here.
Zero regrets and went with it over the ATACR 7-35, the BEAST, and the S&B 5-25 GRID. Money wasn’t a deciding factor, as it was a deployment gift to myself and I was making it rain.

I didn’t need the 7-35, I didn’t need the BEAST’s turrets, and while it was tough to not get the S&B, NF has never let me down at the home range or overseas so I stuck with them. This was my first personal ATACR, as my others have just been the NXS F1s, which were/are fuckin great.

I don’t plan on shooting ELR and will be sticking with SA calibers, so the 7-35 isn’t something I needed or wanted. I also predominately shoot on the lower mag spectrum and only use 25 for target ID and shot spotting...which can be done at 1200 no problem.

Best of luck and if you’re going with NF, odds are you won’t be disappointed.

Had a chance today to take my .260 Tikka to Pala to stretch the legs a little bit, and what a difference from the Vortex HS-T 6-24 I had on it last time I was there. Pala tops out at about 900 yards, so it isn’t all that long, but better than most of the alternatives around here.

This glass is so clear, and I loved having the extra range that the 35x afforded. Also was amazed at how little elevation I actually had to use, and how much I had left over to go far longer.

Can’t wait to get it back out to the desert and stretch it out to a mile.

One other point - the extra range was useful for spotting for my buddy, and I found that I didn’t need my spotting scope. Guess I can leave it home more often than not now.

I have the NF Beast, NF Atacr 5-25, and the NF Atacr 7-35 on three different rifles. All three are great scopes, but the Atacr 7-35 is definitely my favorite. I shoot at a range that has steel out to 1380 yards and I rarely have to go below 30x and I love the Mil-XT reticle.

The 7-35 milxt has been my favorite ie ever owned/looked through (albeit I have no expereince w/ TT or ZCO - they may win out). I recently sold my 7-35 though only becuase I use that rifle hunting the hills and mountains, and it is a huge scope - both in weight but more so dimensionally. If you are staying on the range, it would be hard to beat.

The 7-35 milxt has been my favorite ie ever owned/looked through (albeit I have no expereince w/ TT or ZCO - they may win out). I recently sold my 7-35 though only becuase I use that rifle hunting the hills and mountains, and it is a huge scope - both in weight but more so dimensionally. If you are staying on the range, it would be hard to beat.
Had both 1 beast and three 7x35s. Preferred the 7x35. They’re are gone now. ZCO is the way to go.

Reactions: Akkid17
8541 tactical has done reviews on several of the atacr scopes and the beast. Personally I trust his opinions on things and find the information useful. Might be worth a search on YouTube for the reviews if you are on the fence.

Reactions: M8541Reaper