• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors ATF NFA Wait time for a can?

Smokin

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2007
Houston, Texas
Mailed the form in early Nov. They JUST got the form last wed (end of Dec). How long of a wait now?

Re: ATF NFA Wait time for a can?

I think the wait time for F4 is around 4 months, might take longer.

My last suppressor took 4 months to the day. Sent off August 4th, approved on December 4th. Just waiting to go pick it up.

Mine took 4 months, but they lost the stamp and had to re-send it. So...5 months.

I hate waiting.

Same here, about four months. I signed my form 4 8/14/09, the dealer sent it in and the ATF signature approval was 12/11/09. I picked up my Surefire FA762SS a couple weeks later.

Sent mine 7/4. Still waiting....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine took 4 months, but they lost the stamp and had to re-send it. So...5 months.</div></div>

You actually got a replacement stamp??? I've always heard in those cases ATF will only resend a certified copy of your Form 4, but not another stamp...

im getting mine back in 2-2.5 months from date I send it out. Its better then it used to be. knock on wood.

ive had a couple different ones.... I cant remember off the top of my head

Jun-Oct 09 - Right at 4 months on a F4 Trust.

Probably best just to assume it's going to take forever. That way, when it comes back in just a matter of months, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I have gotten numerous Form 4s back approved in 8-9 weeks, including mailing time, in the past few months. There have been individual, coporate, trusts, professional associations, ...

Submitted mid Aug
Pending mid Sept
Sitll pending as of this morning.
Corp Form 4 transfer

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine took 4 months, but they lost the stamp and had to re-send it. So...5 months.</div></div>

You actually got a replacement stamp??? I've always heard in those cases ATF will only resend a certified copy of your Form 4, but not another stamp... </div></div>

I just did this, and I only got a certified copy, no stamp. Only, mine got signed in 3 months but took a total of 7 instead. It took forever to get the replacement.