• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Ares ETR

Nothing but great things to say about this thing.

Did you cerakote your MPA chassis to match the color of the scope? If so, do you know the color reference number? It looks really good. Thanks.

Does the brown scope include a brown sun shade? Thanks.

Yep. Did this weekend. This is my first higher end scope so I am not great on comparisons.

Clicks are great and marking line up well. Was able to mil range steel out to 350yards easily with the 30x zoom. Illumination is not day bright. On high setting I could see it on the black rubber back drop but not on top of the white paper target. I really like the center dot but that is just me.

Eye box is tight at 30x. Glass appears very clear to me (see above) I might be totally wrong.

MK level and throw lever (Ares) are great!

Cell pics below: target at 100yards. Pics through scope are 4.5x and 30x. Hard to get with cell phone
DBC538AC-9301-40A7-A58C-C63373ED4FDE.jpeg

Attachments

• E20D47A7-F613-4360-87A9-A798CFE4751B.jpeg
    E20D47A7-F613-4360-87A9-A798CFE4751B.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 026B6743-9771-46A1-A0BA-04D13B092E61.jpeg
    026B6743-9771-46A1-A0BA-04D13B092E61.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 272
  • B2E50825-D013-49A7-9116-F67C6FA81376.jpeg
    B2E50825-D013-49A7-9116-F67C6FA81376.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 23093AAB-273B-46DF-9434-76AD6489B70C.jpeg
    23093AAB-273B-46DF-9434-76AD6489B70C.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 253
  • AB87D10F-2C25-4842-ADAB-541475211057.jpeg
    AB87D10F-2C25-4842-ADAB-541475211057.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 258
"Ugh, can't make up my damn mind on ordering one of these or one of the Vudu 5-25's."

Same here and I'm looking at the Cronus as well

Reactions: duramaxed
I just got the Cronus BTR last week. Very very happy with it for the price point. Im still waiting for my Ares ETR to show up so I cant give a comparison to the Cronus BTR yet but will as soon as it arrives. Hoping any day now.

I just got the Cronus BTR last week. Very very happy with it for the price point. Im still waiting for my Ares ETR to show up so I cant give a comparison to the Cronus BTR yet but will as soon as it arrives. Hoping any day now.

Looking forward to reading about your comparison between these two scopes.

Well, another week+ just ticked by. I guess the good news is that Athlon must be 1 week closer to shipping, right?

Week two and approx. 150 rounds down range with the ETR and I can say so far so good with consistency, tracking, reliability and clarity. The center dot is great for very precise placement of the reticle. Edge to edge it’s great.

Attachments

• B1C0139E-5C93-4BC0-B763-314E6BB5DBA8.jpeg
    B1C0139E-5C93-4BC0-B763-314E6BB5DBA8.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 3B20002B-13FC-42A8-A4E3-A4B5C0D20490.jpeg
    3B20002B-13FC-42A8-A4E3-A4B5C0D20490.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 251
Y’all are mean, mean I tell ya! Post pictures like that knowing that we can’t have any. Kind of like the boys at Maggie’s posting topless pics knowing that we can’t touch.

I put my brown ETR on a jelrod-converted 40XB 22RF repeater when I first got it. I'm thinking you can get a good read on the actual color of the 'brown' anodizing relative to the red/white/blue of the afghan in this photo. The stock is a Manners T4A with painted woodland camo, and the CeraKote on the bbl'd action is a mix of McM OD & McM tan. I moved the ETR to a custom M700 in 7-08 Improved 30* to get in some shooting at 600yds with it - regardless of which rifle it's on, I need to get those TPS TSR rings painted with burnt bronze .... won't know how close the color match will be until I try it.

Attachments

• DSC_1162.JPG
    DSC_1162.JPG
    469.2 KB · Views: 192
At this point the wait is what it is I’ve already missed the match I hoped to have it for I just hope I like the reticle as much as I think , that the glass is close enough to my cronus in quality , and the turrets feel like the ones I have seen and another etr will probably replace the Cronus we shall see

We have just received a batch load inventory of Ares ETR and should be able to clear all the backorders except the Ares ETR black MOA version that has limited supply this time. We have started shipping scopes out to dealers starting from today so please contact your dealers for your scope delivery ASAP. We should have enough inventory for the black MOA version for everyone by first week of Oct. Appreciate your patience!

We have just received a batch load inventory of Ares ETR and should be able to clear all the backorders except the Ares ETR black MOA version that has limited supply this time. We have started shipping scopes out to dealers starting from today so please contact your dealers for your scope delivery ASAP. We should have enough inventory for the black MOA version for everyone by first week of Oct. Appreciate your patience!
Black MOA....... phuck me.

Attachments

• IMG955642.png
    IMG955642.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Funny u posted that. I'm currently watching toy story with my son.

Reactions: Sieg
Looking forward to the in depth reviews. I have a BTR on a 300 WM that has tracked well out to 1500 yards, blurry around the edges at maximum /near max magnification. I am considering one of these new scopes for a 338 Lapua ELR rig... thoughts?

Last edited:
What is the correct torque value for the new Ares ETR? I just received mine and the manual does not specify a value. Thanks.

Sphur SP-4302

Thanks.
B6graham is correct, torque values are dependent on the rings used (it actually has to do with the threads of the screw). One purpose of the torque spec is to keep the threads in a tensile state to retain that "lock washer" effect. Once they are over torqued to a plastic state, screws are more susceptible to backing out. Of course, excessive force can damage a scope. Most rings will specify a value between 15 in/lbs. and 22 in/lbs. Check with Sphur and see what they recommend.

Thanks.

As an FYI, my scope did not include a sun shade or lens caps.

Sooo.... so we ever get a complete review of one of these compared to other similar scopes? Or do all the preorders go out to people who only talk about how good they are?

Sooo.... so we ever get a complete review of one of these compared to other similar scopes? Or do all the preorders go out to people who only talk about how good they are?
reviews take time. months. otherwise they aren't fair to anyone. people need actual range time with it. tracking tests. hard use. then they can review it.

reviews take time. months. otherwise they aren't fair to anyone. people need actual range time with it. tracking tests. hard use. then they can review it.

Bingo! I think Frank said his reviews take some 90 + days.

You guys must have day jobs or something. Send me this scope and 2 competitors to it and id have it done in under a week.

Got tired of waiting and picked up a Cronus in brown from Doug and Joel at cameraland and couldn’t ask for a better deal or service ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunnuh
Sounds like things are moving! Several dealers I follow on Facebook are getting large shipments (with picture proof). My own dealer just shipped out my ETR.

Come on Cammeraland get the rest of those preorders out still waiting for tracking info but I am probably the last preorder ordered late

just got my email for mine today also.
looking forward to mounting it and shooting some with it

Which lens caps fit on the Ares ETR 4.5x30 56mm? Thanks.

ViP, I am sure they are the same as fits the same sized objective and eyepiece on the Cronus.

That would be the O-56 objective and the E-10 eyepiece.

Just got mine A brown one this last week. I'm mounting it on my Vudoo 22RF. The knobs have quite a nice positive click that is both audible and tactile feel to them during adjustment. Glass is exceptionally clear. Just ordered some Vortex matched set rings and should be ready for the range.

I ordered mine last Friday and got it in the mail today. Any of you want great service and fast shipping. give A & J Sporting a try. First time using them and they took care of me, Definitely will buy from them again. I'll be mounting my Ares on a Ruger RPR.

I got mine in the mail today and mounted it on my MEGA LR-308 test rifle with Rainier's new 22" Ultramatch MOD2 6.5cm in Seekins PMR 34mm 1.26" rings, MKM Billet throw lever and billet level. Just waiting on JP's MK III hanguard 15" ARCA attachment to shoot it. I looked through it today and I am very impressed with this new optic. Glass is better than my Gen1 Razor HD for sure, LOVE LOVE LOVE the reticle, and the turrets are crisp and very audible. Cant wait to get this thing on the range.

Last edited: