• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Midas tac 6-24

mwiggi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
South Georgia
I’m looking at the Athlon Argos BTR 6x24 scope for long range target and hunting whitetail. I’ll be shooting up to 600 yards on steel and a couple hundred at deer/coyotes. I’m going to put it on a tikka T3x CTR 308 with a 20” barrel. My questions are...

Should I spend the extra money and get an Athlon Midas tactical scope? Is the difference in glass really worth the extra price for someone like me who’s not going to be shooting 1000 yards?

Should I avoid Athlon and just get a Vortex Viper PST like I had previously? I’ve never even looked through an Athlon in person. Or buy one from a place with a decent return policy?

And where would be the cheapest spot to get an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24? The cheapest I’ve found so far is $360

My argos btr has been great for 3 years of occasional use. The clarity at edge isn't great, but that hasn't affected performance at 1k yards. I like the FFP and the reticle. I'll be watching this thread.

I have a midas tac and I can consistently shoot out to 700 yards and back dialing and does jsut fine. Glass quality is sufficient for hunting. Heres a pic at roughly 1000 yards on 6x. It looks alot better in person.
received_580496426172918.jpeg

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to take a photo like that and failed. Props to folks that are smarter than I..... :LOL: