• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Optics Customer Service

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
From the people with the correct experience, what's the customer service like from Athlon Optics? I know people are pretty satisfied with their products and I'm looking into a scope of theirs (the Ares 2.5-15x50 BTR Mil) and it's being put up against a Vortex (the PST Gen II 3-15x44). They're very similar optics, so it nearly comes down to the company themselves (not many reviews out, if any, on either optic, so no details on glass quality and such). You're welcome to throw in some insight about the optics themselves if you have experience with them too, but is the extra $200-300 I would pay for the Vortex worth their outstanding customer service?

Going to find out soon. Just bought an Argos #214001 and had a hard time rotating the magnification dial up. Now I can't get it below 16x. Would need channel-locks or pipe wrench. Sent them E mail.

Had a minor issue with a Cronus scope which was returned to Athlon. Once it arrived to their shop, unit was replaced and shipped back out the very next day. All in all, 10 days before it was back in my hands. This includes travel both ways with two weekends in between. Quick turnaround for sure.

Personal phone and email communications with Athlon were also stellar. Wish them great success and personally hope they will be around for a long time as I'm thinking of purchasing a second one.

My distributor ended up accidentally sending me a Cronus instead of the Cronus BTR. Being an idiot, I mounted thinking someone gave me the BTR early. I did my dry fire drills for a couple days and realized this box has an old bar code! Old scope in it too! Long story short, Athlon was great to deal with. They played the middle man kinda ensuring both me and the distributor were all okay with the situation. Matthew from customer support is awesome. 5 stars for him. They talk to ya like a friend and someone you'd want to take shooting with ya. And they always end the conversation with " ...and if there's anything. Any issue you need help with or have questions, reach out to me and I'll be here!" It just give ya the warm n fuzzies. The extra mile speak makes ya feel good. It helps. I work in retail and I've seen how people can be fake. This guy may be that way but I don't get the feeling he is. I think Athlon will go that extra mile for me. And I think they would for u too. Just an opinion and experience.

We sell a pretty decent amount of Athlon's and when we have sent ANYTHING back we have gotten a BNIB replacement almost ASAP. Buy with confidence. They're good guys over there.

I haven't had to send any of my Athlon scopes back, but I've met most of their staff, Kevin, Trent, Jason, Matt. Really, really nice and helpful bunch of guys. Very enthusiastic about this sport, their optics and their customers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

They will have you pay shipping back to them, even if its a defect. My turn around was around 10 days like the other member mentioned.

Well, it's great to hear about companies that stand behind their products. Thanks for the opinions, guys!

I sent a scope back that had a defect they paid shipping both ways. Just ask for a label.

They covered my shipping both ways as well! You'll need to contact them first so they know you are trying to send something. They emailed a pre-paid shipping label to me within minutes.

Pretty good! That was, what, 11 days with shipping both ways?

Have you considered a LeupoldMark 6 MarkLeupold?

(sorry I couldn't help myself with the palindrome opp!!!)

Have you considered a LeupoldMark 6 MarkLeupold?

(sorry I couldn't help myself with the palindrome opp!!!)

LOL!!! Honestly, yes a while back, but despite my username, I don't put too much into Leupold's products anymore. Hunting scopes, sure, they're great (my dad has a VX-3 that will see anything in the woods), but for tactical scopes, they've kinda ridden their fame and military contracts for a while. They don't listen to the community like they should, their offerings are overpriced, and their quality control has gone downhill. In a very competitive market, I can get better stuff from Vortex, Athlon, Burris, Bushnell, etc. and be much better off. Sorry for putting a quite serious spin on a humorous post, but thanks for the laugh!