• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Scopes

Warranty service report:

I contacted Athlon about a couple issues with my Ares BTR. They stated they have had some instances of my main issue already and would be happy to service it. I boxed it up and shipped it (at my expense) to their service department for repair.

I just got the scope back, and it seems like nothing has changed. The most generous way I could phrase it is that it might be 2% better, but that's not "fixed" in my book, especially with an issue they're already aware of.

I'm really regretting having invested so much hard-earned money into this, but I guess I'm stuck with this thing. I guess I should have waited 10 months for the Vortex after all.

Caveat emptor.

Good afternoon,
I am sorry that you had an issue with the scope. As a SH Supporting Vendor and an Athlon Dealer we want to help you out. Please give me a call, 516-217-1000, and we will take it back from you (even though you bought it elsewhere) and replace it with a brand new scope.
Hopefully this will right the situation :)

If I'm not available please speak with Neil.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

Good afternoon,
I am sorry that you had an issue with the scope. As a SH Supporting Vendor and an Athlon Dealer we want to help you out. Please give me a call, 516-217-1000, and we will take it back from you (even though you bought it elsewhere) and replace it with a brand new scope.

Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000

Wow, now that’s some great support. Will keep Camera Land in my list of places to shop.

On the good reviews I’ve have seen I Picked up a talos btr 4-14 brand new for a 22 trainer. Really liked the reticle however the tracking was really screwy. In the first 10 mils it was short by.4mils. Then it would track for aboit 4 -5 mils. Then the remaining elevation travel the reticle wouldn’t move anymore. I sent it back for a refund. I’m sure this isn’t normal but looking for any input on talos users on actual tracking performance. I also realize this is their lower end model and I’m not expecting it to be spot on perfect. But even for a trainer I would like something that tracks predictably.

athlon offered to repair it, but I was leaving town for a few months so it was easier to just return it. I’d like to give them another chance but I’d like to hear from other talos users on tracking if possible.

Currently looking for a good FFP scope to put on my Kidd 10/22 to shoot my local 10/22 match with. I am debating between the Helos BTR and Ares BTR. I know the Ares has zerostop and that is very appealing, but is there any other major differences? Does the Helos have locking turrets? Thought I saw that somewhere. Is there a glass difference in the 2? Just wondering if the Ares is worth the extra money?

Haven't played with the Helos but I really like the Ares, and the zero stop is as easy as it gets.

I doubt a ZS can be fashioned for the Helos??? Comparing the Helos to the Argos, the main thing that stood out was the much better turrets on the Helos and that they lock.

Of the half dozen Argos I've had, and those among friends, there is a little difference in glass in them from scope to scope. One friends Argos has very good glass, I can tell right away at first glance. It was the same way as I did a side by side between my other friends Helos and one of my "other" Argos.

There is no question the Helos is a better scope, I will have one someday.

Actually I like the Talos so much I would rather have it for my cheaper scopes and sell my Argos to upgrade to the Helos. Actually I just mounted a Talos on my 10/22 a few hours ago.

Last edited:
I doubt a ZS can be fashioned for the Helos??? Comparing the Helos to the Argos, the main thing that stood out was the much better turrets on the Helos and that they lock.

Of the half dozen Argos I've had, and those among friends, there is a little difference in glass in them from scope to scope. One friends Argos has very good glass, I can tell right away at first glance. It was the same way as I did a side by side between my other friends Helos and one of my "other" Argos.

There is no question the Helos is a better scope, I will have one someday.

Actually I like the Talos so much I would rather have it for my cheaper scopes and sell my Argos to upgrade to the Helos. Actually I just mounted a Talos on my 10/22 a few hours ago.

Steve have you had any issues with your talos tracking?

Currently looking for a good FFP scope to put on my Kidd 10/22 to shoot my local 10/22 match with. I am debating between the Helos BTR and Ares BTR. I know the Ares has zerostop and that is very appealing, but is there any other major differences? Does the Helos have locking turrets? Thought I saw that somewhere. Is there a glass difference in the 2? Just wondering if the Ares is worth the extra money?

If you do not have a place locally to look at these it would be our pleasure to send you one of each to check them out. Keep the one you prefer and send back the other. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss it.

Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000

Steve have you had any issues with your talos tracking?

I haven't done a tracking test on any of them, some could be off??? Too be honest most of them are on rifles that I don't dial past 5 mils with so it's possible they could be a click off, I can't tell though because I'm getting hits. With my air rifles it's only 3.4 mils to 100Y which is long range for a 17 cal - 20ftlb PCP.

The ones I use for past 5 mils seem to be on. On my 6mmFatRat last week, this week too, I was getting a bunch of first round hits on steel at various distances, and when I didn't hit, it was the wind getting me.

It's gotten to the point that I can't see spending more money on a scope to put on the less serious rifles. On the nicer rifles I have S&B and a Cronus so those bases are taken care of.

Next year I plan on building a handy bolt action that will run me around $1500. For that I plan on putting a Ares 4.5-27 which is more appropriate for that price of rifle.

With any scope Co, if there is a serious scope problem, I send them in for repair or replacement. That being said, since these inexpensive Talos are a $300 MAP scope I don't expect them to have the fit, finish and feel of scopes costing much more. Sometimes the clicks don't line up, one or some of the controls are a little soft or hard to turn, this doesn't bother me, it comes with the territory. I'm just thankful I have a cheap scope that has close focus, good glass, a super reticle in .2's, has illume, and generally works well. That's me, others don't feel that way, to those people I say spend more money to upgrade till you get the performance you want. It is what it is with the little Talos BTR.

Yours being off by 4% error is pretty bad, I'd done same as you or had it replaced.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Cabela's has the Cronus on sale for $999. After applying my Cabelas points I got it for $500 plus free shipping.

Reactions: Bender
I haven't done a tracking test on any of them, some could be off??? Too be honest most of them are on rifles that I don't dial past 5 mils with so it's possible they could be a click off, I can't tell though because I'm getting hits. With my air rifles it's only 3.4 mils to 100Y which is long range for a 17 cal - 20ftlb PCP.

The ones I use for past 5 mils seem to be on. On my 6mmFatRat last week, this week too, I was getting a bunch of first round hits on steel at various distances, and when I didn't hit, it was the wind getting me.

It's gotten to the point that I can't see spending more money on a scope to put on the less serious rifles. On the nicer rifles I have S&B and a Cronus so those bases are taken care of.

Next year I plan on building a handy bolt action that will run me around $1500. For that I plan on putting a Ares 4.5-27 which is more appropriate for that price of rifle.

With any scope Co, if there is a serious scope problem, I send them in for repair or replacement. That being said, since these inexpensive Talos are a $300 MAP scope I don't expect them to have the fit, finish and feel of scopes costing much more. Sometimes the clicks don't line up, one or some of the controls are a little soft or hard to turn, this doesn't bother me, it comes with the territory. I'm just thankful I have a cheap scope that has close focus, good glass, a super reticle in .2's, has illume, and generally works well. That's me, others don't feel that way, to those people I say spend more money to upgrade till you get the performance you want. It is what it is with the little Talos BTR.

Yours being off by 4% error is pretty bad, I'd done same as you or had it replaced.

Thanks Steve, for my 22lr the talos is exactly what I’m looking for. Cost is right, reticle is right. . just couldn’t accept the strange travel in the elevation to that degree. I’ll b back home in the next week or so, I’ll probqbly try and pick up another one and see...

The Helos does in fact have locking turrets. The glass between the two is also different with the better HD glass being in the Ares BTR. For the 10/22 I would probably stick to the Helos as it will have everything you would need and great glass but stick to the 6-24x50 as it has more internal travel.

If if you have any other questions or would be interested in picking one or the other up give me a call and I’ll be happy to get you set up. I also always run some kind of special with these scopes.

Thank you,
Dustin
D&R Optics
(765)592-5109

Talos BTR review and tracking.

Got my first Athlon last week: Talos BTR 4-14x FFP

1st impression-
-Windage has nice clicks left and right.
-Elevation knob is mushy, more mushy with adjusting down, than with adjusting up? Have no idea why that would be. I tried the fix of removing the cap, removing old grease, putting new, thinner grease. Hasn't really helped much. The feel is not too bad and I'm OK with it. With cap removed, turret seems to have perfect clicks. Maybe it will tighten up later. I did notice that old grease on the O-rings did seem very sticky. I tried to remove it, but not sure I was very successful. I may have gotten an old model with the old grease? Has Athlon worked/changed this out recently?

Anyway, for price paid, it's not a big deal for now. I can adjust elevation fine, I just pay attention to my clicks.

-Parallax and magnification adjustments are firm and good. I like the position of the magnification # on the adjusting bell. Easy to see while behind scope, unlike my Sightron.
-Reticle is nice. I really like the floating center "+", and the "Xmas tree" windage, as well as 0.2 mil hash marks. I like having the mil numbers also instead of just plain unmarked hashes. In fact, I was looking at the Argos, but wasn't in love with the reticles, and I don't think I need more than 20x power.

I did not want any sort of BDC reticle.
I was willing to pay up to $400. If Argos had a 4-16x option, with the Talos BTR reticle, that would probably have been my choice.

-Cons so far (mostly minor):
1) Mushy elevation turret knob.
2) Illuminated reticle cannot be seen in daylight, even on 11. *I'm actually fine with this as I think it will be plenty bright in a dusk or dawn lighting situation. When looking through scope inside my house, illumination is good.
3) Reticle does not get too large at 14x. I kinda wish it actually got a little larger, but I realize hash gaps and proportions would have to be changed for proper ratio. Its OK. Under about 9x, I can't make out the hashes or numbers, so scope functions more like just a plain duplex crosshairs below 9x for me.

I am no expert marksman and have no experience with high end scopes. I have a Sightron SII 6-24x that is my point of reference. Turret clicks on it are more discernible but almost too easy to turn. I have to pay attention with it as clicks are very easy.

Tracking TEST:
I set up a large piece of cardboard. 2" bull target in center. Used 24" Carpenter's square to create 4 rectangles from center bull. Target board was tacked up with a level so verticle/horizontal lines were true. Shot 8, 3-shot groups. All aimed at center bull with scope crosshairs lined up with target vert/horiz lines. My turret adjustments did not follow a simple box pattern. I wanted it to be more real situation applicable, so as you can see, I bounced around the entire board. Settings listed are each from the original 0,0 scope turret zero marks.

-Shot at 101 yards.
-1 Mil = 3.636" @ 101 yards.
-AR 15 with ADI Outback 69gn SMK ammo.
-Aero precision lightweight scope mount.
-Used Caldwell front and rear bags.
-Light winds.
-My 1st group zero was about 1/4" high and 1/4" right of center. Adjustments to all groups is taken into account in list.
-3-shot group size ranged from about 0.7" to about 1.5". I measured to approximate center of groups for results.

Given the lack of tack driver accuracy of setup, I think results are still very good. Variance could be from wide group size estimation.
I will try again soon with my handloads...I think I can get better groups and thus, more precise results.
Given that group sizes here averaged about 1.2" and deviations of expected vs resulted tracking was almost always well within 1", I think results are pretty great and am very happy with this $300 scope. I suspect most of the deviation is from my shooting/measuring and not the scope turrets/tracking.

Here are my results:

Group------ Turret adjustment in mils from 0,0 (elev,wind)
1----------------- 0,0
2---------------- +2,0
3---------------- +1,+1
4---------------- -3,-1
5---------------- -5,+2
6---------------- 0,-2
7---------------- +2.5,+1.5
8---------------- 0,0

Expected grp location
1---------------- 0,0
2---------------- +7.27",0"
3---------------- +3.64",+3.64"
4---------------- -10.91",-3.64"
5---------------- -18.18",+7.27"
6---------------- 0,-7.27"
7---------------- +9.09",+5.45"
8---------------- 0,0

Resulted grp location
1---------------- 0,0
2---------------- +8.25",0"
3---------------- +3.125",+4.125"
4---------------- -11.375",-3.25"
5---------------- -19.25",+8.25"
6---------------- 0,-8.125"
7---------------- +9.875",+5.5"
8---------------- 0,+0.125" (see pic)

Attached is photo of center bull. Grp 1 has black sharpie marks.
IMG_019.jpg

*I have no affiliation with Athlon at all. Do not work in the firearms industry. Just a regular guy who likes to shoot and load ammo. Usually looking for best bang for my bucks.

Last edited:
I got the chance to look through a argos, helos, and ares this week. Also got to play with a gen2 pst and a diamondback tactical. I am no expert and just got to compare and play with them for about an hour.

I am looking to get glass for a 556 spr I am building.

The best glass I own is a ta31 acog and a pst 2.5-10x32 so I really don't have the experience that a lot of people do.

Argos: honestly, for 360 bucks it is a good scope. Reticle is pretty good (although I prefer the grid reticle on the others). Glass is pretty good for the money. My biggest complaint were the turrets. They were just too easy to move and a little on the mushy side. That being said, with all the features at that price point, it is hard to complain.

Helos: better glass then the argos. Much better feeling turrets. Glass seemed just slightly better then my gen 1 pst. It may be the best 500 dollar scope I have handled.

Ares: better glass and more adjustment and more magnification. With that being said, the glass is only marginally better then the helos. Eyebox seemed about the same. I actually like the feel of the helos turrets better. The reticle was slightly finer then the helos which was good on max power, but pretty hard to see on the lower power. Also had a genii pst to compare it too and the ares was very similar. I would give a slight edge to the pst, but it was almost a draw.

Diamondback tactical: nice turrets for the money. Scope really didn't impress me. I would probably go with an argos over it.

At the end of the day, I think I will pick up a helos. It won't break the bank and will meet my needs. We will see how it holds up long term. Wish they made this model in 4-16, but 6-24 will work.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Yep, both you guys are correct in your opinions about the mentioned Athlon scopes. They are what they are, which are inexpensive scopes with great features. The fit and feel could be better but for the money...

I feel the same way, the Helos is a step up in the turret department. I like the choice of having locking turrets which can be a big time hunt or match saver! I also totally agree with Athlon coming out with a lower mag version like a 4-20.

The Ares is in a interesting tweener price point. For what you can buy them for street price, there's nothing that comes close.

"In all brands", yes even the expensive scopes, if you are savvy to noticing in your research, there are differences in turret feel and the other controls feel from scope to scope, even in different lot shipments. So to you, when your new scope arrives, you might get a good one or might not. I could go on and on about this but I'll give a few examples.

Go look in the Minox thread.

In the S&B thread, DT vs MTC vs MTC LT.

Some other threads where people point out the turrets weren't distict on their R2's or maybe didn't feel right.

The pattern over the years for me was buying 2-3 scopes of the same brand and discovering differences between them. I've done this 3-4 times now and all were different brands.

Well with just about any scope one can find things they aren't that enthused about, like me with my S&B's, they aren't perfect.

So what I'm saying is just because you spent more money on a brand of scope doesn't mean it will live up to your expectations. Although generally you'll get what you paid for most of the time but definitely not always.

My friends Ares 4.5-27 BTR is an outstanding scope, it just came out of the box that way. The Ares that I had had turrets that were a bit easy to turn, not bad but not as nice as my friends. Honestly I miss it though, sold it to guy in a bind.

Last edited:
I finally got to run my Ares in a club match this weekend. Im' happy to say it did just fine. Shot from 128 out to 1k. The elevation is a little soft but I had no problem feeling the clicks when I dialed without looking ( I did check but only because I didn' trust myself ). The zero stop was way to easy to set ... Thank you Athlon! And the retical is great for what I'm trying to do (PRS Club level matches). I had no problems with hold over/under useing the retical either.

The only time I had any issue was on a stage that I had to shoot from the right hand side of a rooftop barricade while standing on the ground. It was a little difficult to acqire the eye box... I'm pretty sure that was just the awkward stance I was too lazy to switch to my support side to finish the stage.

The scope works for me and what I'm doing... I do understand that one match and a couple trips to the range don't mean this scope will hold up to continued abuse but I've got my fingers crossed that it will. Time will tell and thanks to Vortex everyone's got the same warranty now... in this price range.

The only down side is the lack of sunshade and lens covers but for the price that's just getting picky imho. I have no problem telling someone to try the Ares.

and no I'm not sponsored by anyone its' my hard earned money spent to let me buy more ammo and shoot more often. And proof that it's my cash the Cronos went on sale a month after I got my Ares for stupid cheap wish I had it for $100 more... but that's my luck.

So I just got my Helos BTR 6-24x50 in the mail. Opened it up at the shop and the first thing my brother said as I opened the box was “Dang, that looks fancy!” And he wasn’t wrong! It was excellently packaged. Was pleasantly surprised to find out that it came with a set of flip up caps already on the scope. I pulled it out of the box, and the nicest scope I have ever handled is my Gen2 PST, but build quality seems to be on par with it. Had a good weight to. Moment of truth came when I grabbed for the turrets. Elevation and windage were both very defined and audible in my amature option. Very easy to count clicks on feel. Raise and lower on the locking turrets felt smooth. Parallax and magnification ring were both smooth and firm in a good way. Stuff enough to not accidentally move somehow but not so tight that it couldn’t be moved with 3 fingers. Glass seems bright and clear to my 20 year old eyes. I like the reticle personally, I feel like if hashes go closer than .5mil increments it gets too cluttered and I lose myself in them. Illumination is not very bright on highest setting, can’t see in daylight, but that’s not a major deal breaker for me. Time will tell on how the scope holds up, it’s going on my competition 10/22 so it won’t be getting beat with recoil or anything like that. The 10 yard parallax is one reason why I chose it for my 22. I plan on running a tracking test on it this weekend. If it passes that, then I am beyond impressed!! Just to clarify since it seems to be a major deal on this thread, I bought this scope out right. I have no connection to Athlon whatsoever. Doug at Camera Land NY reached out to me on here, so they are who I called to order from. Doug was not in so I ended up talking to Neil when placing my order. He was honest and upfront about the fact that he had no first hand experience with the Athlon Scopes, and I appreciated that. He did go through all the specs with me and gave me his opinion on what he thought would be best for my application. If anyone is thinking about ordering one of these scopes, I would highly recommend ordering it through Camera Land NY. I will report back on tracking once I get the scope mounted and have a chance to preform a tall target test. Fingers crossed!!

I know Steve123 takes a beating sometimes for his reports on his experiences with Athlon so I thought I would share one of mine. Here is a copy of an email I sent Jeff Robertson at Athlon concerning the Ares 4.5 x 27 I mounted last Friday and shot an ELR match last Saturday:

"Jeff,

Thought I would share this story with you. I built this rifle the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Friday after Thanksgiving, I mounted a ARES 4.5-27 mil /mil scope on it and headed to the range to do the bare minimum of load development /scope sight in/ chronograph work up - less than 40 rds total and went home to load ammo for a match the next day. Saturday, I went to an Extreme Long Range match that had targets between 1516 and 2208 yards. I knew going out that I might have a little trouble going to 2208 yards as all I had laying around for a scope base had 20 MOA slope and I didn't have time to set the base up on the mill and increase the slope. Honestly I didn't think it would matter given my low (non-existent) level of preparation for the match, I figured I would drop out early. I had a first round hit at 1516 yds and again at 1951 yards! Your scope tracks well and the reticle's calibration is on as I didn't have enough travel with a 20 moa base to hit past the 1675 yd target without holdovers! I placed third overall in the match and hit the 2208 yard target with an extreme hold over (3 mils more than the reticle's 10 mil of hold over).

The Ares is a winner and way out preforms it's price point both optically and mechanically!

Respectfully "

Good afternoon,

Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000

I know who's getting my business from now on.

Good afternoon,

Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000

Doug, tbis is why I'm going to give Athlon a shot after talking with you. Customer service is of at utmost importance and unfortunately it has gone by the wayside. I' hoping the scope I ordered is as good as u believe in it. I' sure it will be. I appreciate seeing this past post and you stepping up to the table and it wasn't even your customer. Well done Sir!

Reactions: Foghornleghorn
The new Ares will and the SFP Midas does.

Helos model turrets line up better than the Talos and Argos lines. It has locking 6 mil per rev turrets and is a higher grade of scope.

Are the turrets interchangeable between scopes at All?

Are the turrets interchangeable between scopes at All?

Even if you could get the screw to hold the turret on it wouldnt fit well (different diameters and heights) in addition to the scales then being wrong. Not something worth the time to pursue.

Dhamby, it's there a same fix for the Argos?

A do yourself old solution

And a new solution, if you call them maybe they could send you the plastic washers, I know the new scopes come with them in the box, at least my buddies did two months ago.

I am waiting on an Ares BTR 2.5-15. Going to compare to a Gen I Vortex Razor HD, and a IOR Valdada Recon (at the same magnification level of course) and will try to post pics.

Loving the Ares BTR 4.5-27x50
It's been living on a Varmint .223 and have shot out to 500 yds with it so far.
Love the glass quality particularly in the morning and the accuracy of the turrets.
They are too soft in terms of the click feel, but they line up and are accurate. The return to zero is fantastic and is really handy when in a hurry.

I would like to see some scope caps, cover and sunshade also included.

The eye box on full mag is very touchy but clear when lined up and the reticle is a little thick for varmints up at full mag too but for most of my usage on gongs and goats it does the job nicely.

I bought the scope based on reviews as there were no retailers down in NZ that had any to look through. Athlon could do a better job of some professional advertisement that gives a better understanding for those who do not care to do hours of research (even though you should).

All in all, I find it a well priced scope offering excellent features in the price range. If it clicked like a Vortex and had lockable turrets it would be really tough to go past!

Last edited:
Reactions: BT6.5
I ran an Aries BTR through the ringer. I tried to dial it up and down a few times before each shot. It always returns to zero and the zero stop worked good. I also ran it all the way to the top of elevation many times, where I could not turn it anymore, and that did not have any effect on it. In my experience the turrets are positive clicks and I had no problem finding the dialing solution I was looking for. And, Parallax was stiff at the beginning, but loosened up as I worked it.

Just like any other scope manufacturer, the lower the cost the higher the likelihood you will get a lemon and have some sort of failure when you don't want it. I think the Ares and Cronus Scopes are the only ones I would buy for a rig where I would be dialing firing Solutions.

Reactions: BT6.5
Fellas, I have put together a wee video.

Very basic but gives an idea of the usability and features.

I have found that it dials very accurately and is a good scope for my intended use of gong bashing and hunting.

The video includes the reticle on 27x so you can get an idea of the size.

Ordered the Midas 2-15x seems like the best choice for me right now. Ares probably will be next already compiling list for next build. Had an extra trigger left over from this one.

Have you done the comparison yet?

I did get to compare them over the period of a few days. Here's what I felt with respect to the Ares:
  • The glass quality was very surprising! I didn't anticipate that the clarity would be as bright as it turned out to be. The clarity was actually as good if not a bit better than the Vortex Razor HD. What I mean by better is that the Vortex glass was "warm" as opposed to the Ares which I would call "bright". The IOR Recon though was still noticeably better than both.
  • The eye relief was super forgiving on the Ares at all magnification levels. No tunneling or other major issues discovered.
  • The clicks have been described as mushy, but I would say to me while they weren't near as positive as the Vortex or the IOR, they weren't bad. To me it just felt like either they utilize a smaller detente and/or the clicks were closer together. I did not feel that I would have difficultly counting the clicks.
  • I did notice a slight bit of chromatic aberration at the highest magnification is bright sunlight, but just barely.
  • I have not done a tracking test on the scope yet, but plan on doing that in the next week or two as well and will report back.

In general, I ended up liking the scope so much that I sold my Vortex and put two Ares ETR on order.

Hope that helps.

I did get to compare them over the period of a few days. Here's what I felt with respect to the Ares:
  • The glass quality was very surprising! I didn't anticipate that the clarity would be as bright as it turned out to be. The clarity was actually as good if not a bit better than the Vortex Razor HD. What I mean by better is that the Vortex glass was "warm" as opposed to the Ares which I would call "bright". The IOR Recon though was still noticeably better than both.
  • The eye relief was super forgiving on the Ares at all magnification levels. No tunneling or other major issues discovered.
  • The clicks have been described as mushy, but I would say to me while they weren't near as positive as the Vortex or the IOR, they weren't bad. To me it just felt like either they utilize a smaller detente and/or the clicks were closer together. I did not feel that I would have difficultly counting the clicks.
  • I did notice a slight bit of chromatic aberration at the highest magnification is bright sunlight, but just barely.
  • I have not done a tracking test on the scope yet, but plan on doing that in the next week or two as well and will report back.

In general, I ended up liking the scope so much that I sold my Vortex and put two Ares ETR on order.

Hope that helps.
Thanks my Midas will be in at the end of the month I will report back on it.