• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ati 1911?

balls2elwall

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Tampa, FL
so i was just at my local gun shop and ran across an ATI 1911 style .45 cal 5" style pistol. the price tag is $570.00 new. ive never even heard of ati much less shot one. has anyone had any experience with it? any input could help. oh and i plan on using this for concealed carry.

Re: ati 1911?

Made in Turkey. Just like High Standard .45s. Good? Well stock but will need real parts from Brownell's or other quality vendor. Its not a Colt, Wilson, or Kimber but does send lead down range.

yea i figured for the price i may as well buy it and after a couple hundred round replace alot of the internals. for a hundred or so and still come out way cheaper.

Yep, having just spent almost $900 on a mint Series 70 Colt I can understand. A friend did that with a High Standard. I can't remember where I saw the list, maybe Combat Handguns, but I saw a list of the parts to replace along with part numbers from Brownell's. I think we're look at parts that are cast, hammer, maybe sear, etc. It seemed like it wouldn't be that expensive. These guns come with funneled mag wells, lowered ejection ports, and a decent finish that would be a great base for Duracoat. If you're leaning towards that a more inexpensive gun is the place to practice. Good luck. Spend the money you save on bullets.

thanks for all the advice. i appreciate informed replys and not your typical forum hord lol. thanks again

Take a look at forum.m1911.org this I have found to be an excellent site for 1911 info.