• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Atibal 1-10x FFP

That's fair.

I like it when companies push the technology envelope a little, so I do not mind if something new has a few warts here and there. Eventually they get worked out and we end up with improvements.

If noone was willing to push the envelope, 1-4x would still be state of the art. While 1-4x scopes really work well for a lot of applications, I am really enjoying my 1-8x and like to have options.

ILya

Completely agree. I've found my sweet spot in my 8x FFP.

And you're probably right about that envelope. It wasnt that long ago that 8x LPVs were as rare as hen's teeth. Maybe in a few years 1-10's will be as commonplace is the 6x and 8x are now.

Completely agree. I've found my sweet spot in my 8x FFP.

And you're probably right about that envelope. It wasnt that long ago that 8x LPVs were as rare as hen's teeth. Maybe in a few years 1-10's will be as commonplace is the 6x and 8x are now.

When March introduced their 1-8x24 FFP scope, it was, I think, the first such design and I think I was among the first to play with one.

Illumination was a little weak, but as a general purpose LPVO, it was and still is absolutely superb. It is not quite as good on 1x as some others that came later, but with its sidefocus, it is absolutely excellent on 8x. March 1-8x may not have become all that popular because of some March idiosyncrasies, but I bet it was a kick in the pants for the competition to get moving on higher erector ratios.

ILya

I really want to try one of these on an AR, just haven’t built up the courage to risk the $500 on it.

Reading the article, the only thing that I made a note of concern is the FOV, 100 ft at 100 yd is not the widest view. Other than that, this could certainly be interesting. With 30 MIL in the reticle, this could be usable on a 22LR as well.

I'm trying this scope on my Ruger Custom Shop Competition 10/22. Might even wait for the gray. Love the reticle, I'm doing it. Most 1power reticles suck, this is a winner.

The idea behind a 1-10x scope is not really 3-gun use. It is a further attempt to make a true general purpose scope intended to cover everything from CQB to mid/long range. It is sort of a natural progression that started with 1-4x scopes, then onto 1-6x, then 1-8x. The next logical step is 1-10x. However, based on what I have seen so far, once you get to this erector ratio (at least with currently available options), we should be either looking into designs that incorporate sidefocus like March did, or set it up so that the focsu distance changes with magnification.

ILya

I've been watching your Youtube videos recently and was interested in your comments on the LPVO design.
You stated that unless you truly need 1x then a LPVO is not the scope for you.

Is the reason behind the lack of 1-10x options in that there is little market for them and they are hard to make, so manufacturers just don't bother?
I've recently bought a 1-6 LPVO, whilst it's fun to use and suits a particular purpose, I can't help but feel it's still relatively specialized and would find a 2-10 or 2-12 would work almost as well for close range but be much better for general purpose.

I've been watching your Youtube videos recently and was interested in your comments on the LPVO design.
You stated that unless you truly need 1x then a LPVO is not the scope for you.

Is the reason behind the lack of 1-10x options in that there is little market for them and they are hard to make, so manufacturers just don't bother?
I've recently bought a 1-6 LPVO, whilst it's fun to use and suits a particular purpose, I can't help but feel it's still relatively specialized and would find a 2-10 or 2-12 would work almost as well for close range but be much better for general purpose.

IOR does a 1 to 10, not sure I want to spend $2k for a 22LR, but it was a scope they made for 3 gun. 1 power is important to me... 2 or even 1.5 power doesnt work as well with both eyes open when trying to use the glass as a red dot. I looked at about 10 scopes at cabelas yesterday, wasnt to happy with them. They all had BDC reticles which suck for what I'm trying to do. I do want an adjustable paralox ..

Last edited:
Did that Larue workout for you?
I use two of them (not for this optic), and they're very solid mounts at a very nice price point. They are my go-to for AR height QD mounts these days.

I had a chance to try this scope. I got it with the bobro QD mount, but the cantilever was not good for my flattop rifle, it either pushed scope to far out or to far into my eye relief so I sent it back for a "straight-up" AD mount. The bobro mount was sweet, it just didnt work for my rifle.

I posted a video of the track test I did. I wasnt expecting to get dialing capabilities but I was still curious...so I tested it. I'll be holding over with this glass,

Check out my video

I can tell you this scope does a pretty darn good job at 10 power as I intended to use it. 8 just doesn't allow me to see a postage stamp at 100 yards, but 10 power does.
8 doesnt let me see my groups as clearly as I would like at 100 yards...but 10 does.

I wanted a redot (1X) and 10X in one package and I didnt want to exceed the price of the rifle, in my case a Ruger Custom Shop Competition 10/22. This scope was perfect for what I needed.

20191202_183304.jpg

Attachments

• 20191202_183249.jpg
    20191202_183249.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 25
Any update/consensus on these now that they’ve been around a little bit longer? Thinking about ordering one.

Any update/consensus on these now that they’ve been around a little bit longer? Thinking about ordering one.
I got 1 in a trade in an LT204, haven't shot with it yet.

Just checking it out, I'd agree it's better on 10x than 1x. 1x isn't terrible, but it's not like looking thru an Aimpoint.