• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Atlas bipod--sucks

Re: Atlas bipod--sucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm from Central Florida (Lake County) and know all about Florida sand (grove and sugar types).

Josh </div></div>
So you know the drill bro. I probably still have sand in my skivvies from last year LOL

Wow, Thanks Mark, we are trying our best to get caught up and get the wait back down to 6-8 weeks
smile.gif

DUB19K, admittingly I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand what you are expressing in your post. Are you saying when firing multiple shots from a fixed position your experience is; "when you load your bipod with weight and it changes your poi every time like the atlas it's shit... If you put any weight into the the bi-pod your poa changes.."?

BattleAxe, Not trying to be a dick here but you and DUB19K seem to be from the same "TEAM BATTLEAXE" and apparently had the same experience shooting from the Atlas. I want to acknowledge that you are right when stating; "Manufacturers won't improve their products if we continuously blow sunshine up their skirts."

My question to you is; Did you contact the manufacturer about the issues you were experiencing?

Regarding; “Secondly I'm not questioning your background or experience but I will absolutely question equipment that I pay for, including equipment my tax dollar pays for in the form of govt. contracts. The real issue here is not me or anything I said about the Atlas. The issue is that we can't give an honest opinion about a piece of equipment based on real world experience. Doing so is the equivelant of screaming "Justin Beiber blows" in a room full of schoolgirls then out come the groupies to discredit you even if your assessment 100% spot-on.”

May I ask what your profession and qualifications are?

Please understand, some of our customers work for Uncle Sam, they came out of their own pocket and paid for an Atlas to T&E, then they bought more and continue to do so. We are quite proud of those guys frankly and it is a point of pride for us as a company to have them as customers. And on that note, we could whore those relationships out and make additional sales, but have chosen a more humble path. To be clear, the actual operators tried them first, they did not fall for the “hype” and blindly send a clerk to purchase them. So maybe you have a different definition of “groupies”, I prefer “satisfied customer”.

As far as "SH hype" and giving me a blow, please understand we had 4 original T&E guys for the Atlas before we introduced the V7. AFTER its introduction we had guys shooting heavies with the legs at the 45 which were disengaging under recoil so we changed the design to the V8 (and to date we still have people asking us for V7's as they like that design better!). We will continue to listen to candid objective feedback in an effort to build a better product, "it sucks" or blaming gear for environmental issues does not warrant much attention. I know what our efforts are and believe the "hype" comes from customers experience and belief in a company and their products not a promotional campaign.

To be clear, I honestly appreciate candid feedback, as I want to build the best we can. However, just because your opinion differs from the majority of opinions does not mean you are right or wrong, just means that is YOUR EXPERIENCE and in YOUR mind your “assessment 100% spot-on”.

These are my opinions, yours may differ and I'll look forward to your answers.

Hey Kasey, has the AI spigot for the V8.1 come out yet? Sorry for the hijack.

Kasey,

I'll be happy to answer your questions but forgive me if I come across as "irritated". Because I am irritated, not at you but more at myself for allowing myself to get drawn into this shit. I won't address every comment for brevity sake but will hit the high points...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUB19K, admittingly I'm a bit slow, but I don't understand what you are expressing in your post. Are you saying when firing multiple shots from a fixed position your experience is; "when you load your bipod with weight and it changes your poi every time like the atlas it's shit... If you put any weight into the the bi-pod your poa changes.."?

BattleAxe, Not trying to be a dick here but you and DUB19K seem to be from the same "TEAM BATTLEAXE" and apparently had the same experience shooting from the Atlas. I want to acknowledge that you are right when stating; "Manufacturers won't improve their products if we continuously blow sunshine up their skirts."
</div></div>

Dub is my son. He's in the Army and just returned from a tour in Iraq. After a few drinks with the boys to blow off some steam he decided to post his opinion which <span style="font-style: italic">clearly </span>could hve been communicated differently. He knows this and is unlikely to repeat it. That said, he didn't exactly squash a bag of kittens in front of a convent either so given what he just went through I'll give him a pass on that one. There's far worse he could be doing so ruffling a few feathers on a forum isn't exactly new. I likely would have never posted my experiences with it if it weren't for a few drama queens who's identity is defined solely by the equipment they own. That said he actually fired my rifle and knows of this problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question to you is; Did you contact the manufacturer about the issues you were experiencing?</div></div>

I didn't feel I needed to nor did I have any obligation to. It technically wasn't broke. The ability of the head to tilt fore and aft is built into the unit. Its simply a feature I didn't like and it negatively affected my performance so I sold it to someone that might appreciate it. I run a business and work 12-14 hour days so it wasn't in my interest to attempt to diagnose this any further given that there are several other choices that don't have this design feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May I ask what your profession and qualifications are?</div></div>

I evaluate commercial and residential buildings for prospective purchasers. One click on my website link and you can read my bio but if I must go further I'm also a weapons FANATIC. I joined the Navy at 17 and made a career out of it. Having had the pleasure to serve amongst the finest operators on the planet and play with the best toys, this merely fueled that passion.

My background is in engineering...a Flight Engineer to be exact. I suppose that's a cross between a structural, mechanical, and electrical engineer. I did a stint on the Navy Drill Team, was on my base's rifle/pistol team, and shot at the Pac Fleet matches in San Diego. Unfortunately given that I was in a critical MOS I couldn't pursue my passion due to deplayments and a few wars/conflicts....Until 4 years ago when I started my business.

Qualifications? I don't wear them on my sleeve and I'm secure enough in my talents not to have to. That and there's only so much personal information I'm willing to share in a world full of people trying to steal it. That said, this year alone I've already spent $5000 on ammo and its only May, so trust me when I say that I know my way around a rifle and my equipment gets "used".

Does this make me a bipod expert? Certainly not and nowhere did I pretend to be.

Does it qualify me to honestly evaluate one? That question will be answered by the consumers reading this Kasey...not you or I.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please understand, some of our customers work for Uncle Sam, they came out of their own pocket and paid for an Atlas to T&E, then they bought more and continue to do so. We are quite proud of those guys frankly and it is a point of pride for us as a company to have them as customers. And on that note, we could whore those relationships out and make additional sales, but have chosen a more humble path. To be clear, the actual operators tried them first, they did not fall for the “hype” and blindly send a clerk to purchase them. So maybe you have a different definition of “groupies”, I prefer “satisfied customer”. </div></div>

I can't apologize for the groupies comment. This thread is just one of many that get populated by <span style="font-style: italic">some</span>that may never actually use a piece of gear enough to uncover problems like this. Gun onwers number in the tens of millions and only a small percent spend time in the forums. Add to that the fact that most of the units you sell to the general public will not be put through its paces and well...you get the picture. I personally felt that based on its performance that it was an overhyped piece of gear. Its a bipod for christ sake...it aint a freakin magic bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will continue to listen to candid objective feedback in an effort to build a better product, "it sucks" or blaming gear for environmental issues does not warrant much attention. I know what our efforts are and believe the "hype" comes from customers experience and belief in a company and their products not a promotional campaign.</div></div>

Bipods are intended to be used "in the environment". Outside in the muck, rocks, sand etc. Hell I could look at each of my bipods and they <span style="text-decoration: underline">all </span>have a particular weakness at a particular task so this is not about picking on Atlas. I simply shoot more than average and in varying conditions and as a result uncovered what I felt was a design feature that negatively affected my performance. If a piece of kit doesn't perform in a certain environment, its not the environments fault unless the operator places it in an environment beyond its design limitations. Considering I did nothing more than lay behind it in a fairly normal shooting environment, I'm comfortable in saying that its not something I did to it beyond use it as intended. When you throw your hat in the ring of the consumer, your product is going to be evaluated by those consumers <span style="font-style: italic">regardless </span>of their background.

I have nothing against you guys and I'm not a spy for another bipod manufacturer. I am purely a shooter who uses his gear and if I uncover a problem with it I typically keep it to myself to avoid this freakin drama queen shit. Your world will not come to an end because I wasn't happy with the product.

Everyone, my intent was to point out the merits of a good piece of kit. It was not intended to stir the pot, bait, etc. My apologies for that since it obviously occurred.

I used it yesterday and today with the .300wm(AICS 700P) with factory Black Hills Match (190 SMK) That it screaming by the way(3025). I went to 800 yesterday and 1200 today and had no vertical shifts in impact from the bipod.

I don't have any stake in promoting any product here or elsewhere. What I do like to do if it helps the manufacturer, dealer etc is bring more attention to the products they offer to us in the shooting community. Companies that are a bit more responsive with product development benefit by having more exposure on the forums as they receive more feedback and can make improvements from this information.

I do wish the non collared knob on the legs were still available though.

Kasey, thank you and look forward to future business.

Mark

Just got mine mounted. What a great piece of kit.

Not the easiest to get onto a TRG... but with a surplus piece of Pic Rail and a Bridgeport... I made a custom under-stock rail and it mounted right up.

atlas1.jpg

atlas2.jpg

Swivel is fantastic. Can't wait to try it on movers. And the 45 degree lock gets the rifle down way lower than my old bipod.

All I can say WRT the Atlas: it's worth every nickel and every day of waiting. Outstanding product.

Cheers,

I'm finishing up a certain course and have roughly ran approx 3000-4000 RDs of 118LR and a couple hundred rounds of of MK248, In the last Month and a half shooting out to as far as 1000 meters. I've ran the Atlas Bipod through various positions, shooting off an apex of a rooftop side prone, hoods of vehicles, sitting and many other other various positions along with stress related events with rough abuse in full kit and helmet. I can definitely say that the Atlas bipod does offer a distinct advantage over the standard Harris Bipod. As far as the POA issue is concerned I can say that it may be weapon or operator headspace and timing. I havn't ran into any POA issues as described and I load my bipods very heavily. But everyone is different in their shooting some just better than others. And BTW I by no means are a SH fanatic with a need to hype a product.

Patriotoutlaw, thank you I appreciate that!

Ashland, the modified BT19 blocks are now being shipped.

Battleaxe, thank you for your service. Your irritation is noted and source of same recognized.

I also appreciate your son’s service, so please tell him as much. And also please note I only asked for clarity from him on his experience, and made no judgment. So while you will “give him a pass on that one”, this obliges no one else to do the same and labeling those that disagree with him “drama queens who's identity is defined solely by the equipment they own” gets us where?

Regarding your contacting us, you did post; “Manufacturers won't improve their products if we continuously blow sunshine up their skirts.” But you are right, the consumer has no obligation to contact the manufacturer to share observations/experiences with their product as it is not in your “interest”. But nor is there an “obligation” to post your same observations/experience on the www, but you chose to because doing so is in your “interest”?

Regarding your profession and qualifications, thanks for sharing. However stating you’ve spent $5000.00 on ammo, really says nothing in relation to how many rounds were fired. For the record, I spent about 350.00 on 500 rounds of 7.62 x 51 and shot them all in 90 minutes.

You’ve asked me to trust you based on nothing other than what you have posted on the www….How about I simply accept your experience and your opinion as just that.

Regarding your groupie comment, you are missing my point. I am honored to have the customers we do and am extremely honored to have the quality of customers we have and I am humbled when I see our customers sharing their experience with others. And it is over the top for us to have any of these professionals post on the www in support of our products. And again, you are stating as if the issue you have with the Atlas SHOULD be an issue with ALL shooters that use it. That is simply not the case.

I respectfully ask that you read the posts to this thread, and give each the same level of respect and value that you are demanding and you’ll see you are in the minority. And to accuse the majority of being “groupies” because they disagree with the minority does not make a good argument.

The reason I chose to post to this thread is you acting like you and your son’s experience should be the deciding factor for all shooters, and when you posted; “I will absolutely question equipment that I pay for, including equipment my tax dollar pays for in the form of govt. contracts.”. Again, the reason we got any “govt. contracts” is because guys that are actually carry long guns into battle bought the Atlas to T&E the Atlas THEMSELVES, for months, then and only then, did we see such orders come in. To suggest that they simply read the posts on the www and placed an order is a dis-credit to them and I will not let such a perception stand un-challenged.

Environment, you missed my point, which is that if the terra-firma isn’t, but rather loose sand and your rifle recoils, something is moving. As a civilian shooter shooting from a fixed position, a shooting mat comes in handy. Be assured we built the Atlas to be used in all environments.

And again, your opinion of the Atlas is just that, your opinion. There are and will be consumers that do not like our products for a variety of reasons, my goal is to strive towards reducing that number based on improving our products, based on objective feedback, I owe that to our customers.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Finally, to be clear, your reference to government contracts in regards to the Atlas is without merit and is a dis-credit to those that serve. </span>

mark5pt, I took your OP as intended and laughed, thanks. Sorry about the ridge, do you see any value to it?

Sirhrmechanis, thanks, I hope you get some value from it on the range as well. And it’s a bit late as you have resolved it but our BT28 works in the accessory slot/rail.

Gits, thanks for your service and for sharing your experience. I'd like to learn more, PM sent.

Listen Kasey, turning this into an exercise in circular logic will not change the experience I had with the Atlas. Ever.

And your cheap inuendos about my experience or how many rounds I actually fire, while entertaining are still...well...just cheap inuendos.

Thanking me for my service in one breath, and insulting me in the next, and I'm a discredit to those that serve? Mr. Obama...is that you?

This is a forun Kasey. We come here to learn, share ideas, and experiences with equipment. If you are looking for Shangri La where everyone holds hands and thinks alike you're going to be very disappointed.

Did I make a few comments that were a little abrasive? Sure I did. I'm a man and as such and I say exactly what's on my mind. However if you're looking for a retraction you've got a better chance of seeing Allah.

In the end Kasey, YOU are turning this into something that it is absolutely not, and you're doing it in a very public place. For every member that chimes in support, there are 50 others that just sit back and make a mental note. You would be well served to realize this fact as this will not reflect negatively on me.

I'm not the one trying to sell bipods.

BX,

You did insult his product and everyone who uses them as bandwagon groupies, before he said a word. So basically, the insulting starts and ends with you because you didn't like something you insulted everyone who does.

I like Atlas bipods, pretty much have one on every rifle, unless I don't which isn't many. I find it more effective than a Harris, and more versatile too. I suppose being the ringleader in this farce, the groupies are mine... appreciated it.

In reading your account, odds are, you're loading your bipod too heavily, especially in the canted position. Sounds like, even tightened you are pushing it down, when really at a 45 it needs next to no loading. The objective of loading the bipod is to take any slop out of the system. In designs with no slop, like a Harris, you simply stack dead weight behind the rifle to maintain a "slight" forward pressure. If you watch any video I have shot with an Atlas at an Angle, you dont see me pushing into it. Now, I understand, I am attempting to diagnose an issue over the internet based on words, not images, but having seen it a time or two, the number one issue with people and loading a bipod is too much pressure, those who don't know about loading use not enough. That happy middle ground is sometimes fuzzy for people.

Kasey is a passionate manufacturer who takes his products serious as well as the feedback from people who use his products seriously. This was a complaint of your, manufacturers who put a product out in a take or leave it fashion. Now, this is more cost effective for a company as well, it can be less of a PR nightmare, as a lot of people, who spend their hard earned money on product don't like it when they buy V7 and then V8 comes out. Computer people have made a ton off making things obsolete with that very take or leave it attitude. Gun people not so much.

Constructive criticism helps, everyone, blatant attacks, charges of everyone being bandwagon groupies because something didn't work for you, serves only your feelings, that everyone else is wrong, because you have to be right. It didn't work for you, therefore, they are full of shit and only swim with the current. It happens everyday, people read I like Accuracy International rifles, buy one at considerable costs, hate the stock and get a SAKO TRG and love it. So are every AI user wrong not to get a TRG, it's cheaper, and feels better -- to someone.

I think you are the one who looks foolish here. Having an issue is fine, being able to say, X happened and I would like Y to fix it works... saying you all suck doesn't.

I know Kasey, I know he is sincere in his respect for everyone's service, I know he is passionate about his product and the people who use it. However being in business there are good customers and bad ones, I always recommend cutting the bad and focusing on the good, even if they have a problem, good customers can have a problem. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. You seem to be confused on which is which.

No circular logic here, just trying to gently help you. Again reference your posts and you'll discover you are the one name calling and making disparaging remarks.

I fully accept your opinion and experience for what it was/is. You should accept the fact the majority do not share your position. And to that point, to insinuate that govt contracts were awarded to us based on internet "hype" is without merit.

I do respect your service, but your time in the service does not give you or anyone license to say whatever un-challenged. Should I ask if you are John Murtha?

I understand the medium you chose to slander my products and business in, and as such accept it as the medium to which we will muddle through. I have no illusions in that regard but again, I will not let you or anyone make disparaging comments about our products in regards to govt. contracts go un-challenged. Do you understand this?

I expect no retraction from you, it is obvious you had no idea how our govt. contracts came to be. But now that you do I hope you'll not make that mistake again. It is further obvious your definition of "a man" differs from mine, as the men I most respect have the ability to acknowledge when wrong, make corrections and move on.

I must say you are a challenge to reason with. You come to your sons defense and then complain when called out on your posts. Then when I finally respond to your posts on PAGE 6, in response to your reference of govt. contracts, you conclude I am turning this into something it is not. To be clear, there is no loss of www perception on my part, I'm being very transparent here with ZERO agendas other than what I have stated, I'm very comfortable with my on-line reputation as it mirrors my off-line life.

One last correction, we are not trying to sell bipods, we are selling them and remain with a 6-10 week backlog.

edited to change "then" to "the"

Lowlight, I appreciate and thank you for your support.

And for the record, in our conversations you have made it perfectly clear to me that if a better product comes along that serves your shooting style better, you will then be using that product and this includes bipods.

This reality from you as well as consumers in general is what motivates me make better products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a man and as such and I say exactly what's on my mind. </div></div>

You are an ignorant asshole

(does that make me a man)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm a man and as such and I say exactly what's on my mind. </div></div>

You are an ignorant asshole

(does that make me a man)

</div></div>

....and, I second what Chanonry has stated above!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are an ignorant asshole

(does that make me a man) </div></div>

Actually that makes you and your buddy cowards. You hide behind a rock and wait until someone like Frank to walk in who makes some good points in a respectful manner and you ride his coattails and jam a stick in my spokes as I ride by.

Wear your new screennames with pride.

I'm working now but will respond to the rest later.

I like mine. They work better than anything else on the market. I had a slight issue with the design and contacted Kasey, he redesigned the bipod and it now is about perfect. Not exactly blowing sunshine up a manufacturers ass.

I have shot mine in every imaginable configuration, 90 degrees, 45 forward and back, one each way, turned sideways, etc. I have never experienced the POA change you speak of. I see how it is physically possible, but not realistically.

If someone does not like the Atlas...cool, they are not for everybody. But directing spite at the manufacturer and calling us all ignorant pouges for not seeing it your way is the wrong way to go about voicing your dislike of a product.

Your accusations are ignorant, Kasey is as good as it gets is supporting and listening to his customers and the "groupies" support him because the product really is that good.

If you don't like the Atlas...don't run one, simple solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are an ignorant asshole

Actually that makes you and your buddy cowards. You hide behind a rock and wait until someone like Frank to walk in who makes some good points in a respectful manner and you ride his coattails and jam a stick in my spokes as I ride by.

I'm working now but will respond to the rest later. </div></div>

I love this place. No disrespect intended to either party. Cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BX,

You did insult his product and everyone who uses them as bandwagon groupies, before he said a word. So basically, the insulting starts and ends with you because you didn't like something you insulted everyone who does.

I like Atlas bipods, pretty much have one on every rifle, unless I don't which isn't many. I find it more effective than a Harris, and more versatile too. I suppose being the ringleader in this farce, the groupies are mine... appreciated it.

In reading your account, odds are, you're loading your bipod too heavily, especially in the canted position. Sounds like, even tightened you are pushing it down, when really at a 45 it needs next to no loading. The objective of loading the bipod is to take any slop out of the system. In designs with no slop, like a Harris, you simply stack dead weight behind the rifle to maintain a "slight" forward pressure. If you watch any video I have shot with an Atlas at an Angle, you dont see me pushing into it. Now, I understand, I am attempting to diagnose an issue over the internet based on words, not images, but having seen it a time or two, the number one issue with people and loading a bipod is too much pressure, those who don't know about loading use not enough. That happy middle ground is sometimes fuzzy for people.

Kasey is a passionate manufacturer who takes his products serious as well as the feedback from people who use his products seriously. This was a complaint of your, manufacturers who put a product out in a take or leave it fashion. Now, this is more cost effective for a company as well, it can be less of a PR nightmare, as a lot of people, who spend their hard earned money on product don't like it when they buy V7 and then V8 comes out. Computer people have made a ton off making things obsolete with that very take or leave it attitude. Gun people not so much.

Constructive criticism helps, everyone, blatant attacks, charges of everyone being bandwagon groupies because something didn't work for you, serves only your feelings, that everyone else is wrong, because you have to be right. It didn't work for you, therefore, they are full of shit and only swim with the current. It happens everyday, people read I like Accuracy International rifles, buy one at considerable costs, hate the stock and get a SAKO TRG and love it. So are every AI user wrong not to get a TRG, it's cheaper, and feels better -- to someone.

I think you are the one who looks foolish here. Having an issue is fine, being able to say, X happened and I would like Y to fix it works... saying you all suck doesn't.

I know Kasey, I know he is sincere in his respect for everyone's service, I know he is passionate about his product and the people who use it. However being in business there are good customers and bad ones, I always recommend cutting the bad and focusing on the good, even if they have a problem, good customers can have a problem. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. You seem to be confused on which is which. </div></div>

Frank,
Let me start by saying that I have the utmost respect for you. This is hands-down the best place on the web for precision shooting. I simply could not do what you do...to tolerate this crap (including me) every single day unless I had a mechanism in my screen to jab a sharp stick through. That said I'm here for one reason. To learn as much as I can so I can pursue my passion. I spend a lot of money with your vendors...a <span style="font-size: 14pt">LOT </span>of money, as does many other members.

I am not an elitist snob and I know what its like to live in poverty so I don't ask for anything in return as the information here is payback enough. But I do ask you for one thing from one veteran to another...lets not pretend that I'm the only dickhead in the room.

This forum is a testosterone swamp. You know and live this every day Frank. Had I walked into the room wearing bunny slippers and passing out candy you can't honestly tell me that the results would have been much different. Had I had the time or inclination I could show you 50 threads without much effort that would prove my point and again...you and <span style="text-decoration: underline">everyone</span>knows this. You either walk in like you got a pair or wait outside on the porch.

If you go back to my first posts in this thread they were relatively benign. Abrasive? Sure. We're not girls are we? I attempted to humor and diffuse the situation but I draw a line in the sand when it comes to my boy. I'll be the first to state that he was a dumbass. He knows it as does everyone else but as a father he could have poked a puppy in the eye and I promise you I'd own the first bitch to jump on him and I can't appologize for being a Dad. While I surely wanted to defend my son, that "want" does not cloud my judgement of the bipod.

As for the bipod, my appraisal of it is unoquivically not related to my son's treatment. Its a well rounded piece that performs well in many environments and is surely not a piece of crap. However, I owned one and it didn't wow me so I sold it. With the range situation being what it is here (I'll save that for another conversation) there was one range not too far from here that very few knew about. They had a 200 yd range in the back of the property that was largey unused. There were no benches, platforms, etc and I had the wild idea to sneak off into the bush and do some real world shooting from cover including logs, trees, and primarily sand.

As stated in an earlier post the sand here is like sugar and everything you park on it sinks and shifts. I was using this range exclusively at the time I tried out the atlas. What I found was that in certain situations I actually did have to load it heavily to maintain PAO after a shot but given the conditions it was extremely difficult to build a good shooting position. I liked it that way. I carried nothing but a backpack and rifle and essentially played Rambo in the bushes shooting from positions I couldn't get away with at other locations. Did I load it too heavily? No, I loaded it as heavily as needed to maintain POA given condiitons.

What I found was that many of the positions I assumed required me to shoot off of a rest that was <span style="text-decoration: underline">moving</span>, whether it was sand, a log (which was parked on moving sand) etc. When your surface moves underneath you you pretty much need a bipod that does not move at all or you merely add <span style="font-style: italic">more </span>movement into the equation. That said, the Atlas moves. Its designed to. While surely not a flaw it simply wasn't the best tool for the task at hand. There nothing more to it than that.

Was there a way to continue to use the Atlas to minimize movement? Hell I'm sure there was but I had another option...a Harris that does not move once locked in place. It simply suited the conditions better and unlike the Atlas, the claws aren't mounted on ball joints (another source of movement). Clearly the Harris has many weaknesses where I'm sure the Atlas would outshine it but that's the way it is. No two rifles are the same and no bipod out there is truly a one-size-fits-all for all conditions. Compromises must be made to have a well balanced piece. If I were to judge the Atlas purely on its well-roundedness I don't have a harsh word to say about it but to my point...its just a bipod...not a magic bipod and that statement holds true for <span style="text-decoration: underline">all </span>bipods. It is not always the best tool for the job.

There's no alterior motive or conspiracy here Frank. Did I insult Kasey? Sure I did and from where I sit I feel he deserved it and that might not change. You can read why I feel this way in my response to him.

Lastly, my apologies to you for having to deal with this when surely you have more important things to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While surely not a flaw it simply wasn't the best tool for the task at hand. There nothing more to it than that. </div></div>

And yet you find the need to come in here and talk down the product, the manufacturer and the users...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't like the Atlas...don't run one, simple solution.</div></div>

By the way, your son is in the Army, he can take care of himself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No circular logic here, just trying to gently help you. Again reference your posts and you'll discover you are the one name calling and making disparaging remarks.

I fully accept your opinion and experience for what it was/is. You should accept the fact the majority do not share your position. And to that point, to insinuate that govt contracts were awarded to us based on internet "hype" is without merit.

I do respect your service, but your time in the service does not give you or anyone license to say whatever un-challenged. Should I ask if you are John Murtha?

I understand the medium you chose to slander my products and business in, and as such accept it as the medium to which we will muddle through. I have no illusions in that regard but again, I will not let you or anyone make disparaging comments about our products in regards to govt. contracts go un-challenged. Do you understand this?

I expect no retraction from you, it is obvious you had no idea how our govt. contracts came to be. But now that you do I hope you'll not make that mistake again. It is further obvious your definition of "a man" differs from mine, as the men I most respect have the ability to acknowledge when wrong, make corrections and move on.

I must say you are a challenge to reason with. You come to your sons defense and then complain when called out on your posts. Then when I finally respond to your posts on PAGE 6, in response to your reference of govt. contracts, you conclude I am turning this into something it is not. To be clear, there is no loss of www perception on my part, I'm being very transparent here with ZERO agendas other than what I have stated, I'm very comfortable with my on-line reputation as it mirrors my off-line life.

One last correction, we are not trying to sell bipods, we are selling them and remain with a 6-10 week backlog.

edited to change "then" to "the" </div></div>

First off Kasey, don't pretend for a minute to be a choir boy in this. You walked into the room waving your dick around just like me and everyone else, and as a result I stepped on it, so stop playing the victim. When it comes to you and I this is not about the bipod or my son.

I own a business where peoples life savings rely on my evaluations. I have to be 1000% honest and there are several things I cannot do...

*I can't sugarcoat a turd
*I can't be unfair or biased
*I can't over/understate a problem

And lastly I cannot minimize my clients concerns. Key word here being "clients" or "customers". There is one more thing I cannot do and that's argue with a customer which is something you clearly have not learned. I'm not always right Kasey but I can promise you one thing with certainty...I am <span style="font-style: italic">always </span>the customer.

I pushed your buttons because you asked for it. You used thinly veiled inuendos to insult me when my intent was not to insult you at all. My comment about government contracts were <span style="text-decoration: underline">not </span>intended to imply that you guys were somehow ripping of the government AT ALL! I wouldn't do that to you or anyone without justification.

I was merely stating that when I pay good money for a product and I pay that money <span style="text-decoration: underline">TWICE</span> through my tax dollar I'll be goddamned if ANYONE is going to tell me that I cannot comment on its performance. PERIOD! I would absolutely never make shit up or overstate an issue to hurt someones business, even if that someone turned out to be an idiot.

After bowing up against me how do you think any of your other customers are going to handle a problem with one of your products? Do you think maybe that they'll fear the ridicule you've unfairly heaped on me? Shake your head north and south Kasey because there's only one correct answer here.

There are a lot of young guys here that spend what little money they have on products they have never seen and touched. Their choice is based on nothing more than warrior "A" uses item "B" so that's the way to go. As a result of their inexperience they're very unlikley to utter a word about any problem given the drama it creates or ridicule they'll face.

Is that what you want? Customer satisfaction through intimidation?

The fact here is that this thread has had more than 2500 views and maybe 70 responses and in your mind that equals overwhelming support in your favor, but I say this in all sincerety Kasey...I'm really glad your not my accountant.

I'm pissed at you Kasey and I'll admit to the world that I purposely pushed your buttons for one reason...you argued with a customer in a room full of customers and as I've stated before that doesn't reflect negatively on me in the least.

I could go on but I won't. You more than anyone here, (even LL) had the power to diffuse this had you simply treated me as a customer and you <span style="font-style: italic">chose </span>to not to. But I'm going to show you what kind of person I am. I'm going to give you something you and others are unwilling to give to my son...a "pass" and an apology.

If I insulted you or others with my "groupies" comment you have my sincere apology. Your product while not for me is a solid piece and I'd recommend it to anyone that was looking for a well rounded bipod.

This thread has already consumed more of my life than needed so if the rest of you want to flame away...giddyup

You can't hurt my e-feelings

" I'm not always right Kasey but I can promise you one thing with certainty...I am always the customer."

You know what, I am so sick of this damn mentality that is becoming all to pervasive now days. "I have a few dollars in my hand I might send your way so you need to swallow all dignity and kiss my ass no matter how badly I treat or speak to you." Just because they own a business does NOT mean someone is your b**tch that you can speak to however you please and he should go cowering off into a corner like a beaten dog. He should be able stand up and come back at you for slinging ridiculous crap at him. In fact, I f**king applaud him for it and when my next two rifles get here they will be both wearing ATLAS bipods because not only is it a good product, the owner isnt a cowering b**ch that changes his story for every person who has $5 in their hands like a cheap hooker.

You sound like most of the guys I throw out of my bar, only they are drunk and have an excuse. "Dude I bought a beer, I'm a customer, you cant tell me to stop acting like an asshole." You know what? I can, here is your $3 back, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. And don't forget to tell all of your friends too because I know assholes travel in herds. And somehow, we have managed to stay very profitable in our business
in an area where places are closing and opening regularly.

Damn, I didnt want to say anything here, but that just broke me there.

Im not an ATLAS fanboy, but your working hard to turn me into one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, I am so sick of this damn mentality </div></div>No one has twisted your arm to read it. I worked as a bouncer for several years and clearly you've never been sued. Try it sometime. Bullies are not treated kindly by the court system. Maybe you can get your buddies to bail you out before you get your chocolate starfish pierced by Bubba the Love Sponge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what, I am so sick of this damn mentality </div></div>No one has twisted your arm to read it. I worked as a bouncer for several years and clearly you've never been sued. Try it sometime. Bullies are not treated kindly by the court system. Maybe you can get your buddies to bail you out before you get your chocolate starfish pierced by Bubba the Love Sponge. </div></div>

Had to come back and add that last little part didnt you? Real big MAN stuff there hoss. It really took you that long to come up with that pathetic little post quip? 3 full minutes?!Didnt bubba the love sponge leave FL over 10 years ago or something? Got any other jokes stashed back there from the Bush senior or Clinton era? Seriously, if your going to talk about bullying, leave your schoolyard jabs at home.

And Im not a bully, your "im a customer" is actually the bully tactic that I was referring to. Slow down, read carefully turn on brain first, speak second. You and you drunk son were the ones who came in here talking s**t and basically picking fights. Now you want to talk about bullying? SERIOUSLY? You seem to have some serious flaws in your logic.

Dont bother slinging one of your pathetic out of date jabs at me on the way out. Im a little old for that school yard insult crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are an ignorant asshole

I'm working now but will respond to the rest later.</div></div>

Don't mix your metaphor's, go look up irony in the dictionary.

My post had nothing to do with Frank's comments on bipod or technique.

I was merely pointing out that you are behaving like an ignorant asshole rather than " a man". I was trying to give you some "feedback' in a style you can relate to. You can obviously give it but can't take it huh?

Some man

NLY and Chanonry,

Who do Einstein's think this hurts when you sneak in a jab and bump this thread to the top? Do you know how the internet works?

How about lets just cool it already and move on with life. If you really want to support Kasey and Frank you'd do them more justice by just letting it go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NLY and Chanonry,

Who do Einstein's think this hurts when you sneak in a jab and bump this thread to the top? Do you know how the internet works?

How about lets just cool it already and move on with life. If you really want to support Kasey and Frank you'd do them more justice by just letting it go.</div></div>

Says the man who stirred the fuckin' pot in the first place. After reading YOUR posts and those of your "boy", I can tell he didn't fall far from the tree, and not in a good sense.

Throughout this entire thread, you have displayed very poor conduct and some of the most childish behavior that I've had the displeasure of witnessing on the 'Hide.

No one is asking you to keep your "review" of the Atlas to yourself but there is a right way and a wrong way of going about things and clearly, you chose the wrong way. But, hey, you were "a bouncer for several years" so you're a big boy and you'll say and do what you want, huh?

When I had a (minor) issue with my bipod/monopod, I CALLED Kasey and he rectified the situation. If I had made a complete ASS of myself on here, (doing the bang-up job of it as you continue to do), I'm certain that I would've received very little assistance. I wouldn't have blamed Kasey one bit had he told me to where to shove my bipod/monopod.

You would do well to remember that you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Now, you're saying that we'd be "really supporting" Kasey and Frank by letting this whole thing go, but only after you've made a complete JACKASS of yourself with nearly every post you've made in this topic. Personally, I wish they would STICKY this topic as a perfect example of what NOT to do or how NOT to act when an issue needs to be addressed with a certain product which happened to be marketed by a respected 'Hide vendor.

As Gugubica already stated, your "boy" is in the military now and I'm sure he can take care of himself just fine. Your coming to his rescue certainly didn't help HIM or for that matter, yourself either. If he needs his daddy to have his back on a public forum then perhaps he should ask for a discharge and go work for the postal service where they will be more sensitive to his feelings.

Last but not least, if you want this thread to die then please do us all a favor and refrain from posting in this topic again.

You win killshot. I was done arguing about this when I woke up this morning. You will not see this from my perspective any more than I'll ever see it from yours. In that light we're both a couple of assclowns for debating this any further. Its Friday. I have a weekend off and I get to go shoot to blow off some steam. Go send a few down range and enjoy it as much as I will.

The funny thing is that you honestly think this thread will reflect negatively on Kasey and his products, when just the opposite is true. The fact that it keeps going is helping him. I can't say the same for you, though.

Kasey is a stand up guy that supports his customers, is proud of his products and backs them up. Nothing wrong with that and, actually, admirable.

I sincerely hope you have a great weekend.

Battleaxe,

No victim here.

My approach to resolution is not by proclaiming my manhood as an excuse for my actions. My approach is to try and point or guide one towards better understanding.

I will say you have a knack for expressing your ignorance of me and any of my business practices. And find it amazing you think you are the only person “man” enough to say they don’t like the Atlas; “There are a lot of young guys here that spend what little money they have on products they have never seen and touched. Their choice is based on nothing more than warrior "A" uses item "B" so that's the way to go. As a result of their inexperience they're very unlikley to utter a word about any problem given the drama it creates or ridicule they'll face.”

Really? You must really think you are the last “man” alive….

Fact, there are members here, some that have posted to this thread, that have had a negative experience with the Atlas, however they were able to express their experience to me. Some such conversations have resulted in changes to the Bipod, others I felt like what was desired was a different type of bipod incorporating the features found in the current Atlas while adding others. Others simply did not like it! So I challenge you to find anyone I tried to intimidate to support your suggestion of "Customer satisfaction through intimidation?"

I never said anything about your son. I asked for clarification FROM HIM, ON HIS FINDINGS. (is this an example of your ability to be 1000% honest?, or are you under no “obligation” to do be honest as I am "not" your client?).

And again, and again, I don't care if you choose to call our customers "groupies" I only got involved when you made slanderous remarks about our product in relation to government contracts. You refuse to acknowledge this.

I asked you a simple question, well actually 2, one was if you were John Murtha in reply to you asking if I was Obama, and “I will not let you or anyone make disparaging comments about our products in regards to govt. contracts go un-challenged. Do you understand this?”

You chose to say;

“I pushed your buttons because you asked for it. You used thinly veiled inuendos to insult me when my intent was not to insult you at all. My comment about government contracts were not intended to imply that you guys were somehow ripping of the government AT ALL! I wouldn't do that to you or anyone without justification.”

You have made your claims, made your innuendos, taken all the cheap shots and by doing so demonstrated your character and are less of a man for it.

You have brought nothing constructive to the table.

Do me a favor Battleaxe, from now on, if and when anyone asks you about the Atlas or any of our products, tell them they suck, they are the worse products in the globe. I would appreciate it.

One thing you posted that is actually a fact and I fully agree with; “Kasey...I'm really glad your not my accountant.” To that I say Amen.

edited to add "not"

BattleAxe. you dug a pretty deep hole, I say you be prepared to hangout in it as most of the mods, the owner, and other site vendors are reading this and labeling you as a turd. And they get enough business to do without you and your poor attitude towards their products.

You may "evaluate" products for a living. But these guys MAKE these products for a living and when you trash them on a public forum in such a care free way, then trash the guys that support that product..... well you are not making it easy on yourself.

You would probably be best served to tuck you tail and scurry off. You have done enough damage to your internet reputation in this thread alone.

I made it pretty clear on how I feel about this to killshot Kasey. We won't see eye to eye and as such I'll make this easy for you.

I'm unsubscribing to this thread as of this minute, so if you or anyone else feel the need to take any more shots you'll have to shoot me in the back.

Enjoy your weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made it pretty clear on how I feel about this to killshot Kasey. We won't see eye to eye and as such I'll make this easy for you.

I'm unsubscribing to this thread as of this minute, so if you or anyone else feel the need to take any more shots you'll have to shoot me in the back.

Enjoy your weekend. </div></div>

You brought this on yourself..... I don't know of to many people willing to follow you around on a forum. You have made your stance clear, and it was done in poor taste. And it's obvious you were looking for some sort of scuffle as you seemingly check this thread everytime a post goes up.

have a great weekend and enjoy the sand.

"I made it pretty clear on how I feel about this to<span style="font-weight: bold"> killshot Kasey</span>"

Is this your childish way of saying I have more than one screen name?

And regarding the back shot, lol, just when the crap stew you made was being served up, you got an upset tummy and ran to the lieu.

Admitting ones mistakes can be upsetting but there is a simple answer, man up recognize your mistake (which has nothing to do with your opinion of the Atlas) and come clean. But this takes a certain character trait you have repressed.

Kasey, I'm not even close to being in the league of some of you guys here. And I hate to get into this late. Could you help me figure out an issue that I have that is similar to what BX has brought up?

I have the V7 which I switch from my 308 R5 AICS to my 22LR 40X in AICS and I use them with your mono-pod. I too have noticed a POA shift depending on how hard I load the bipod. My rifle seems to like a medium loading to be consistant. If I lean really heavy, there is a point where the bipod stops and then "gives?" (for the lack of a better word) and the POA will raise. My issue is that my POA depends on how much I load. If I set the rifle up and need an extra inch of height to get on target, I can push more and the rifle will come up to where I want it to. Does that make sense?

I'm honestly not trying to start anything more and I'm cringing as I type this already... I have all the respect in the World for you and Lowlight and definately prefer your product compared to my Harris 6-9.

I have reached a point at the range that I shoot at where I am considered "the shooter" and everyone come to me for advice. I don't have the luxury of asking someone with more experience. I really would just like to know what the proper way is and if that is one of the corrections made on the V8.

Respectfully,

~ Rico

PS... did I tip toe carefully enough????
wink.gif

Rico, perfect amount of "tiptoe" LOL

I'm not in that "league" either I'm just a knucklehead with an idea or two whose ideas have consumed whatever time I use to have for shooting!

The ball and socket does indeed have some fore/aft give, and this can be seen through the scope. It is consistently there and the sight picture adjusted by making adjustments to the monopod. This should be a fluid motion, working the bolt trigger hand while adjusting the monopod with the off hand. When I get to shoot, and everything is running right, my off hand lives on the monopod while firing/sighting.

Regarding "loading" the bipod, there is a sweet spot that only you can find based on your position and shooting style. I have seen some guys literally squash everything in front in an effort to get a "cut in granite" type hold. I don't subscribe to that, I want steady and consistent, I don't want the rifle scooting away from me nor to recoil freely, the main part though is consistency. The more muscle that is used to HOLD THAT LOAD will become a just another variable.

In your case, If I need more elevation, and I can't lower the butt, I'd raise the front. I would not change my "into the rifle bipod load" to make that adjustment.

Hope this makes sense and to be clear, I do not claim to have an "Expert" ranking anywhere or on anything so YMMV!

Awesome, thanks Kasey.

I have been trying to get the bipod to hold at that sweet spot instead of pushing harder/softer and I do hold the monopod with my off hand per one of your posts from a while back and it works great. I definately don't like hammering down on the pressure because after several hours of that you obviously fatigue and "all you've got" simply isn't that same that it was.

Looks like I'm on the right track, just wanted to make sure!

Thanks again!

Now back to the regularly scheduled e-brawl!

~ Rico

Wow,

I think you can all say what you want but one thing BattleAxe had right reguardless of anything the Mods. or members say. He won't lose any business over anything HE said here. Kasey was not forced to defend himself or the product, he chose to and that is most definately his right. I think if this whole post is re-read by anyone they will see how many shooters support the Atlas bipods and Kasey. They can make their own choice. I love my 2. I know I am a slacker with only 2 and had I used the Atlas first I would have more than 2. I will not throw away the others I have but my next bipod won't be a Harris either. I won't dog the Harris, its better than alot of others out there.

I will disagree to a few points that others brought up like the customer always being right. I teach that statement a little differently to my employees.

"The customer may not always be right but they will always WIN"

I am not qualified to advise others on bipods so I won't try but I think PM's would work better instead of posting a question in an already heated thread. Not to be a smartass that is my opinion. The arc of leg to pivot point would naturaly raise POA.

Thanks for your opinion Lobbinlead... but since the question mirrored what BX's original point was; I thougt it apropos to query it here in order to get a solution/suggestion to what obviously more than one person has experienced. Pivot point raising POA is obvious, the question was relating to the natural stopping point and then the "give."

Welcome to the 'Hide.

Lobbinlead, thanks for your business and support actually I have no problem with RicosRevenge or anyone asking a question or sharing their observations. In fact, the fact he did ask here and now may serve as an object lesson in how to share/ask about a given product.

Of course our conspiracy theory minded friend will now assume I know RicosRevenge and am paying him off in love beads, or that I'm actually Killshot RicosRevenge Lobbinlead Kasey....

Actually, I just need a Quick Knob... love beads are optional!

Man, that whole sentence just sounds dirty... LOL!

LOL That sure doesn't look like a sentence for a gun forumn.

It was my fault on the poorly timed statement. I had a customer in the office and started typing that long before I entered it. I didn't even Know you had responded to Rico. My fault for not refreshing the screen.

LOL, that does sound a bit un-manly but as we are comfortable in our Man skin, it'll be okay... Seriously please let me know if anything I said helps you on the range. Also, depending on the range/target distance, you can use the monopod leg like a lever, pivoting it front to back to get quick adjustments if multiple shots are required. So maybe no Quick Knob required and the love beads will suffice...

No worries Lobbinlead.

Well I will say this thread has convinced me to buy an Atlas bipod as soon as I can find one to buy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">personally if when you load your bipod with weight and it changes your poi every time like the atlas it's shit... If you put any weight into the the bi-pod your poa changes.. i don't see this as being useful... Just another product hyped up by the SH community HARRIS IS THE WAY TO GO. imo fu atlas. </div></div>
I looked at the Atlas bi-pod for my current project and there were things about it I did not like. I agree with DUB 19K The Harris is a better more rigid setup and easier to adjust on the ground and lock up . I will stick with Harris BRMS thankyou. JMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Harris is a better more rigid setup

<span style="color: #FF0000">No.</span>

easier to adjust on the ground

<span style="color: #FF0000">That's even funnier</span>

lock up.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Maybe, but you still have to tighten the nut on the Harris with a Pod-Loc and it fails to lock up as tightly as the Atlas. I have actually owned and used both (Not just "looked" at them)</span></div></div>

Josh

I like the Atlas because the claw foot accessory has a ball joint. The Harris, when equipped with the claw foot depends on 2 one way linkages to level out on the ground. If the Harris claw foots are not oriented correctly they will not put 3 claws on the ground, rather get cocked and have a unsteady footing.
The Atlas ball joint will alway level out.

My 2 cents, and I'm not sure its worth the near extra $150.00 one has to spend for that convenience. For me it is.