• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipods

shona

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Hi,
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on whether these Bipods are subject to any restriction when shipping outside of the US. I recently bought two here on the Forum and am unsure of how to get them shipped up to Ontario, Canada.The sellers themselves are unsure!

Thanx
shona

I would personally do just that but the forum seller has concerns on the legality of it if bipods come under the restricted export banner!
This is why I'm trying to get a definitive answer on this.

shona

Don't overthink it

They're metal samples your shipping not a bipod..

Well, today is Aug 19th & Canadian Customs have been holding my Atlas Bipod now for 9 days! I told the seller Not to overthink it because as discussed earlier on this forum, the general opinion seemed to be that there would be no issues in shipping a Bipod! I'm just hoping it will be released soon with some duty to pay & that will be that, otherwise it's $400.00 down the pan!!!!

shona

Chill out man Canada doesn't have any issues whatsoever with bipods tactical or hunting, you will get yours soon I'm sure and a bit of duty maybe.
I have shipped all sorts of parts into Canada from the U.S. and no issues from the canadian customs.
Elmer

Google ITAR 121. Read it all and specifically look for the info below. Do whatever you think is right, but I can tell you from first hand experience, pay close attention to section (H). Depending on the agent/inspector/prosecutor etc that is looking at your shipment/sale/export/case file, it can be a real M-F'er. If you cross your t's and dot your i's, you MAY have a chance when the two guys in bad suits knock on your door. And it worse than it looks, there is an impenetrable web of other rules, definitions and supporting documents. Certain items that are exportable, are only exportable if you are an registers exporter, end user lists, Axis of Evil, Cobra Command, and it just goes on and on and on..... [h=2]§121.1 The United States Munitions List.[/h] Category I—Firearms, Close Assault Weapons and Combat Shotguns *(a) Nonautomatic and semi-automatic firearms to caliber .50 inclusive (12.7 mm).
*(b) Fully automatic firearms to .50 caliber inclusive (12.7 mm).
*(c) Firearms or other weapons (e.g. insurgency-counterinsurgency, close assault weapons systems) having a special military application regardless of caliber.
*(d) Combat shotguns. This includes any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches.
*(e) Silencers, mufflers, sound and flash suppressors for the articles in (a) through (d) of this category and their specifically designed, modified or adapted components and parts.
(f) Riflescopes manufactured to military specifications (See category XII(c) for controls on night sighting devices.)
*(g) Barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms for the articles in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this category.
(h) Components, parts, accessories and attachments for the articles in paragraphs (a) through (g) of this category.