• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas vs Harris Bipod

Personally I don't care what brand I have or use if I stick one on a rifle. I've seen every brand break apart in field situations and none of them stand out over another. Give me a ruck, a rock or a piece of furniture and I'm happy.

Just got my first Atlas in the mail today. I must say it is built like tank. I am eager to get a range day for some testing with it this weekend.

Ryan

Too me (IMO)....it is like the preference for a Remington 700 vs a Surgeon. Both get the job done, both will work well. Yes, one is cheaper. But I WANT the other one. Oh..and I would rather take the Remington 700 in the mud as well!

Nice Video and I am sure it will help many to make up their minds.

Have had Harris' for a long time. Just recently got an Atlas, love the features and it feels less bulky.

I know this is a few months old, but I recently purchased an Atlas Bipod. I've been using a Harris on my Grendel for about a year but after purchasing an AR30A1 300 win mag, I decided to try something more substantial. The Harris has been fine, but the 6.5 Grendel doesn't have the weight of the Armalite, besides, on occassion, one of the legs on the Harris would collapse when I'm trying to pivot. I'm fairly new to long range shooting, so I just chalked it up to my inexperience.

Today, I took the AR30A1 out for a little shooting on my normal 660 to 750 yd range. After shooting 2 boxes, I suddenly realized that I was able to stay on the target, even after the shot. Not 100% sure why, but I think I must have been getting some 'spring' action out of the Harris that I'm not getting with the Atlas. The Atlas just has a more substantial and confident feel vs the Harris. I still have the Harris on the Grendel, but soon I plan on swapping out the Harris and just giving the Atlas a test on the 6.5. By the way, I really like being able to angle the legs forward, which lowers my point of aim. Again, this was an issue that I never thought about, but now that I have the option, it's really helped with my shooting comfort.

Thanks for the review.

Better ability to load the Atlas results in better recoil control!

I have used many cheap bipods. The Harris is great. Im going with the atlas from what i have read its the best for all types of shooting.

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif