• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attaching Bipod

Barn Side

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2012
Anyone know what would be the best way to attach a Atlas PSR bipod to this?

Attachments

• bp.jpg
    bp.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 38
A Seekins SRS or Atlas rail, with screw spacing for McMillan stocks is the best way.
Would be easier if you asked Mike to add his rail option to the stock.
Another non permanent option is a stud to rail adapter, if you dont want to mess up the perfect exterior of that stock.

CUrrently do not know of any useful adapters for doing this.

Yea I used a seekins SRS rail on my HS Precision PST026. It replaces the swivel studs and screws right down to your stock. Threw an Atlas BT-10 on there afterwards.

Reactions: Gil P.
I’m worried I might not get a good flat contact surface for the rail due to the nice finish on the rifle.

You'll be fine, worst case you need a little sandpaper. I think any of the rails mentioned will work, and your best option IMO.

I'm guessing that is a pliable material? You don't say what the hole spacing is but a rail that is relieved on the back would be a better option, reducing the contact surface, then just tighten it down "into" the material just enough to be solid. We sell the BT15, looks like it is probably too short for your hole spacing but you can always relieve some material from the back of any rail.

You might have to remove any exaggerated high spots on the stock as well.

It's got a standard McMillan screw spacing i think. The texture is marinetex, and looks like it is coated in Black T.
Sanding it down is possible, but you got to be a magician with it to make it look nice and clean after.
What you desire if you need a rail is a flat contact surafce with the rail footprint, doing it without chipping the surface it is the hard part.

Send Blackops a PM and ask how he does it?
It's quite apparent it is one of his rifles

You could always bed the rail to the stock with more marinetex if you don't want to remove material. It would be simple enough, and you could do a very clean job on it in about an hour. You'll probably be fine just tightening the rail on without worrying too much about it. I'd definitely try mounting it without modification first.

I'm guessing that is a pliable material? You don't say what the hole spacing is but a rail that is relieved on the back would be a better option, reducing the contact surface, then just tighten it down "into" the material just enough to be solid. We sell the BT15, looks like it is probably too short for your hole spacing but you can always relieve some material from the back of any rail.

You might have to remove any exaggerated high spots on the stock as well.
Kasey

Firstly thanks for making such a great product.

How would you best suggest fastening a bt15 to a factory tikka stock?

I'd like to still utilise the sling stud for a sling if possible

Is there a rail made to go in place of the two sling mounts on McMillan stocks?

Send Blackops a PM and ask how he does it?
It's quite apparent it is one of his rifles

Blackops gave me his email & said he would let me know, which is nice considering that I bought it second hand.

Is there a rail made to go in place of the two sling mounts on McMillan stocks?

The standard McMillan sling stud spacing is 3.0 inches.
The Seekins SRS with 3.0 spacing for McM stocks and The Accu-shot BT 17 rail will fit(2,2-3,5) will fit directly.

SRS Rail, McMillan 3.0" Hole Spacing - Rail Accessories - Parts & Accessories

Accessories: BT17 – 4" 1913 Rail from Accu-Shot Product Catalog – Monopods – Bipods - Accessories

They both work very well, both are meant for stocks with a flat forend (A2, A3, A4,A5,A3-5,A1-3, Baker special, etc).
The SRS uses a fixed sling stud, while the Atlas has a flush cup mount integrated, that is a detail to keep in mind when making the choice.
Although not identical in design, they both got 6 rail slots so the usable length of the rail is the same.
If overlooking the sling mount options, i personally prefer the SRS, it's cheaper, beefier and has a unconditional lifetime warranty as with all they're products.