• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attacks On Police Officers On the Rise

Re: Attacks On Police Officers On the Rise

Strange. Seeing as general consensus is that we do nothing but profile and harrass innocents, I dont see how we keep running into people willing or eager to do us harm.

Maybe if you stopped the profiling and harassing the attacks would stop. I'm sure that's the key.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you stopped the profiling and harassing the attacks would stop. I'm sure that's the key.</div></div>
Not to be picking on you and I havn't read thru the whole thread yet but I saw your post....
Profiling is hard to ignore and still remain alive. If LEO's don't profile and they treat everyone equally then they can miss the subtle or even strong indicators that will save their own or others lives....If he looks and acts like a gun toting drug dealer then chances are he is the one you need to watch...And you don't need to look twice at the nice grandmother crossing the street with her groceries....Possible threat vs no threat......... I know this is an extreme example but I think it conveys it.......SmokeRolls

It isn't profiling....it is utilizing the crime statistics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It isn't profiling....it is utilizing the crime statistics. </div></div>

Bullshit. You cops are always profiling on race, the kind of car some one drives, bumper stickers, neighborhoods, etc. You guys are always harassing people for no good reason.

Why just the other day I was standing on the street corner minding my own f&cking business when this cop finishes his doughnut or something and starts to get all redneck on me. Thankfully, there was a local newspaper photographer there to take pictures of this cop infringing on my right to self expression:

today-drunk-naked-wtf-demotivationa.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you stopped the profiling and harassing the attacks would stop. I'm sure that's the key.</div></div>
Not to be picking on you and I havn't read thru the whole thread yet but I saw your post....
Profiling is hard to ignore and still remain alive. If LEO's don't profile and they treat everyone equally then they can miss the subtle or even strong indicators that will save their own or others lives....If he looks and acts like a gun toting drug dealer then chances are he is the one you need to watch...And you don't need to look twice at the nice grandmother crossing the street with her groceries....Possible threat vs no threat......... I know this is an extreme example but I think it conveys it.......SmokeRolls </div></div>

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, Its probably a duck. I don't profile. I go off of 2 things. My reason for contact and my immediate perception of demeanor, attitude, and what risk is posed.

Huh? I was jsut saying that I react solely to the how person treats me and if they are a threat. If they are a jerl with a weapon they are going down. If they are a jerk that like to cus at me I let them do it. It just hold them up. I once had a person that said FU to me everytime I spoke to her. The traffic stop ended 45 minutes later with little more than a warning on swearing and a speeding ticket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you stopped the profiling and harassing the attacks would stop. I'm sure that's the key.</div></div>
Profiling is hard to ignore and still remain alive. If LEO's don't profile and they treat everyone equally then they can miss the subtle or even strong indicators that will save their own or others lives....If he looks and acts like a gun toting drug dealer then chances are he is the one you need to watch...And you don't need to look twice at the nice grandmother crossing the street with her groceries....Possible threat vs no threat......... I know this is an extreme example but I think it conveys it.......SmokeRolls </div></div>

It was a joke.

I got it. I still believe that someone NEEDS to invent a sarcasm font, it would save alot of heartburn. On a serious note, show me a person who does not "profile" every time they walk across the groery store parking lot, and I'll show you the next report I take from a guy saying "they just came out of no where".
Patrick

Well Well Well,

I am going to state a few things that no academy, agency, department, or officer wants to admit but here goes lol....

The rise of attacks on LEO is IMO not entirely due to a rise of criminals or aggressive criminal behavior. The rise is occurring due to OPPORTUNITY they are being given to do so BY the officer. In our new generation society the officers are not being taught to be firm and decisive. They are being taught to be weak and timid.
I seen it over and over...traffic stop goes like this.....
LEO ask driver to step out of car and brings conversation to front of LEO car (Hood Area)
LEO ask driver for license/ID, driver complies.
LEO then makes HUGE MISTAKE of using the portable radio to call in drivers info. Driver already knows what is going to come back.
Driver then ATTACKS LEO.
Outcome=LEO Attack
Reason=LEO wanted to be nice and polite and not leave the driver standing outside by himself.
Solution=Use vehicle radio and/or laptop systems. That puts distance and barrier between LEO and driver so when the info comes back the LEO has time and room to act properly without giving the driver OPPORTUNITY to attack.

I am not even going to get into want was seen at domestic violence calls.......

Nobody wants to offend anyone, which is ridiculous.
Officers need to learn the mindset of taking care of yourself because nobody else is going to!! Stop relying on what is being taught IE..Call Supervisor. Do not put yourself into a situation that you cannot control, Do not put yourself in a position that allows someone else to get control of you.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got it. I still believe that someone NEEDS to invent a sarcasm font, it would save alot of heartburn. On a serious note, show me a person who does not "profile" every time they walk across the groery store parking lot, and I'll show you the next report I take from a guy saying "they just came out of no where".
Patrick </div></div>

Ditto on the font. Double ditto on the profiling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got it. I still believe that someone NEEDS to invent a sarcasm font, it would save alot of heartburn. On a serious note, <span style="text-decoration: underline">show me a person who does not "profile" every time they walk across the groery store parking lot,</span> and I'll show you the next report I take from a guy saying "they just came out of no where".
Patrick </div></div>

You got that right. Am I ( a civilian) supposed to treat every "homie the skel", with cell mate applied tattoos all over him and boxers exposed a foot over his "rapper pants", with the same degree of sanguine indifference as I would a mother and her toddler strolling along the sidewalk?

In fact, no: I am just not wise to admit it in mixed company!

I'm perfectly comfortable with LEO applying statistical inference in the performance of their jobs, especially where it provides for their longevity. A good start would be placing qualified spokes-people who can actually articulate complex or potentially controversial concepts in front media and other chuckle heads, looking for low hanging fruit.

Be safe, proactive and choose your words carefully.

LC, I think its funny that you and I had a long conversation about this just last week.

I, unfortunately, have to agree. During my shifts as an FTO, I am amazed how the trainees today respond to things like resisting arrestees and argumentative suspects. It bothers me to see how the trainee will "deer in the headlights" when these situation arise.

I am also concerned when a rookie asks me where I learned to handle a certain situation which was solved through a use of force. When they hear, "the academy," theyre shocked. They are not going through the same academy that we did LC.

This happened the week after SHOT:

A suspect (who has TCIC warrants that have been confirmed) is asked to step out of the vehicle. Immediately, he gets out, and starts screaming at my trainee. "Sir, please turn around and place your hands on the hood." "FUCK YOU!" "Sir, please..." "FUCK YOU!" and <span style="text-decoration: underline">spits on my trainee</span>.

My trainee's response?

"Sir, please put your..."

I stepped in and ended it. Immediately.

When asked about it, the trainee was worried about being complained on and was worried about violating use of force policy.

Its this hesitancy which is getting our officers hurt or killed. Officers are LITERALLY more frightened of policy than they are of injury.

Until this changes, these stats will get worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Its this hesitancy which is getting our officers hurt or killed. Officers are LITERALLY more frightened of policy than they are of injury.

Until this changes, these stats will get worse. </div></div>

Not to take this thread off topic but our armed forces are having the same issues overseas. As long as our society strives to be politically correct we will pay in the efforts and unfortunately lives of our service members and LEO.

God Bless you all and stay safe.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If cops weren't such assholes, the perps would be polite and cooperate. It's the rude cops with attitudes' fault our society even has this problem.

Guess its the same problem nation wide. Here we have cops who WRESTLE perps that are armed with KNIVES. We've had perps that have disarmed cops by taking their expandable batons, only to have the officers engage them hand to hand.

It is pathetic and scary but most of these new guys and some of the old ones don't know what they can do in the course of their duties. There are others that know but are afraid to get caught on camera doing their jobs.

A lot of the blame falls on society and the biased liberal media. It's only going to get worse before people wake up.

Lawyers and the Rules of Engagement are the issues. It happens in any situation where you put a person in the situation that warrants an action but has to think of how his reaction will get looked over by supervisors and in the end lawyers. Happens in Law Enforcement and in the Military.

Pussification of the American Male. Been happening for decades.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LC, I think its funny that you and I had a long conversation about this just last week.

I, unfortunately, have to agree. During my shifts as an FTO, I am amazed how the trainees today respond to things like resisting arrestees and argumentative suspects. It bothers me to see how the trainee will "deer in the headlights" when these situation arise.

I am also concerned when a rookie asks me where I learned to handle a certain situation which was solved through a use of force. When they hear, "the academy," theyre shocked. They are not going through the same academy that we did LC.

This happened the week after SHOT:

A suspect (who has TCIC warrants that have been confirmed) is asked to step out of the vehicle. Immediately, he gets out, and starts screaming at my trainee. "Sir, please turn around and place your hands on the hood." "FUCK YOU!" "Sir, please..." "FUCK YOU!" and <span style="text-decoration: underline">spits on my trainee</span>.

My trainee's response?

"Sir, please put your..."

I stepped in and ended it. Immediately.

When asked about it, the trainee was worried about being complained on and was worried about violating use of force policy.

Until this changes, these stats will get worse. </div></div>

Come on Shag, we all know that your just a evil, profiler, just looking fot an excuse to victimize some poor underpriviledged minority individual
laugh.gif
. I bet Wil will confirm that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of the blame falls on society and the biased liberal media. It's only going to get worse before people wake up. </div></div>

Not to play the a-hole role, but what's going to make people wake up? They're not in harms way, and it's easy to pick apart what happened in the comfort of your easy chair vs. being in the situation for real. They'll always see the perfect case and expect it to happen like that in real life. Since it's always a perfect situation to them you'll have to play by every stupid ass PC rule that can be dreamed up until somehow they're proven wrong. With no blood on their hands when it's wrong, what's to make it change?

Jayne, you have hit the nail squarely on the head. Our society has become one in which most people don't have to know much of anything, or be able to think particularly well, as long as they have some skill that someone will pay them for. That skill obviously does not have to be related to keeping themselves safe or alive at all, so we have ended up with a situation where most people are not sufficiently skilled to defend themselves. They have put themselves in a situation where they must depend on the police or other people to do it. However, that does not stop them from exercising their guaranteed right to look over your shoulder and bitch from the safety of their living rooms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of the blame falls on society and the biased liberal media. It's only going to get worse before people wake up. </div></div>

Not to play the a-hole role, but what's going to make people wake up? They're not in harms way, and it's easy to pick apart what happened in the comfort of your easy chair vs. being in the situation for real. They'll always see the perfect case and expect it to happen like that in real life. Since it's always a perfect situation to them you'll have to play by every stupid ass PC rule that can be dreamed up until somehow they're proven wrong. With no blood on their hands when it's wrong, what's to make it change?

</div></div>

I didn't take it as you being an a-hole at all. Not sure what its going to take. Perhaps when shit hits close to home and people get a dose of reality then they'll wake up. Things usually have greater impact when they affect people personally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Perhaps when shit hits close to home and people get a dose of reality then they'll wake up. </div></div>

A few people awoken per day as they become victims, so.... yea, things should be better in about 1000 years.
smile.gif

One of my handgun trainers is an old cranky ex-LEO who used to say stuff like "back in the 60s we would just shoot your ass for doing stupid sh*t like that". Guess things really have changed.

Only a "few" people per day becoming victims? What world are you living in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a "few" people per day becoming victims? What world are you living in? </div></div>

Not all of them learn anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a "few" people per day becoming victims? What world are you living in? </div></div>

Not all of them learn anything. </div></div>

Very true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a "few" people per day becoming victims? What world are you living in? </div></div>

If you consider the number of people out there, I would think only a "few" of them would become victims of some sort of physical violence if you figure it as a percentage of the total population. And as was mentioned only some of those victimized will wake up, the others will just pile on some more mental defense.

Come to think of it though, and this is wandering way off topic, but going through all the people I know, and that my family/friends know, I can only think of 1 incident of physical violence in history. She already wasn't a sheep, so the number of people who I know who could be woken up is 0. Hmm. We're either lucky, smart, or need to get out more.

I think its pretty simple. With prisoner rights on the path to being greater than civilian rights, lenient punishments, and a general lack of fear of incarceration, criminals just dont give shit anymore. Kill a cop and get caught- you'll make your way to shotcaller in a prison gang in no time..

For all the LEO's out there, God Bless you and the job you perform.

The problem to me can be summed up to, America be de-nutted the past 60 years.

Examples:
Cops V. Perps
It's rather hard for someone to be a affective Officer of the Law when that Officers own hands are often tied behind their back do to the grossly misunderstanding of individual rights and pc crowd.
Teachers V. students
Teachers are no longer allowed to actually teach children anything of value these days. Children are no longer allowed to understand what failure is. Teachers no longer have to ability to punish disobedient disruptive asshats. Teenagers run schools, not teachers. Could you imagine the ass beating a punk would receive in the 40's if he took a swing at a teacher?
Parents v. children
Parents are no longer truly allowed to discipline their children any longer, you cannot spank your children when they're being dumbasses with out fear of having the Police called on you for child abuse. Or having someone call C/S on you. Your considered cruel for teaching them hard work, obedience, ethics.

So lets recap.

Parent raises child, parent cannot discipline child. Parent assumes children will receive discipline at school. School cannot discipline children. Child becomes cop. Other child becomes criminal. Cop has no understanding how to discipline or control someone (or hands are bond) Criminal never being shown discipline could give a fuck if your a Cop (Authority figure) and attacks you.

My generation didn't pull this shit, this is on the older generations, I'm just here to help clean up.

JMO Thanks.

Stay safe Officers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all the LEO's out there, God Bless you and the job you perform.

The problem to me can be summed up to, America be de-nutted the past 60 years.

Examples:
Cops V. Perps
It's rather hard for someone to be a affective Officer of the Law when that Officers own hands are often tied behind their back do to the grossly misunderstanding of individual rights and pc crowd.
Teachers V. students
Teachers are no longer allowed to actually teach children anything of value these days. Children are no longer allowed to understand what failure is. Teachers no longer have to ability to punish disobedient disruptive asshats. Teenagers run schools, not teachers. Could you imagine the ass beating a punk would receive in the 40's if he took a swing at a teacher?
Parents v. children
Parents are no longer truly allowed to discipline their children any longer, you cannot spank your children when they're being dumbasses with out fear of having the Police called on you for child abuse. Or having someone call C/S on you. Your considered cruel for teaching them hard work, obedience, ethics.

So lets recap.

Parent raises child, parent cannot discipline child. Parent assumes children will receive discipline at school. School cannot discipline children. Child becomes cop. Other child becomes criminal. Cop has no understanding how to discipline or control someone (or hands are bond) Criminal never being shown discipline could give a fuck if your a Cop (Authority figure) and attacks you.

My generation didn't pull this shit, this is on the older generations, I'm just here to help clean up.

JMO Thanks.

Stay safe Officers. </div></div>

From your mouth to our society's ears.

God bless you brother