• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attracting hummingbirds

Melissa321

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2021
USA
Are you a hummingbird lover? Yes, then you hopefully enjoy having different species of hummingbirds in your garden. These small species can increase the beauty of any garden. But the question is how we can attract them. one of the easiest ways to attract them is the use of hummingbird feeders. These feeders contain their favorite nectar and provide them sufficient energy when the natural nectar is not available.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I’ve been trying to build a garden full of hummingbird/pollinator friendly flowers the last few years. I can hear a few zipping around the neighborhood every so often but haven’t seen any in my yard...yet.

Are you a hummingbird lover? Yes, then you hopefully enjoy having different species of hummingbirds in your garden. These small species can increase the beauty of any garden. But the question is how we can attract them. one of the easiest ways to attract them is the use of ***LINK DELETED***. These feeders contain their favorite nectar and provide them sufficient energy when the natural nectar is not available.
How about you go fuck yourself with a 120mm HE Mortar round and fucking die you cock gobbling piece of shit fucking spammer...

Thanks for the callout @Eostech.

Anybody click on the link?

default_don29.gif

How can we be sure this isn't one of Bender's pigeons trying to direct attention elsewhere? :unsure:

Quick FAQ on making nectar for hummingbirds. Plant flowers that attract hummingbirds, water them.

Don't waste your money buying fancy feeders.
Bright red and yellow flowers works as well as any.
Cheap enough to toss the end of every season to eliminate cleaning the MFrs out.
Shade is your friend as the sugar water will keep much longer.
BTW when it gets 90 plus only fill an inch or so as it'll not keep long.

R

Reactions: 1J04
Yes, it's an article reviewing humming bird feeders.

Yer' either brave, or had a throwaway computer handy, didn't ya?
biggrin.gif
First thing that came to mind was that I wouldn't want to risk my new HP notebook catching digital WuFlu... Still trying to figure out how to put the N95 mask on the machine... Over the charging port? Or the heat vents?

Reactions: lash and diverdon
Yer' either brave, or had a throwaway computer handy, didn't ya? View attachment 7570009 First thing that came to mind was that I wouldn't want to risk my new HP notebook catching digital WuFlu... Still trying to figure out how to put the N95 mask on the machine... Over the charging port? Or the heat vents?

Four year old Galaxy S8+. It owe me nothing and takes less than 10 minutes to restore to the way it came out of the box. No worries. I do love humming birds, woodpeckers and owls.

Don't waste your money buying fancy feeders.
Bright red and yellow flowers works as well as any.
Cheap enough to toss the end of every season to eliminate cleaning the MFrs out.
Shade is your friend as the sugar water will keep much longer.
BTW when it gets 90 plus only fill an inch or so as it'll not keep long.

R
Aren't there some sugars one shouldn't use to make the nectar? I think one type is actually a poison to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 1J04
Aren't there some sugars one shouldn't use to make the nectar? I think one type is actually a poison to them.
I'm not sure about any sugars being poison to them but I never had luck with store bought hummingbird food - that red shit. Once we switched to regular old homemade Simple Syrup (sugar water) we had tons of hummingbirds last summer. They would drink 16oz every few days. I would avoid artificial sweeteners and use pure sugar/water. I think we're going to buy another feeder or two this year.

How about you go fuck yourself with a 120mm HE Mortar round and fucking die you cock gobbling piece of shit fucking spammer...

Thanks for the callout @Eostech.

I missed something.

Redmanss apparently really doesn't like hummingbirds for some reason.

Not sure if OP is a spam bot as all the article is, is a review of bird feeders. Yet its their first post, so thats odd.

I missed something.

Redmanss apparently really doesn't like hummingbirds for some reason.

Not sure if OP is a spam bot as all the article is, is a review of bird feeders. Yet its their first post, so thats odd.
Might not be a spam bot but it's not the only new account I've seen lately whose sole contribution to the site is to advertise some random product. Trying to remember where I saw the last one, was something to do with massage therapy or back pain or something.

But on the other hand, based on the lacking grammar and general "English is not even our second or third language"-ness of the "birdfeederist" website preview on google? It's certainly scammy-sounding but maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
My Ruby-throated hummers don't like to share and there's constant dogfights over the feeders, usually with on dominant asshole sitting close by guarding them, like he's going to drink 16oz. of nectar by himself. They'll even buzz my head if I get too close.

They're smart little shits and one day in early spring I can expect to look out and see one thats returned from Mexico or Central America sitting on a favorite deer horn and know it's time to put the feeders back up.

Last edited: