• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Au Natural

wvfarrier

Ignorant wretch
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
West (By GOD) Virginia
Ever bit of this meal came off our farm.
Bear Sausage
Green Beans
Tomatoes
Onions

AMAZING!!!!

Attachments

• 20220920_163257.jpg
    20220920_163257.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 288
I was expecting a big ol' hairy muff when I clicked on the title of this thread.

Reactions: Athos300
I liked the durability of the mulefoots. They are extremely hardy and great foragers. I started crossing them with large blacks and it really made a nice cross. They were docile as puppies but got larger and produced a better meat
Wasn't a fan of the mulefoots we had. Their meat didn't taste quite as good. Berkshire pigs tasted amazing though....expensive now.

I liked the durability of the mulefoots. They are extremely hardy and great foragers. I started crossing them with large blacks and it really made a nice cross. They were docile as puppies but got larger and produced a better meat

Ah, never had a cross as ours were "pure" mulefoot. The berkies were definitely not docile but loved them anyway (favorite animal to raise are pigs, least favorite are goats). I can imagine a cross being good as we had (if I remember correctly) an Angus/jersey cross for our cows that was pretty good (also significantly cheaper).

Reactions: wvfarrier
Ah, never had a cross as ours were "pure" mulefoot. The berkies were definitely not docile but loved them anyway (favorite animal to raise are pigs, least favorite are goats). I can imagine a cross being good as we had (if I remember correctly) an Angus/jersey cross for our cows that was pretty good (also significantly cheaper).
I fkn HATE goats. Stinking, destructive creatures. Jerseys are great milkers 😁

Reactions: AngryKoala
I had one little billy get underneath my lifted Tundra (had less than 20,000 miles on it) and eat the freaking wiring!!!!

Sounds about right.

Had a couple jump up and put hoof marks on my wife's new (at the time) car. I was trying to fix the heater in the barn and put the manual down....yea that got eaten and torn to shreds in about 1 min.

Had an easier time building fencing for the cows than I did for the goats.

I'd rather eat a goat than a deer. Especially if the goat has any fat on it. Slow cooked in a pit. Mmmmmmm!

Porkers are awesome as well. 200lb sow over a slow 225degree fire... Yummy.

Dogs are good, too. Korean dung-kae looks, smells & tastes just like roast pork. The other, other white meat!

I'd rather eat a goat than a deer. Especially if the goat has any fat on it. Slow cooked in a pit. Mmmmmmm!

Dogs are good, too. Korean dung-kae looks, smells & tastes just like roast pork. The other, other white meat!

Goat on rice with a nice curry sauce.

Goat on rice with a nice curry sauce.
Curry ruins everything it touches. Ewww. Yukk.

4th of July 2006 at Bagram one of our guys got a 250lb whole hog from the DFAC guys, so I welded up a slow cooker (the size of an upright spinet piano) and Moondoggie worked all night busting up oak pallets (the only wood fuel we could get!) & slow roasting it 12+hrs on a spit. He had to use aviation .32 safety wire to hold it all together cuz it was falling off the bones. Absolute perfection. The Combat Avn Bde we supported was invited and everybody had pulled pork, prison steaks, lobster, burgers... 'Murca! That ol Texas boy could sure cook.

Curry ruins everything it touches. Ewww. Yukk.

4th of July 2006 at Bagram one of our guys got a 250lb whole hog from the DFAC guys, so I welded up a slow cooker (the size of an upright spinet piano) and Moondoggie worked all night busting up oak pallets (the only wood fuel we could get!) & slow roasting it 12+hrs on a spit. He had to use aviation .32 safety wire to hold it all together cuz it was falling off the bones. Absolute perfection. The Combat Avn Bde we supported was invited and everybody had pulled pork, prison steaks, lobster, burgers... 'Murca! That ol Texas boy could sure cook.

Blasphemy, Thai or Indian curry is amazing...especially extra spicy (makes the butt hurt the next day though).

Damn that sounds good. One of the downfalls of Ohio is the lack of good BBQ.

Reactions: Mudburner

First time I had horse was in S. Korea

Reactions: Mudburner