• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Austin continues to suck harder.

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
No surprise from Austin.

Meh - sounds like both guys might be getting what was coming to them.

If the protesters had been for 2A, which also happens at Austin capital, and someone started shooting at “that angry mob” because they felt threatened by open carry, would we be upset about them prosecuting?

If suddenly you’re allowed to shoot at anyone else who is legally open carrying a gun (which it seems from actually reading the article), we’re all gonna start having a bad time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragman
the governer needs to stop whatever stupid shit he is doing, and pardon this guy YESTERDAY. end this shit before it even gets started.
agree, if you block cars, threaten people then you get what is coming and that needs to be the message. We have a right to defend ourselves and the country needs to see this. I hope your Gov makes that stand

Reactions: Jscb1b
The guy was "caught" in a riot in his car with an AKM? He knew where he was going and what he was doing. I really don't have too much sympathy for people that put themselves in these situations and then reap the whirlwind.

If the protesters had been for 2A, which also happens at Austin capital, and someone started shooting at “that angry mob” because they felt threatened by open carry, would we be upset about them prosecuting?

If suddenly you’re allowed to shoot at anyone else who is legally open carrying a gun (which it seems from actually reading the article), we’re all gonna start having a bad time.

Texas law allows for open carry in an unthreatening manner.
That doesn’t include pointing an AK in someone’s face while surrounding their car with a mob.

You have a right to OC, you do not have a right to illegally block traffic and threaten someone with a gun.

If an angry mob of "open carriers" swarm my car, they are getting put down, I don't give a fuck.

Texas law allows for open carry in an unthreatening manner.
That doesn’t include pointing an AK in someone’s face while surrounding their car with a mob.
Where does it say he was being menaced (or with an AK) specifically?

Another link with more details?

agree, if you block cars, threaten people then you get what is coming and that needs to be the message. We have a right to defend ourselves and the country needs to see this. I hope your Gov makes that stand
ha “makes a stand”

You don't think that wasn't an "angry mob"? Do you think it was a "friendly mob" that blocks your car and yells threats and bangs on it? Do you think that was "friendly protester" that just so happened to be legally open carrying an AK and walked up to your window and points it at you?

You have a right to OC, you do not have a right to illegally block traffic and threaten someone with a gun.

If an angry mob of "open carriers" swarm my car, they are getting put down, I don't give a fuck.

Article reads that he turned (illegally) into the protestors who were (legally) legally in a cross walk at which point he was surrounded. I don’t remember the protest reporting at the time (I’m in austin metro news area) so don’t know anything about what was going on there besides what the article says

Here's a pic of the "friendly protester" raising his AK in the window of the accused.

If you think "both guys might be getting whats coming to them" then maybe you should live in Austin.

Attachments

• 1625189086687.png
    1625189086687.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 140
You don't think that wasn't an "angry mob"? Do you think it was a "friendly mob" that blocks your car and yells threats and bangs on it? Do you think that was "friendly protester" that just so happened to be legally open carrying an AK and walked up to your window and points it at you?

I think if I saw a bunch of angry people with open carry guns, I’d turn left instead of right in their direction…

What you describe is not what the article says happened… He drove car towards the protesters, they didn’t walk anywhere to find him, nor does it mention protesters pointing at him , tapping on windows, or anything else with open carry weapons before he started the shooting (first).

Here's a pic of the "friendly protester" raising his AK in the window of the accused.

If you think "both guys might be getting whats coming to them" then maybe you should live in Austin.

That stock (all you can see) looks clearly pointed at the tire in some high carry sling. 2A rights folks sling like that all the time with one hand on the grip.

Granted, that photo also doesn’t look like a minor league event of people simply crossing a cross walk in peaceful protest as the article implies either.

Got more links on this?

It’s possible that the articles are biased. You never really never know anymore..

Oh you know… because 100% of the media reports only a single side of any issue. Gotta get that outrage jacked to 11 and more clicks as a result.

Totally impossible two people were both assholes in a high stress situation, never happens. 🤦‍♂️

File for a change of venue.

Any other district in Texas and the prosecutor would be indicted and the accused bought fine spirits and beer.

I remember being on a jury up here in N TX where the guy was charged with molesting a minor. Jury got selected and it was the most "get a rope" group of gents I had ever seen (not that they were incorrect lol).

Surprisingly, he pled out...

Really shocked--but then even Dallas County proper is becoming west-coast like.

• Sad
Reactions: tomcatmv
I think if I saw a bunch of angry people with open carry guns, I’d turn left instead of right in their direction…

What you describe is not what the article says happened… He drove car towards the protesters, they didn’t walk anywhere to find him, nor does it mention protesters pointing at him , tapping on windows, or anything else with open carry weapons before he started the shooting (first).
Maybe look into the situation a bit more before you open your mouth and blindly trust 1 article

Maybe look into the situation a bit more before you open your mouth and blindly trust 1 article

my apologies for not being sufficiently outraged by the link provided by the OP…. which pretty much reads like the guy should in fact be brought up on charges 🤷‍♂️

Having been born and raised in Austin, I know that part of downtown Austin well. The man was driving up Congress Ave. and found himself in the middle of a crowd of Antifa. They blocked his car and in Antifa fashion, they converged on it as an "angry mob", telling the driver he wasn't allowed to proceed. One fuckhead with his face covered armed with an AK approached the driver and pointed it at him. The man in the car eliminated the threat, the crowd jumped back at the sound of gunfire allowing an opening and the man proceed to turn left on 4th St. and left the immediate area. Another peaceful protester with a handgun fired point blank multiple times at the driver as he was driving away.

Raising and pointing your shouldered AK in someone's face is a deadly threat. Try it with a cop and his chief will explain that to your family.

Having been born and raised in Austin, I know that part of downtown Austin well. The man was driving up Congress Ave. and found himself in the middle of a crowd of Antifa. They blocked his car and in Antifa fashion, they converged on it as an "angry mob", telling the driver he wasn't allowed to proceed. One fuckhead with his face covered armed with an AK approached the driver and pointed it at him. The man in the car eliminated the threat, the crowd jumped back at the sound of gunfire allowing an opening and the man proceed to turn left on 4th St. and left the immediate area. Another peaceful protester with a handgun fired point blank multiple times at the driver as he was driving away.

Raising and pointing your shouldered AK in someone's face is a deadly threat. Try it with a cop and his chief will explain that to your family.
I hate to nitpick here again, but that’s not actually what the article says. It says he actively turn right into the crowd, so presumably he was headed west until “that moment”.

I’m not saying this guy wasn’t in a scary fucking situation, but he showed up armed, at night, to a protest he presumably didn’t like. Sounds an aweful lot like trying to pick a fight, while armed. Show up like that, and if you shoot first and the other guy gets dead, you both likely lose.

But the real loser is me who now will have more people clamoring to restrict my gun rights because these two guys couldn’t keep it in their pants.

I hate to nitpick here again, but that’s not actually what the article says. It says he actively turn right into the crowd, so presumably he was headed west until “that moment”.

I’m not saying this guy wasn’t in a scary fucking situation, but he showed up armed, at night, to a protest he presumably didn’t like. Sounds an aweful lot like trying to pick a fight, while armed. Show up like that, and if you shoot first and the other guy gets dead, you both likely lose.

But the real loser is me who now will have more people clamoring to restrict my gun rights because these two guys couldn’t keep it in their pants.
Yeah, about the response ide expect from an ignorant moron

"Well this 1 article, which is really nothing more than the claims from the prosecuting DA, say this....but I haven't actually looked into the situation myself"

Get fucked

You are reading a biased Leftist post. I myself didn't read it past the headline because I saw the news the day it happened before the communists media and prosecutors in Austin could spin it. It seemed to work or we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm sure they would say the same thing about Mark McCloskey, St. Louis man who defended his home from BLM.

I have to go into that shithole once in a great while and I'm always armed. I take care of my business and GTFO. Not looking for trouble but not putting up with deadly threats from communists in a town where I'm 2rd generation That driver could very well have been me.

Dude, you live there and don't know what really happened? Are you in a cave in Austin? The whole world saw the video of this and the AK guy is even in a video interview before the incident bragging about looking for conflict then he goes and points his AK at the driver who was surrounded by the mob after he accidentally turned the corner the wrong way. Jeebus, google this shit.

Reactions: anotherwannabe
And there's a video of the guy that was shot just prior saying something to the tune of "they wont do anything cause they're a bunch of pussies".

Edit: found it

Shit, beat by 9 whole minutes...

1625192928405.png

Dude, you live there and don't know what really happened? Are you in a cave in Austin? The whole world saw the video of this and the AK guy is even in a video interview before the incident bragging about looking for conflict then he goes and points his AK at the driver who was surrounded by the mob after he accidentally turned the corner the wrong way. Jeebus, google this shit.

My neighbor (until very recently) was the highest ranking on duty night officer in Austin for last bunch of years. He recently “retired” because there is so much crap going on in Austin and took a job elsewhere

The horror stories he brings home regularly that don’t make the news, this one in particular must have just been part of the blur. Now the chief who had patrol stationed outside his house for a couple weeks down the block, I do remember 🙁

Reactions: atomic41

look, wildman….if you’d have been around for more than a fucking day, you’d remember the video posted here when it happened. pretty fucking telling. but you go on ahead and let other people keep telling you what to think.

your screen name fits you to a fucking T

• Haha
Reactions: anotherwannabe
"It says Perry reportedly “placed a group of pedestrians walking in the roadway on Congress Avenue in imminent danger of serious bodily injury by texting while driving; and by turning right at a red light without first coming to a complete stop; and by turning into an intersection where pedestrians were visible in the crosswalk and the intersection.”

"Another one of Perry’s charges alleges he endangered a second victim with his car."

Signed
Clown world

Don't you crazy mother fuckers go turning down any roads where there are pedestrians visible in the road way. WTF Honk honk. I do it every single day, they move traffic continues to flow.

Is it now the expectation that if there are people in the the road, they are obstructing the road, and cars should find another course. beep beep. Anyone want to smell my flower?

1625196415633.png

"It says Perry reportedly “placed a group of pedestrians walking in the roadway on Congress Avenue in imminent danger of serious bodily injury by texting while driving; and by turning right at a red light without first coming to a complete stop; and by turning into an intersection where pedestrians were visible in the crosswalk and the intersection.”

"Another one of Perry’s charges alleges he endangered a second victim with his car."

Signed
Clown world
"...pedestrians were visible in the crosswalk and the intersection.”

Actually, it was a large mob of Austin's Antifa moving diagonally across a Congress Av. intersection, blocking traffic.

Meh - sounds like both guys might gotten what was coming to them.

If suddenly you’re allowed to shoot at anyone else who is legally open carrying a gun (which it seems from actually reading the article) we’re all gonna start having a bad time.

You sure are trying hard to carry the water so to speak for the "protesters" between thsi and everything you've posted since. There is multiple alternative sources for the true story available unless Google is to hard?

And no-one was citing them for being in the crosswalk against the light, or obstructing the roadway.

Sec. 552.002. PEDESTRIAN RIGHT-OF-WAY IF CONTROL SIGNAL PRESENT. (a) A pedestrian control signal displaying "Walk," "Don't Walk," or "Wait" applies to a pedestrian as provided by this section.

(b) A pedestrian facing a "Walk" signal may proceed across a roadway in the direction of the signal, and the operator of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to the pedestrian.

(c) A pedestrian may not start to cross a roadway in the direction of a "Don't Walk" signal or a "Wait" signal. A pedestrian who has partially crossed while the "Walk" signal is displayed shall proceed to a sidewalk or safety island while the "Don't Walk" signal or "Wait" signal is displayed.
Sec. 552.006. USE OF SIDEWALK. (a) A pedestrian may not walk along and on a roadway if an adjacent sidewalk is provided and is accessible to the pedestrian.

Texas Penal Code
Sec. 42.03
Obstructing Highway or Other Passageway​

(a)​

A person commits an offense if, without legal privilege or authority, he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:

(1)​

obstructs a highway, street, sidewalk, railway, waterway, elevator, aisle, hallway, entrance, or exit to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access, or any other place used for the passage of persons, vehicles, or conveyances, regardless of the means of creating the obstruction and whether the obstruction arises from his acts alone or from his acts and the acts of others; or

(2)​

disobeys a reasonable request or order to move issued by a person the actor knows to be or is informed is a peace officer, a fireman, or a person with authority to control the use of the premises:

(A)​

to prevent obstruction of a highway or any of those areas mentioned in Subdivision (1); or

(B)​

to maintain public safety by dispersing those gathered in dangerous proximity to a fire, riot, or other hazard.

(b)​

For purposes of this section, “obstruct” means to render impassable or to render passage unreasonably inconvenient or hazardous.

(c)​

An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

Last edited:
And no-one was citing them for being in the crosswalk against the light, or obstructing the roadway.
Obstructing a Roadway is what many first time offenders are charged with instead of a DWI. It's a less severe blemish on their record but it's still a bona-fide Class B Misdemeanor and can keep you from obtaining a CHL in Texas for 5 years.

Some jizzstain communist also fired multiple shots at Daniel Perry when he drove away. But like the Obstructing a Roadway, thats also ignored.

Daniel Perry was an Uber driver or some other ride service and had just dropped a fare off before turning onto Congress. He wasn't down there looking for trouble.

So is everyone in agreement if someone points a gun at you and you haven't done anything wrong or illegal the justified response is to shoot them first??

Reactions: MJF
So is everyone in agreement if someone points a gun at you and you haven't done anything wrong or illegal the justified response is to shoot them first??

That’s the one size fits all LE standard.

I can’t say it’s automatically true in every situation though.

In this case there had been numerous incidents all summer of these BLM/antifa mobs pulling people out of their cars and beating them.
Perry was surrounded by a clearly hostile mob armed with deadly weapons. We don’t know he ever saw the weapon that actually fired at him, but there were at least 2 guns in the crowd around him.
I think that would trigger fear of death in a reasonable person.

The defendant say the arm protestor point the rifle at him, so there's that.

Over 100 bikers were indicted in Waco for that shootout. Over zealous prosecutor. Most if not all of those cases have been dismissed.