• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AUTO TRICKLER V3 COMBO ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
just got this seems there is alot to do before you use this SERIAL PORT CONFIGURATION on PAGE 7 and 8 .I had no idea you had to do all this stuff .And there is no one to call to help you through some of this you have to wait for an email back? Any of you no about setting this scale up that might be able to help? Thanks

If you have an older version it’s plug and play- seems we are lacking a little detail here ?

when you take the small back plate off there is a ribbon there where do you connect it ? I know where the other 2 wires go 1 to autothrow and 1 to trickler.there are 2 power cords also 1 goes to the scale where does the other go ?

Did your kit not come with the instruction manual?
I went through the setup, and it was fairly straight forward. There were some settings to make, but every one I went to was already setup.
yes i have the manuel but i still cant find where the ribbon wire (serial cable) goes after you take the plate off.it says push the ribbon inside the scale its already there ?

If you bought everything as a kit it may already be configured. I bought the complete kit from CE and it was plug and play.

Reactions: LANCER
If you bought everything as a kit it may already be configured. I bought the complete kit from CE and it was plug and play.
What about all those steps on page 7 and 8 do we need to go through all that ?( SERIAL PORT CONFIGURATION)

Also not sure how to position the little plastic piece that goes around the glass cup.seems like double sided tape on it ?

Also not sure how to position the little plastic piece that goes around the glass cup.seems like double sided tape on it ?
First, get the powder drop and trickler to run and the scale calibrated.

Set the assembly up and level the scale once more in case you disturbed everything while building up the powder throw.

Now, without peeling the tape open, practice aligning the cup so that is sits under the drop but leave room for the trickler. If you see a few images or videos of units running, you will see some folks do it different ways, but they are mostly trickler on the right side and so that determines how the cup should sit on the scale pan. Take a few practice throws and run the trickler to make sure you have some margin for both the throw and the end of the trickler.

Then you can stick the guide on the pan using the tape.

Reactions: scorpio 25
when you take the small back plate off there is a ribbon there where do you connect it ? I know where the other 2 wires go 1 to autothrow and 1 to trickler.there are 2 power cords also 1 goes to the scale where does the other go ?

You shouldn't need to connect the ribbon cable to anything, just push it back inside the scale and replace the plate you remove with the plastic piece with the circuit boards on it. The cable that hangs out of the new part plugs into the serial port above it. You plug the trickler into port 1 and the thrower into port 2.

The new power pack plugs in to replace the original one for the scales as they draw more power running the motors on the devices. I tried with the original and got a Lb (I imagine low battery) and the scale stopped reading for a bit. The new one fixes that. There's no separate power to the Autotrickler.

Download the autotrickler app and try to connect, if it doesn't find the autotrickler you may need to fit the jumper cable to provide power to the unit (it plugs into one port on the ribbon cable inside and then onto the bottom of the circuit board). I had to fit the jumper cable on mine but it is an older FX200i scale. If you plug the circuit board in and turn the power on before you screw it together you should see a blinking light on the board which would indicate that you don't need the jumper cable.

Changing the settings on the scale is simple, just follow the instructions and it works. If you make a mistake you can repeat the steps to check and fix what went wrong.

The whole process from start to finish took around 15 minutes on mine including having to remove the circuit board unit again and fit the jumper cable. I only bought the trickler and love it, I might have to buy the thrower now because knowing I could be using it instead of manually throwing powder is bugging me.

Getting the centering piece for the shot glass in the right spot is a bit of trial and error, just sticky tape it on until you work out the right spot and then use the double sided tape to attach it more permanently.

First, get the powder drop and trickler to run and the scale calibrated.

Set the assembly up and level the scale once more in case you disturbed everything while building up the powder throw.

Now, without peeling the tape open, practice aligning the cup so that is sits under the drop but leave room for the trickler. If you see a few images or videos of units running, you will see some folks do it different ways, but they are mostly trickler on the right side and so that determines how the cup should sit on the scale pan. Take a few practice throws and run the trickler to make sure you have some margin for both the throw and the end of the trickler.

Then you can stick the guide on the pan using the tape.
thank you good info

You shouldn't need to connect the ribbon cable to anything, just push it back inside the scale and replace the plate you remove with the plastic piece with the circuit boards on it. The cable that hangs out of the new part plugs into the serial port above it. You plug the trickler into port 1 and the thrower into port 2.

The new power pack plugs in to replace the original one for the scales as they draw more power running the motors on the devices. I tried with the original and got a Lb (I imagine low battery) and the scale stopped reading for a bit. The new one fixes that. There's no separate power to the Autotrickler.

Download the autotrickler app and try to connect, if it doesn't find the autotrickler you may need to fit the jumper cable to provide power to the unit (it plugs into one port on the ribbon cable inside and then onto the bottom of the circuit board). I had to fit the jumper cable on mine but it is an older FX200i scale. If you plug the circuit board in and turn the power on before you screw it together you should see a blinking light on the board which would indicate that you don't need the jumper cable.

Changing the settings on the scale is simple, just follow the instructions and it works. If you make a mistake you can repeat the steps to check and fix what went wrong.

The whole process from start to finish took around 15 minutes on mine including having to remove the circuit board unit again and fit the jumper cable. I only bought the trickler and love it, I might have to buy the thrower now because knowing I could be using it instead of manually throwing powder is bugging me.

Getting the centering piece for the shot glass in the right spot is a bit of trial and error, just sticky tape it on until you work out the right spot and then use the double sided tape to attach it more permanently.
thank you for the post got it all hooked up just have to calibrate now

Update first of all I never needed to do any of the calibraions stated above they were already done.When I reached out to Adam he did not tell me that maybe miss communication from where I got the kit from? All I needed to do was hook it up and calibrate it with the weight that came with it.so all is done and also got the app that pairs up great with the scale did not use it yet though. I will say Trevor from CE was a big help got me squared away great customer service from him.

Yes you were right it was already configured but i did not know that Adam never mentioned it to me maybe some miss communication it depends on where you get the scale i guess we never discussed that in our emails.Anyway Trevor from CE was a big help to me great guy

Indeed, everything is pre-configured on the balance if purchasing the entire V3 Kit from CE.