• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

Constant over throws with Varget and 8208. The first 5 or so dumps it will over throw every time and then will do it again about 30% of the time.

Ive done the raising up the front put that plastic thing on the small tube and played with the settings.

Im looking at Ingenuity Trickler at this point.
Sounds like you did not set it up right. I have no issues with varget to n570. I can get them all to throw consistent 8 to 12 second throws. It is all about getting the initial calibration done. Once the small tube has been adjusted to .19 to .23 for tye powder being used, it is easy from there.

Reactions: cutarm
Sounds like you did not set it up right. I have no issues with varget to n570. I can get them all to throw consistent 8 to 12 second throws. It is all about getting the initial calibration done. Once the small tube has been adjusted to .19 to .23 for tye powder being used, it is easy from there.
Guess theres a lot of people out there that didn’t “set it up right”

Too many users are of the “plug and play” mindset. The V4 app has the ability to allow the user to tailor their loads their speed vs accuracy needs. The first edition of the app was more difficult to “tune” and users were having to greatly reduce their speeds to avoid overthrows and had to fuss with deep settings to optimize performance. The updated app allows users to save parameters they have modified for the best accuracy and speed for an individual powder/load. There is a learning curve but once one spends the time to understand how to tweak the tube parameters and speeds, the V4 will do a good job.

Reactions: cutarm
Too many users are of the “plug and play” mindset. The V4 app has the ability to allow the user to tailor their loads their speed vs accuracy needs. The first edition of the app was more difficult to “tune” and users were having to greatly reduce their speeds to avoid overthrows and had to fuss with deep settings to optimize performance. The updated app allows users to save parameters they have modified for the best accuracy and speed for an individual powder/load. There is a learning curve but once one spends the time to understand how to tweak the tube parameters and speeds, the V4 will do a good job.
To be honest, if one spends the money that a lot of these trickler systems cost, I fully expect it to be plug and play. I don't expect on the user end, to be having to fiddle with settings, tuning, or messing around with a unit to get it to work. I full expect it to be a polished, functional unit out of the box.

There is only one system currently on the market that is truly plug and play, and it isn't this one.

To be honest, if one spends the money that a lot of these trickler systems cost, I fully expect it to be plug and play. I don't expect on the user end, to be having to fiddle with settings, tuning, or messing around with a unit to get it to work. I full expect it to be a polished, functional unit out of the box.

There is only one system currently on the market that is truly plug and play, and it isn't this one.
If you are referring to the ST it is far from plug and play. I follow their FB page and those guys have a lot of problems with those things.

• Haha
Reactions: John Glidewell
There are so many out there working well and so highly regarded that IMO if you are having issues it’s either user error or a faulty unit. I would get in contact with Adam to get to the bottom of it

Constant over throws with Varget and 8208. The first 5 or so dumps it will over throw every time and then will do it again about 30% of the time.

Ive done the raising up the front put that plastic thing on the small tube and played with the settings.

Im looking at Ingenuity Trickler at this point.
Contact Adam. He should be able to help you get it set up.

Regarding plug and play: I already have the scale, but in order to tie me over until the IP set up comes out, I’m going to buy a chargemaster. Because I want to plug and play unless I’m gonna get a system that is fully squared away and worth my investment of time in tuning it.

No way I’m buying a used auto trick or super trick - which would cost the same as a charge master - and then have to set it up and fuck around with it for several hours before I can start dropping charges

Regarding plug and play: I already have the scale, but in order to tie me over until the IP set up comes out, I’m going to buy a chargemaster. Because I want to plug and play unless I’m gonna get a system that is fully squared away and worth my investment of time in tuning it.

No way I’m buying a used auto trick or super trick - which would cost the same as a charge master - and then have to set it up and fuck around with it for several hours before I can start dropping charges
Why not manually dump the powder and use the IP to trickel?

Reactions: secondofangle2
To be honest, there has not been a true “plug and play” unit that works for all. The Chargemaster was close but if you wanted faster times with minimal overthrows, you needed an insert and a program tweek. The AutoTricklers, all generations, have needed an adjustment or two, tilt and/or slide, to maximize speed and accuracy; even adding the Ingenuity Trickler to a system requires some tuning.

Will the V4 be as fast as the projected speed of a newer system in the works, maybe not but it can be made to work well.

Dude, I used to run dual chargemasters, and I have had the auto trick V4, and the superspiller.

I can use an RCBS Uniflow dropper, and a hand trickler, and keep up with most of them. On whatever scale I choose.

It’s just tedious to the point of psychological pain.

And of course I know the chargemaster is not so accurate, but for a couple of months, I will take the hit until the ingenuity precision comes out and hopefully solves all of my problems

I’m just running low on ammo, bro! Somebody help me out of this mess!

I don’t have broken units. I had devices I was unsatisfied with and sold

I've had my v4 for a bit now and been very happy with. The spacers are a must have and have very little over throws. I throw 79 to 84 grains of n565 in 10 to 16 seconds. Yesterday was the worst day I had with it loading 40 rds I had several overthrows not sure what the deal was but one bad day isn't going to kill me.

Reactions: Shooter2747