• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

My chunk-est powder is Reloder 16 and my V3 drops that swimmingly to within the 0.02gr tolerance within 8-10 seconds. Fine and dandy indeed.
😂
I like R16 but you gotta see N570, it’s like Lincoln logs!

Lately I’ve had good results with N570 in my V3, you’ll never get .02 grains resolution because it’s grains weight twice that or more.
:)

Was anybody here lucky enough to be in one of the first batches of the trickler itself?

Was anybody here lucky enough to be in one of the first batches of the trickler itself?
I’ve got about 1500 rounds loaded on it so far. It’s fast and accurate provided you tune the tilt level and grains per second to the powder you’re using. Need to time the next 100 cases I load but it’s easily twice as fast as the v2

Reactions: Zatchmo and Rich4
I’ve got about 1500 rounds loaded on it so far. It’s fast and accurate provided you tune the tilt level and grains per second to the powder you’re using. Need to time the next 100 cases I load but it’s easily twice as fast as the v2
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad units are shipping. I didn't want to bug Adam, but am really looking forward to speeding up the process. I'm using a charge master today, and can only manage about 100 rounds in 90 minutes. Fingers crossed he's still on schedule, or at least relatively close.

When did you order, if I may inquire?

Anyone not a beta tester get a shipping notice yet?

Not yet. Supposedly supposed to get mine next week, based on an old timetable on here, but have yet to hear anything, so I’m just sitting here chomping at the bit!

He’s actually running pretty close to schedule then, I’m expecting it to be one of the few things that live up to expectations

I'm not a beta tester and just got my tracking number a few minutes ago, so they are starting to ship. I had originally ordered a V3 on March 2nd and then converted to a V4 after the announcement.
Hmmm, my original order was early February. Converted on 3/13 wonder what they're actually using for a order confirmation date? No email for me yet.

CE Products Inc - Reloading Scales + AutoTrickler Products

AutoTrickler V4 Combo - Completion of Payment

Got the notice today and paid!

Hmmm, my original order was early February. Converted on 3/13 wonder what they're actually using for a order confirmation date? No email for me yet.
I had a V3 order late in December 2020/early January 2021. Converted 3/12. I thought he was going by V3 order date not conversion date. I am still waiting to get my email to pay.

I had a V3 order late in December 2020/early January 2021. Converted 3/12. I thought he was going by V3 order date not conversion date. I am still waiting to get my email to p

I had a V3 order late in December 2020/early January 2021. Converted 3/12. I thought he was going by V3 order date not conversion date. I am still waiting to get my email to pay.
Ok, makes more sense now. At least I know where CE and Adam are in the queue. Thanks for the clarification.

Anybody get theirs yet? Mine was supposed to be part of the first batch October 15th but I got pushed back I guess....

My payment email from ce says export date is 10/25, and I should expect it a week or so later.

Reactions: bunny too
were do you get the software to run the v4 and is it only blue tooth connection?

This is awesome to hear. I'm a ways down the list as I ordered a little later in the day on the 12th, so based on their tentative schedule I'm about a month behind you fellas that jumped on ordering it early in the day. Either way exciting to know they are starting to move for you all that had a v3 order in.

Reactions: vivdav
I set mine up yesterday and played around with the settings and calibration. I can't get over what a high-quality piece Adam designed. Really well thought out. I started with VV N120 powder and did a calibration. In the instructions, the small tube trickle calibration should show a .10 - .20 grains per second flow rate. Mine was .07 with no shims on the back. I started to add shims and got the flow rate to .17, that's inside the recommended zone. I see this calibration should be done for each type of powder used before reloading. I noticed there is an unused treaded hole up in the back where the AT sits on the felt pad. Thinking out loud I wonder if there is a way to incorporate a threaded adjustment knob back there so fine-tuning the rear height could be done with the knob? Obviously the more you use it, you'll know where it needs to be set for the type of powder. I think I'll log shim thickness for the powder used and will make the setup or dialing it in go faster. Just my initial thoughts and will probably change after more use.

You have to add/change shims for different powders? Or is that just part of a calibration process?

You have to add/change shims for different powders? Or is that just part of a calibration process?

Yea, same question. I have one on order but if you have to change some shims for every powder that seem like a PITA.

It's been so long since I've been able to get a hold of the usual favorite stick powders, and I've been having such good luck with StaBall for a year now, that it's starting to look like by the time my V4 shows up I won't even need it anymore...

I did some reloading with it today and used Staball 6.5 for Creedmoor 6.5. No shims we’re needed as that powder small tube calibrated at .2 so it was in the recommended drop rate. When I say shims it only means lifting the AT back up and adding something that will tilt the front of the drop down. I got some used box cutter blades and made them dull on the bench grinder and they are .0235 thick. With all the different powders out there, they will all drop at a different rate if the AT isn’t adjusted. Once you know how many shims to add for a particular powder, note it and it’s easy to setup and go. The instructions even say there may be some powders where you need to raise the front which is the opposite of what I’ve been talking about. I only did 5 loads at 43.5 and every drop was exact. It’s super fast.

Reactions: Kaveman44
nGMmQykh.jpg

I should be getting my AD-FX120i and V4 autotrickler anytime. Got my tracking number today. Do I need/should I get a line conditioner to plug this unit into?

Jason

I should be getting my AD-FX120i and V4 autotrickler anytime. Got my tracking number today. Do I need/should I get a line conditioner to plug this unit into?

Jason

When I got my V2 years ago I asked Adam about a longer power cord so I could plug it directly into a wall outlet instead of the power strip on my bench to alleviate any fluttering. He said it was a non-issue.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but it seems like he wasn't worried about standard power set ups causing issues. Take that for what you will.

You guys that got tracking numbers in the last day or two, when did you reserve a V4? Are yours V3 converted to V4 orders or did you put in a reservation early on 3/12?

When I got my V2 years ago I asked Adam about a longer power cord so I could plug it directly into a wall outlet instead of the power strip on my bench to alleviate any fluttering. He said it was a non-issue.

Not exactly an answer to your question, but it seems like he wasn't worried about standard power set ups causing issues. Take that for what you will.
thank you for the info

Jason