• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

I had my reservation in 3/12 at noon (by email response header) and haven’t gotten any shipping notification. I paid in full as soon as it was possible, so it isn’t a payment issue. All of the people I’ve seen with v4s had v3 reservations they converted, so I think the schedule is just off. Based on the current delay, at least 1/2 month off target, and we will see how things go moving forward.

Reactions: archangel485
Mine showed up yesterday. Haven't taken it out of the box yet, working all weekend. Mine is a convert too, placed a v3 order in January I think. I'll check my emails and update time line.

My V3 was ordered on 1/31/21, switched to V4 on 3/17/21

Received my V4 on 10/30/21

From CE

2V0uVkHh.jpg

-----------

Reactions: BigPrince
It’s just the output from the press. It’s the newest rage from the AMP guys. I like the annealer but the press was a bit much. Neat to see traces of seating pressure but you can go down some rabbit holes that don’t produce measurable difference on target. The Prometheus on the side is the kicker, hope he’s cutting kernels. Where are all the power filters? That’s starting to look lab-ish and needs all the treatments to get the metrology component where it should be once you explore that path, haha.

It’s just the output from the press. It’s the newest rage from the AMP guys. I like the annealer but the press was a bit much. Neat to see traces of seating pressure but you can go down some rabbit holes that don’t produce measurable difference on target. The Prometheus on the side is the kicker, hope he’s cutting kernels. Where are all the power filters? That’s starting to look lab-ish and needs all the treatments to get the metrology component where it should be once you explore that path, haha.
I realize that the traces are the output from the press. I was asking as a segue into my following question regarding the brass prep. Always looking for new bits of info to help with my brass prep.

Reactions: ormandj
Annealing, brass consistency (weight sorting, neck wall thickness sorting, etc), and neck turning if you need it will get you there. There's a whole debate regarding "too clean" with brass, since you'll get more stiction with clean brass, but you're well into benchrest territory at that point (and I'm not convinced it matters on paper all that much, either). I anneal/neck turn, but I also don't shoot PRS. I wouldn't bother with anything more than annealing for PRS-style games, and even that more for case-life than anything else. Will PM something additional.

Yea, same question. I have one on order but if you have to change some shims for every powder that seem like a PITA.

Can anyone answer the question about the shims? Do you have change them when changing from, say, Varget to N570?

Can anyone answer the question about the shims? Do you have change them when changing from, say, Varget to N570?

Also interested in an answer to this.

I liked my V2 and converted V3 in that once I had the scale leveled I would only mess with the rate slider on the back of the scale to mitigate overthrows.

Adjusting the position of the scale or powder system for each powder would seem to be a net negative compared to the speed slider on the older systems.

Also interested in an answer to this.

I liked my V2 and converted V3 in that once I had the scale leveled I would only mess with the rate slider on the back of the scale to mitigate overthrows.

Adjusting the position of the scale or powder system for each powder would seem to be a net negative compared to the speed slider on the older systems.
I haven't received an official response on this yet. There's a threaded hole in the back, but it has no screw or adjustment in it. So I've been trying to find the right shim to stick under the back myself. Actually dealt with it a couple days ago on the live stream. So far, this height has been quite good. I haven't had to change it since I made the move to the new height... and I've covered a pretty wide swing of powders.

Once you get the height right... the calibration seems to handle it fine.

Thanks for that response @orkan

A video I saw from a beta tester on ARF seemed to indicate the calibration run via the app was all that was needed when using different powders, but thanks for confirming what you know up to this point.

Reactions: parshal
Mine is a completely new unit. I preordered mine originally as a v3 and then switched over to the v4.
That's the 'conversion' people are talking about, orders that were v3 converted into v4s, not conversion kits to take a v3 and turn it into a v4. I now see how confusing this wording is, hah!

Reactions: Navigator
Is anyone with the V4 having to add the last grain of powder on your charge by hand? My V3 tends to throw 1 kernel short and I spin the trickler by hand for that last kernel.

Reactions: SWgeezer
Is anyone with the V4 having to add the last grain of powder on your charge by hand? My V3 tends to throw 1 kernel short and I spin the trickler by hand for that last kernel.
I haven't seen that yet... not even once. I'm noticing a trend of the first charge thrown after calibration being overthrown... but every charge after that being dead on.

I don't believe a scale like this can truly be "to the kernel" accurate. There's too much that is unseen in these digital units. I think a certified $5000'ish digital can probably make that claim, but I do not believe a $500 scale can make that claim. My Prometheus can certainly perform "to the kernel." I'm seeing about 0.04gr on average drift from session to session... and that's what is actually being displayed. I'm quite sure the electronics are "noise filtering" the output significantly as well, so it's impossible to say how much drift is actually present. Combine that with the nature of how sensitive the scale is to the slightest draft... and suffice it to say, its simply not going to be capable of much more than +/- 0.05gr, in my opinion. Given the nature of the system, I think that is sufficient for most people's needs.

-----------

I just saw these running at Precision Rifle Expo and they are impressive. They sold me with the demo!

However, went to one of the ordering pages they showed at their booth and the website said that the current models were discontinued and an upgrade was coming out in Winter 2022?

I am definitely going to order one… what’s the best place to get on the list for an integrated “turnkey” version? Direct from factory?

Sirhr

PS My original plans of winning one at PRE were thwarted when I didn’t win one. Whoever you two lucky bastards are with my trickler… may your primer pockets all be Berdan.

I just saw these running at Precision Rifle Expo and they are impressive. They sold me with the demo!

However, went to one of the ordering pages they showed at their booth and the website said that the current models were discontinued and an upgrade was coming out in Winter 2022?

I am definitely going to order one… what’s the best place to get on the list for an integrated “turnkey” version? Direct from factory?

Sirhr

PS My original plans of winning one at PRE were thwarted when I didn’t win one. Whoever you two lucky bastards are with my trickler… may your primer pockets all be Berdan.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Any new shipments or tracking numbers received from any of you all? Still waiting on mine.....

My tracking number showed up about a week after I paid in full. Mine should arrive Tuesday. Mine is a converted v3 order from about 3/10, so right before the v4 was announced and orders started

My tracking number showed up about a week after I paid in full. Mine should arrive Tuesday. Mine is a converted v3 order from about 3/10, so right before the v4 was announced and orders started
Excellent information! Thank you!!

These things are the cat's ass! Works incredibly well. I followed the booklet of instructions and it works seamlessly. These are quiet and relatively quick.

First real loads last night with it.
I had ran some Stabal through it on initial unboxing and set up. It was a little slow (around 20 sec) but uber consistent.
Last night I loaded some up for real using 72gr of RL22 for 300 WM using 190gr SMK.
Shimming the rear with what ended up as 2 business cards sped it up considerably. I had the slider on about 8 or 9. I think I can shim it even more, it warrants some experimenting. I ran the "Calibration" again after shimming.

RL22 is pretty coarse and did not want to flow through the smaller tube smoothly. Most charges were +/-.02, I did get an occasional overthrow of 72.06 as a max. This usually occurred when the kernels would bunch up in the tube and at the slowest rotation, it appeared to drop 2 before the scale had registered the previous kernel. The green light on the Autotrickler would not come on when this happed, and of course the DRO showed it as well. The green light is not extremely bright but visible under bright overhead lighting. You get 2 warnings if its off target.
I did not get any kernels bouncing out of the cup.

I have mine on my bench without any special isolation and without a line conditioner, I did not experience any drift of the zero. I checked it after seating bullets on the press mounted on the same bench. The reading would fluctuate during press motion but always returned to zero.

I'm am very pleased thus far with it.

The instruction booklet has some settings to go through, mine were all factory set from CE. I'd still recommend checking them.
I don't know if it matters to anyone but I did need to have my location enabled on my android phone to connect to the scale. Maybe try a tinfoil hat if it bothers you.

Haha, lucky, good timing!

First real loads last night with it.
I had ran some Stabal through it on initial unboxing and set up. It was a little slow (around 20 sec) but uber consistent.
Last night I loaded some up for real using 72gr of RL22 for 300 WM using 190gr SMK.
Shimming the rear with what ended up as 2 business cards sped it up considerably. I had the slider on about 8 or 9. I think I can shim it even more, it warrants some experimenting. I ran the "Calibration" again after shimming.

RL22 is pretty coarse and did not want to flow through the smaller tube smoothly. Most charges were +/-.02, I did get an occasional overthrow of 72.06 as a max. This usually occurred when the kernels would bunch up in the tube and at the slowest rotation, it appeared to drop 2 before the scale had registered the previous kernel. The green light on the Autotrickler would not come on when this happed, and of course the DRO showed it as well. The green light is not extremely bright but visible under bright overhead lighting. You get 2 warnings if its off target.
I did not get any kernels bouncing out of the cup.

I have mine on my bench without any special isolation and without a line conditioner, I did not experience any drift of the zero. I checked it after seating bullets on the press mounted on the same bench. The reading would fluctuate during press motion but always returned to zero.

I'm am very pleased thus far with it.

The instruction booklet has some settings to go through, mine were all factory set from CE. I'd still recommend checking them.
I don't know if it matters to anyone but I did need to have my location enabled on my android phone to connect to the scale. Maybe try a tinfoil hat if it bothers you.
I'll have to try shimming mine. I was using Reloader 7 and everything seemed to come out well. I'll be using some 4831SC soon as well as Reloader 17. My system is sitting on its own bench as I didn't want to give it any extra shock or movement from my press.

Is there a way to deposit for just the V4 without the scale? I didn't see that option but then again, I'm a little slow so....

I'll have to try shimming mine. I was using Reloader 7 and everything seemed to come out well. I'll be using some 4831SC soon as well as Reloader 17. My system is sitting on its own bench as I didn't want to give it any extra shock or movement from my press.
I haven't dedicated a bench for it yet but I had considered it. My current bench is 8'x2' with a dillon 550 at one end and a 650 on the other. My single stage is mounted on it as well. They take up a lot of real-estate. I also have a quick change station for a swager, primer, or powder measure. I would prefer to isolate the Autotrickler for several reasons. But it was nice to see initially it held.

I haven't dedicated a bench for it yet but I had considered it. My current bench is 8'x2' with a dillon 550 at one end and a 650 on the other. My single stage is mounted on it as well. They take up a lot of real-estate. I also have a quick change station for a swager, primer, or powder measure. I would prefer to isolate the Autotrickler for several reasons. But it was nice to see initially it held.
I will have mine on a granite surface plate, isolated from the benches.

Got an invoice for V4 today. not a conversion order. should be shipped soon I hope

When did you place your order (reserve your v4)? Might help some of us guess where we are in the que.

AutoTrickler V4 Schedule
ship datereserved by
1-OctJanuary 28
8-OctFebruary 18
15-OctMarch 12, 2:02 pm
5-NovMarch 12, 2:26 pm
12-NovMarch 12, 3:23 pm
19-NovMarch 12, 5:02 pm
26-NovMarch 12, 10:01 pm
3-DecMarch 13
10-DecMarch 16
17-DecMarch 28
24-DecApril 22
7-JanMay 30
14-JanJune 15
21-JanJuly 12
28-JanAugust 3
4-FebAugust 22
11-FebAugust 25
18-FebAugust 31

When did you place your order (reserve your v4)? Might help some of us guess where we are in the que.

AutoTrickler V4 Schedule
ship datereserved by
1-OctJanuary 28
8-OctFebruary 18
15-OctMarch 12, 2:02 pm
5-NovMarch 12, 2:26 pm
12-NovMarch 12, 3:23 pm
19-NovMarch 12, 5:02 pm
26-NovMarch 12, 10:01 pm
3-DecMarch 13
10-DecMarch 16
17-DecMarch 28
24-DecApril 22
7-JanMay 30
14-JanJune 15
21-JanJuly 12
28-JanAugust 3
4-FebAugust 22
11-FebAugust 25
18-FebAugust 31
3/12. 1:58 pm-3:07pm. whatever that means

I got my invoice this morning too. I was not a V3 conversion and placed my order between March 12 1:58pm and 3:07pm Atlantic

3/12. 1:58 pm-3:07pm. whatever that means
haha, I got the same exact email back in August. I was a bit confused why they gave me that range since it didn't correlate to their table, but oh well.

If you go back in your email to March 12 you can probably find the exact time you reserved yours by looking at an email from google forms. Note the table is in atlantic time and your google reservation is in your local time, so you'll have to convert. I reserved mine at 2:15pm Atlantic.

Well, it sounds like they are staying true to their forecast which is a relief. Should get my invoice this month.

Just got my tracking number, mine was a real ATv4 order, not a conversion. Ordered before 2:26 pm on the 12th.

Just got my tracking number, mine was a real ATv4 order, not a conversion. Ordered before 2:26 pm on the 12th.
Same story here, but before 1402. Looks like it arrives Friday.

Last edited: