• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler with Sartorius Scale Setup

LANDRO

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2022
Victoria, TX
Ok guys… need a little help. I have a Sartorius scale, exact model Entris II BCE224i-1S, just like the one in this link:

Need help setting up a new to me autotrickler, V2 with V3 upgrades. I’ll post some pictures of the connections, the Autotrickler circuit board has a female plug, as does my scale, so not sure how that is gonna work, do I pull the plug off the autotrickler board and just plug in the wires in the same corresponding pattern? Or is there a separate Sartorius circuit board that I don’t have, that has the proper wiring? I’ll post some pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0B63ACEA-C894-43B9-BB50-28FD7E5B7F05.jpeg
    0B63ACEA-C894-43B9-BB50-28FD7E5B7F05.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 126
Honestly… I just bought it from another member here without asking… so not sure, but guessing they had an A&D. I’ll take your advice and reach out to Adam, thank you sir!

Let me know if you find anything out, I have a sartorius that I want to get set up for autotrickler also.

Reactions: culater
Just got a new “brain” for it from Adam yesterday, going to try and get it set up today and see if that does the trick. Can let you know what I find out!

Got it set up today, the new brain Adam sent plugs right into the scale and the manual he sent with it made it a no-brainer installation. Give him a shout and he can get you the right setup; so far this is looking really good, I tested initially with H4895 and it seems to throw the base charge very smooth even being a stick powder, and then trickles up pretty quick until it’s within about .5 grain and then slow trickles until it hits the designated charge. I believe this is going to get me within 1 kernel most of the time, a little more testing and I’ll know more; I have a dandy trickler that I could throw light with the autotrickler and then drop a couple kernels to be within 1 kernel every single time, but I don’t think that’s going to be necessary. I want to play with the tilt on the trickler a bit to fine tune the powder flow. All in all super happy, this is going to speed my process tremendously!!

Got it set up today, the new brain Adam sent plugs right into the scale and the manual he sent with it made it a no-brainer installation. Give him a shout and he can get you the right setup; so far this is looking really good, I tested initially with H4895 and it seems to throw the base charge very smooth even being a stick powder, and then trickles up pretty quick until it’s within about .5 grain and then slow trickles until it hits the designated charge. I believe this is going to get me within 1 kernel most of the time, a little more testing and I’ll know more; I have a dandy trickler that I could throw light with the autotrickler and then drop a couple kernels to be within 1 kernel every single time, but I don’t think that’s going to be necessary. I want to play with the tilt on the trickler a bit to fine tune the powder flow. All in all super happy, this is going to speed my process tremendously!!
The tilt is absolutely critical. Slightly inclined is where I've found it to be best with most powders I run. You also need to cycle it a few times after adjusting it , every single time , to see what that adjustment really did.

Just got a new “brain” for it from Adam yesterday, going to try and get it set up today and see if that does the trick. Can let you know what I find out!
Ingenuity Precision has a better powder trickler for the AutoTrickler setup you will want. Right now they are sold out but I also use a Sartorious and the upgraded trickler does speed up the process greatly.

Ingenuity Precision has a better powder trickler for the AutoTrickler setup you will want. Right now they are sold out but I also use a Sartorious and the upgraded trickler does speed up the process greatly.
What does that scale measure to?

It weighs to 0.002 grains. +/- 0.0015 grains std deviation. Far more accurate than a FX-120. Not sure one needs that precision tho for weighing powder. It’s accurate enough that with H4895 you are weighing to the exact kernel of powder.

It weighs to 0.002 grains. +/- 0.0015 grains std deviation. Far more accurate than a FX-120. Not sure one needs that precision tho for weighing powder. It’s accurate enough that with H4895 you are weighing to the exact kernel of powder.
Wow. I thought it was on a different level but wasn't sure. That's cool

Thanks guys appreciate the info. It’s an accurate scale for sure… sometimes can be a pain bc things that you don’t even think about will manifest themselves… like the hvac system kicking in, it pressurizes the whole house and the scale senses it. I’ve started turning off my computer and any lights near the scale and that seems to help keep the scale from going crazy haa. All in all though it’s pretty awesome, single digit ES not a problem. Will post a pic of fire forming for a 6 BRA I just put together for my dad, even had single digit ES with fire form loads haa!

I’ll have to check out that other trickler, my system is pretty fast already but always looking for improvement!

Attachments

• 00FF08A6-142E-44E3-A6B3-907377EDCA0E.jpeg
    00FF08A6-142E-44E3-A6B3-907377EDCA0E.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 83
  • 8A2112C7-2D0B-488D-962A-CFB1BD51F960.jpeg
    8A2112C7-2D0B-488D-962A-CFB1BD51F960.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2B66579C-353B-4235-AA59-DD498A5E93FC.jpeg
    2B66579C-353B-4235-AA59-DD498A5E93FC.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 97
Thanks guys appreciate the info. It’s an accurate scale for sure… sometimes can be a pain bc things that you don’t even think about will manifest themselves… like the hvac system kicking in, it pressurizes the whole house and the scale senses it. I’ve started turning off my computer and any lights near the scale and that seems to help keep the scale from going crazy haa. All in all though it’s pretty awesome, single digit ES not a problem. Will post a pic of fire forming for a 6 BRA I just put together for my dad, even had single digit ES with fire form loads haa!

I’ll have to check out that other trickler, my system is pretty fast already but always looking for improvement!
Yeah those are issues with the 120 too. ES numbers look good but mine look like that too with 4 or 5 shots.... it's when I shoot 30 that my ES doesn't look near as good. Even 20 shots I will usually have pretty good looking numbers, but there's something about going to 30 that tells the tale... for me anyway

Interesting; I wonder if your barrel is warming up on you if enough time isn’t given between shots? Or depending where you live, temperature may be changing over that period of time?

Interesting; I wonder if your barrel is warming up on you if enough time isn’t given between shots? Or depending where you live, temperature may be changing over that period of time?
Some of it is barrel warm up but mostly it's just the minimum number of shots needed to get true numbers imo. I've done it before with equal time between each 3 round set and it did make a difference but it's still a pretty good difference in 30 shots ES vs 20 shots ES

Reactions: secondofangle2
Good to know. Next time I’m at the range I may leave the chrono on for the whole session… normally I capture 5-10 and call it good. Will have to test out a higher count and see how that looks.

Good to know. Next time I’m at the range I may leave the chrono on for the whole session… normally I capture 5-10 and call it good. Will have to test out a higher count and see how that looks.
I think you will likely find what I did, but yours may well still be better overall. There's always that one that messes me up and send my ES into the 40-ish area when I shoot 30 rounds or more. It will be interesting either way.

I think you will likely find what I did, but yours may well still be better overall. There's always that one that messes me up and send my ES into the 40-ish area when I shoot 30 rounds or more. It will be interesting either way.
More shots will give you an idea on true ES/SD. For someone who shoots plenty of PRS matches I usually only chrono up to 10 rounds because that’s how many rounds most stages are. I use the Sartorious Entris 64-1S for weighing my loads and at a match where Applied Ballistics had their fancy radar I checked zero and fired 10 rounds with my MagnetoSpeed and got a SD of 2.7 around 2945fps with my 6 BRa. Couple hours later shooting a 10 round string with AB radar recording the results had a 3 SD at 2955. Anyone who used a MagnetoSpeed to get velocity that day all had velocities off by 10fps compared to the AB radar.

More shots will give you an idea on true ES/SD. For someone who shoots plenty of PRS matches I usually only chrono up to 10 rounds because that’s how many rounds most stages are. I use the Sartorious Entris 64-1S for weighing my loads and at a match where Applied Ballistics had their fancy radar I checked zero and fired 10 rounds with my MagnetoSpeed and got a SD of 2.7 around 2945fps with my 6 BRa. Couple hours later shooting a 10 round string with AB radar recording the results had a 3 SD at 2955. Anyone who used a MagnetoSpeed to get velocity that day all had velocities off by 10fps compared to the AB radar.
Really? That's interesting.... so with multiple people the magnetospeed wad consistently off by 10 fps or the two different chrono's just didn't agree with each other every time?

Really? That's interesting.... so with multiple people the magnetospeed wad consistently off by 10 fps or the two different chrono's just didn't agree with each other every time?
The MagnetoSpeed would show a 10fps slower speed that what Applied Ballistics radar would calculate for MV for every shooter there that day. Now here is the thing a 10fps difference in MV really has a negligible effect in the data you use for long range shooting. I still use what the MagnetoSpeed tells me because when I compared the difference on my Kestrel it didn’t really change my dope.

Have a V2 on entris64 and its slow on the trickling part , so kinda wanted to speed things up with disk type thrower like used on Prometheus , first try is just a 3d printed part , with 3d printed disc that has kernel notches at 20° interval . Anyways once i hooked it up to unmodified V2 it was way to fast and noisy as fuck .will make one out of aluminum and reduce the kernel notches to 60 or even 90° intervals to cure overspeeding

293067625_1124479435150282_5974714899466978130_n.jpg
292811866_1056395015315390_3023613987567575570_n.jpg

Have a V2 on entris64 and its slow on the trickling part , so kinda wanted to speed things up with disk type thrower like used on Prometheus , first try is just a 3d printed part , with 3d printed disc that has kernel notches at 20° interval . Anyways once i hooked it up to unmodified V2 it was way to fast and noisy as fuck .will make one out of aluminum and reduce the kernel notches to 60 or even 90° intervals to cure overspeeding

View attachment 7911795View attachment 7911796
That's pretty cool, but have you thought about just getting an ingenuity trickler?

That's pretty cool, but have you thought about just getting an ingenuity trickler?
Will likely end up with Ingenuity trickler at one point, especially since Adam is not going to develop any more Sartorius compatible Autotricklers. But as someone who develops own shit all the time i will still try DIY one for kicks

Will likely end up with Ingenuity trickler at one point, especially since Adam is not going to develop any more Sartorius compatible Autotricklers. But as someone who develops own shit all the time i will still try DIY one for kicks
Nothing wrong with that. It's pretty cool

Does anyone have an Autotrickler V3 electronics for Sartorius Entris gathering dust and willing to sell? Adam seems swamped with work so no supply anytime soon

Does anyone have an Autotrickler V3 electronics for Sartorius Entris gathering dust and willing to sell? Adam seems swamped with work so no supply anytime soon
I might if you don’t need Bluetooth. I’ll have to see if I still have my older V2 electronics.

I am looking for one with the bluetooth , and Adam says these days he only makes them as a 'custom made' for Sartorious and it could take weeks if not months before he could find time to make one.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone use this scale? It seems like it would be ideal and still keep you well under the cost of a promethiues, but would be as repeatable and accurate?

Perhaps I don't understand the linearity thing or exactly how the drift really works or something but it seems ideal???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-124651_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-124651_Chrome.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 67
Anyone else out there willing to sell a complete v3 or the electronics for the v3? Thanks in advance!