• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AVENAL TACTICAL UNKNOWN DISTANCE TEAM CHALLENGE RO'S NEEDED

Swoodhouse19

Match Director
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2017
Cali
Avenal will host its first team match on November 24th. While the match is full, we are in need of RO's for this event.
The target placement is different then our monthly match and they have not been ranged. The RO's for each station will have the COF for the specific station they are assigned.

After doing a mock match this past weekend using known targets, but ranging them etc....We are excited for the potential of this match and plan to improve upon it and keep it going for years to come. If this match or any long range matches peak your interest, ROing is a great way to learn more.

Send me a message or email me if interested. Thanks [email protected]

All hide members in the locale of Avenal or the central valley of California, this a an awsome, challenging venue that offers unique challenges not found in other matches in the area! Count me IN! I'm going to see if I can get some guys from base to volunteer to help out!

Reactions: seansmd
During the last weekend, my teammate and I had the opportunity to attend the first UKD or Unknown Distance Match held at Avenal. For a first event, it seemed to operate without a hitch, and I found a very enjoyable event. The targets were generous, as was thankfully the time at each station. (Most locations, in addition to 4 labeled targets, had one “hidden” target that the shooters had to locate, range and engage in the allotted time.

Despite many years of competitive shooting, this was my first UKD match and I found it a great learning experience and very humbling. Communication with your teammate was EVERYTHING. After a couple of rough starts, we managed to get our @#$# together and managed a decent placement on the podium.

We would like to express our thanks to all the ROs who gave their Sunday to the shooters in order to facilitate such an event. All of you did an excellent job and were both fair, and even, in the handling of the squads. To the MDs, that made this event possible – WELL DONE. I am sure this event will only get better with time.

As my aching legs and arms will attest, the terrain was not easy, and in the future, a light pack, a few snacks, and aspirin are the required necessities to make this event better.

Thank all of you for your efforts this last weekend and hope that you will continue these events at least annually and that they only become larger with time.

Great job

Reactions: D_TROS
We really appreciate the great words of support. Our team worked hard to bring this match to life and for our first attempt it went relatively smooth. Input is always welcome on how to improve on this match.