• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Avengers: Endgame

AIAW

★★★★★
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2001
    Central Texas
    Impressive! That's really all I can say without giving anything away. Maybe in time when more people have seen it.

If you follow the other movies then it goes without saying that you have to see this one.

I saw it today, enjoyed it, could have used a bit more fine-tuning on the individual fights near the end, but overall wraps things up nicely

Now, for my new Movie Theater Bitch Fest

This "select your seat at the counter BS has to GO!

We go to the movies at 11:30 AM figuring it won't be that busy, and when I get the counter with barely a line, and the parking lot empty I am greeted with a Full Theater look at the cashier. The computer shows only the seats down in front are available with maybe 3 seats scattered in the gallery showing green. I was at the movies with Kim and we really didn't want to split up or see the movie from the front two rows I select two of the 3 random seats, and clearly not happy about it.

We get our snacks, walk into the theater and it's fucking empty. Not even 1/2 the seats are taken. So calling BS on the assigned seating crap we take our seats together, figuring we have a party of 3 on one side of us and a party of two on the other, so really there is only 1 seat available, if they show to claim it, we can give them our alone seat which is just one row away on the other side.

Well, the movie starts and not only does nobody show up to claim the seat next to me, but the place also remained pretty close to a 1/3 empty.

This crap with picking your seats is complete bullshit.

Show up on time and take the first seat available you like when you walk into the actual theater. This pick it from a screen sucks royal ass and is clearly flawed and incorrect.

Fuck they have to ruin everything, you can't even walk into a theater and just take the seat you want.

I saw it today, enjoyed it, could have used a bit more fine-tuning on the individual fights near the end, but overall wraps things up nicely

Now, for my new Movie Theater Bitch Fest

This "select your seat at the counter BS has to GO!

We go to the movies at 11:30 AM figuring it won't be that busy, and when I get the counter with barely a line, and the parking lot empty I am greeted with a Full Theater look at the cashier. The computer shows only the seats down in front are available with maybe 3 seats scattered in the gallery showing green. I was at the movies with Kim and we really didn't want to split up or see the movie from the front two rows I select two of the 3 random seats, and clearly not happy about it.

We get our snacks, walk into the theater and it's fucking empty. Not even 1/2 the seats are taken. So calling BS on the assigned seating crap we take our seats together, figuring we have a party of 3 on one side of us and a party of two on the other, so really there is only 1 seat available, if they show to claim it, we can give them our alone seat which is just one row away on the other side.

Well, the movie starts and not only does nobody show up to claim the seat next to me, but the place also remained pretty close to a 1/3 empty.

This crap with picking your seats is complete bullshit.

Show up on time and take the first seat available you like when you walk into the actual theater. This pick it from a screen sucks royal ass and is clearly flawed and incorrect.

When assigned seating first arrived here it pissed a few off, but that quickly faded as people figured out arriving an hour+ early was no more.

Fuck they have to ruin everything, you can't even walk into a theater and just take the seat you want.
    To each their own, but I like assigned seating. That is really what it is. When you buy a ticket to almost any other event (concert, baseball, football, basketball etc...) you get assigned seating.

Not sure about your local, but around here before assigned seating you needed to arrive and purchase tickets at least 90 min prior to the movie start. Then you stand in line or you would be sitting on the front row. Huge time suck.

When the Star Wars movie came out 20 years ago or when ever (one with jar-jar binks) I had a buddy who had to go opening night, we arrive 2 1/2 hours early and were about 60th in line. That is just stupid.

Wife and I are busy (who the hell isn't) we don't have time like that. We purchased our tickets for End Game 14 days ago. BOOM seat picked, arrive 15 min early and we are golden.

Just like a sporting event or concert first to purchase get best choice in seating, play the game and win.

All the empty seats around you that were taken, were people who pre-bought tickets and then forgot or had life event that prevented them from showing up. Win for the theater if they stick to the no-refunds policy.

Last edited:
    Reactions: AznTactical
    Meh.
    Not as much SJW BS as other recent movies but it was still present. The Marvel universe is getting too big and convoluted, the only series I'd like to see continue is the Guardians.

It's a theater, we are talking less than 200 people vs a concert with 1000s

I don't need assigned seating to walk into a theater and pick two seats

It's lame, they have no clue and the system is wrong as I noted.

As I said. To each there own. Here at 7:30 am yesterday, theater of over 400 was packed. We had excellent seats.

it isn't about the number of people, it is about time. You buy your plane tickets ahead of time? Other than jumbo jets, air liners carry 200-300.

I just bought my plane ticket for AK today, the flight the 16th,

I wait for that stuff, I never know if stuff will change, so I don't go that far into the future,

Just like in Endgame, Back to the Future is not real

True, but perhaps a good compromise would be to have assigned seating every other row from front to back. Odd rows are open to whoever and even rows are by seat reservation only (for those big ticket showings).

This way if you and a group of friends want to go see a movie together you can ensure you have the chance of sitting together if you reserve those seats. Other side to that is instead of friends, say you want to take the family out and there are 3 or 4 of you but the movie is going to be packed on a pay day weekend in good ol J-ville. This way you can ensure you sit with your family rather than having to rely on shitty people being shitty and not being wiling to move over a few seats.

But yea, the whole thing of the entire theater being rsvp only is ridiculous.

It's because they want you to use Apps

The app and the theater only need to know how many tickets are actually sold for the movie, not where you are sitting. It appears to me they are using the seating chart to monitor the ticket sales vs just letting the sales be the sales.

In fact, people who Pre-Bought asked while we were there in line about going straight in and they have to hit the counter anyway to show the code.

Why if you are pre-buying a seat do I have to stop at the counter, oh, because it's stupid and sucks ass this system

Clearly, it does not work or else the computer would have been as Green as the theater vs all the X out seats that were actually empty.

No assigned seating in my town! First come first serve as it should be!

you can see it online free , either way it was not that bad .

Typically agree with you Frank, but I personally like assigned seating. Example:

I bought my tickets to Force Awakens the day they opened sales. So, like 2-3mo in advance or whatever it was. At the time, the theater didn’t have assigned seating.

I showed up an hour early and the line for that movie was nuts. I knew I would get a shit seat. I had them change my time and ended up standing in a line for 2hrs to get a good seat, even though I bought the tickets months before.

Fast forward to assigned seating. I buy my ticket, get to see the layout of the theater, pick a seat. Show up 20min or less early, get snacks, and go directly to my great seat with no problem.

It sucks if you are the type that may just hit a movie on a whim. But I don’t do that anymore.

But hey, I also love self checkout. Zero lines and I’m out the door fast.

Where I’m at, no need to stop at counter unless you want snacks. You walk up to entrance where they normally take tickets, they scan the code, and hand you your paper ticket in case you need to walk out and back in.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    Saw it and it was ok pretty good. But for anyone that read any comics growing up Disney is breaking too many rules and changing strengths and weaknesses throughout the movie. In one scene Thanos looks like he’s getting his ass whipped only to recover instantly and pull some
    New moves he just invents. Then they give some hero’s new ability’s all of a sudden but turn out to be a big let down. It’s all political propaganda undertones anyway, learned that from watching captain marvel.

Reactions: Rover31
    Very good movie, if its ever on regular TV it will be 5-6 hrs long

beenjammin..im with you, i hate when they mess with ability and strengths.
    if they keep messing with abilities there is no reason for different characters

now on to the real movie im waiting for

GODZILLA KING OF MONSTERS

It’s all political propaganda undertones anyway,
    Notice how they completely stripped Thor of his toxic masculinity and turned him into a fat crying bitch. I suppose some angry feminists didn't like what he stood for.
    The manly man runner up, Captain America now spends his time hugging it out and talking feelings with the strategically placed but completely plot irrelevant gay guy, because, you know, you gotta have gay people.

Saw it today.

Hated it. My wife didn't like it either.

Spoiler below in case anyone wants to skip.

The thing I hate is the time travel angle. That leads to way too many possibilities. Why not rerun the entire movie next week by going back in time with a different outcome. I think writers have gotten lazy. Rather than coming up with something good, they do time travel.

Im very afraid of the new Star Wars this December because the have fucked up the last two so bad, I'll probably hate this one too.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    I’m 50/50 on Thor thing. I mean, if you just lost your planet, lost half the remaining people you are entrusted to protect, as well as failed half the universe......depression is not too far fetched.

I didn’t like the banner/hulk evolution.

Also, don’t get me started on how rian Johnson skull fucked the Luke skywalker character last movie

Last edited:
    Reactions: Slash0311
    I’m 50/50 on Thor thing. I mean, if you just lost your planet, lost half the remaining people you are entrusted to protect, as well as failed half the universe......depression is not too far fetched.
    No way man, open your eyes.
    The end of the line for Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, literally every leadership capable strong white male main character is symbolic of Marvels intent for the future of SJW propaganda to indoctrinate the sheeple that can't see anything below skin deep.
    Don't forget the cute little girl power scene at the end while the dudes were busy getting their asses kicked.

Bonus homework: look up Brie Larsons statements on the evil penis wielders. Or don't, summary is you're a rapist and don't deserve to enjoy the artwork that is her film.

Bonus homework: look up Brie Larsons statements on the evil penis wielders. Or don't, summary is you're a rapist and don't deserve to enjoy the artwork that is her film.

Bonus points if after reading all her "writings" you purposely think about her without her permission when you have a bit of fun with yourself just to say F$$$Y## in a hateful way to the SJW. HA! If people want to be going with "thought crime", they best not look in my mind, I'm like a... well they can't find words for how much thought crime goes on inside my mind....

No way man, open your eyes.
    The end of the line for Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, literally every leadership capable strong white male main character is symbolic of Marvels intent for the future of SJW propaganda to indoctrinate the sheeple that can't see anything below skin deep.
    Don't forget the cute little girl power scene at the end while the dudes were busy getting their asses kicked.

I go to movies for entertainment, not to dissect them into what political or otherwise undertones they may or may not have.

Bet you’re a ton of fun at a party.....

I go to movies for entertainment, not to dissect them into what political or otherwise undertones they may or may not have.

Bet you’re a ton of fun at a party.....
    You sound like my wife.
    And I don't get invited to parties, partly because I hate parties but mostly because I'm no fun.

Honestly no dissection is necessary. I'm not sure how any of this stuff could be more plainly spelled out short of a directors commentary where they take your hand and walk you through just how much they hate all traditional American values. They don't even attempt to hide it in subliminal messages anymore.

You sound like my wife.
    And I don't get invited to parties, partly because I hate parties but mostly because I'm no fun.

Honestly no dissection is necessary. I'm not sure how any of this stuff could be more plainly spelled out short of a directors commentary where they take your hand and walk you through just how much they hate all traditional American values. They don't even attempt to hide it in subliminal messages anymore.

I don’t look at commentary. I go to movies for entertainment. I don’t watch a movie and think “this is a political message.”

Why fuck it up listening to commentaries from what are the equivalent to court jesters?

They are paid to entertain. That’s what I go to a movie for. If I want commentary, I watch Ben Shapiro.

Lighten up. You’ll live longer.

I prefer to not spend my money supporting those that hate me when possible.
    Hence why I don't hardly go to movies anymore, unless it's because friends / relatives want to go out & I'm trying to do the whole being a nice host and not a grumpy hermit thing.

Now if I can watch something for entertainment and nothing extra is going to those that hate me, then it's fun.

I respectfully disagree and love assigned seating.

I remember when Pandora first came out at our local IMAX there was a very heated discussion that could of ended badly. Parent A and his kid sat down in the middle of the theater and put their drinks in the cup holders. Parent A's kid had to go potty before the movie started and both left to the restroom. Parent B and his 2 kids walked in and removed the 2 drinks and took those seats. Parent A with kid walks back and it got heated quickly. Parent B said F you (kids all around too) to Parent A, I said something to parent B. Parent A took the high road and they moved up by me.

Last night I went to go watch Endgame for our weekly $5 Tuesday night special and it was 100% full. I was in the 4th seat in our row from the isle and noticed the seats in front and in back of #1 & 2 were also empty. The seat next to me #3 was empty too. I later found out that a mom with her autistic child purchased 5 extra seats so her child who sat in seat #1 would not disturb surrounding viewers.

With all the bickering, stealing and fighting we've heard from movie theaters having assigned seats is the way to go.

Not in a theater that is 1/2 empty,

if you want assigned seating in max capacity showings, good for you, I am not going to a Theater when I know it will be full.

I went to the theater at 11:30AM on a Monday morning if you are not smart enough to understand the difference, that is your problem.

it's fucking stupid and clearly, the computer was WRONG in the number of seats available, another overlooked point

I'm just looking forward to the next Spiderman or Batman or Superman reboot! :rolleyes:

Consider this...the movie industry is sooo fucking empty of ideas, that they actually tried to make Aquaman cool.

Reactions: Slash0311
    Why does it matter if it's 98% empty or 50% empty? Management can't foresee the future attendance of any given movie. Theater's that are a chain such as Marcus Theatre's around me cannot have a free seating policy at this theater and then 100 miles away have a reserved seating policy. I'm all for assigned seating especially now that I have a large family that I have to tow around. My young kids don't have the patience to come an hour early to a movie to get the best seats in the house. It's no different than paying for tickets for an assigned seat during a weekday morning MLB game where attendance is barely 50%.

I remember back in the 90's showing up early and getting in line outside the doors. The employee would open the strap and we'd all bull rush in like a Black Friday rush even. Assigned seating prevents this Black Friday rush mentality.

I don't see why you're so against assigned seating even if you're the only person there? It's so much more efficient, less stressful and convenient to flow people in and out as quickly as possible. View and buy open seats at home, on the app or right at the ticket counter. I'm out, I have better things to do then argue about seating options.

The system doesn't work, they are trying to force you to use an app, and cut out the cashier.

The computer showed the theater sold out, it was NOT, so the system was wrong from the start.

The girl sat in a seat that was X'd out, nobody came to claim it, it made her uncomfortable because the entire show sold out but the first two rows under the screen. There were 3 separate seats in the theater, none together, we sat together regardless and while it worked out, it proves the computer was wrong.

Had the computer been correct, and I knew it to be right, would have left the 1/2 empty theater thinking it was too full. I decided to risk being able to sit together. (I actually got the girl a seat near the empty handicap seats thinking I can snag one those just in case.)

They want you to default to the app, buy ahead of time, which is not something I am interested in.

I don't need to told where to sit, I have been going to movies for 50 years and never saw an issue.

From this day forth, I am going to go to a movie theater and always look for Frank.

If its 1/3 full, I am going to sit directly next to Frank in the empty theater and tell him that its my assigned seat.

I don’t look at commentary. I go to movies for entertainment. I don’t watch a movie and think “this is a political message.”

Why fuck it up listening to commentaries from what are the equivalent to court jesters?
    You missed my point. No commetary is necessary because they literally wrote their contempt of you into the script, plain as day.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    On the empty theater, do you really think enough people actually made it to opening to gross 60 mil? I’d bet a lot of that gross is empty theaters and non-refundable assigned seats.
    They don’t do head count for movies, they do money.
    Doesn’t mean it’s a good movie or system, pretty simple economics.

My son and I went to a 12 noon showing on opening day. To me, the movie dragged. The whole time travel crap is so overdone these days. I expected better.

The homo scene was ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Hollywood won't make a movie these days without shoving that mess down our throats. Additionally, the girl power and emasculation of Thor was just too much.

I went to spend some time with my son. If it wasn't for that, it wouldn't have been worth the price of admission.

We also had assigned seats...had a very limited selection from which to choose, and like Frank's experience, the theater was only about half full.

You missed my point. No commetary is necessary because they literally wrote their contempt of you into the script, plain as day.

And my point is you’re ruining the experience for yourself reading into what may or may not be their intention.

You’re literally giving the court jesters a voice when you do this.

I have no clue what their intentions were because I don’t give them the satisfaction of caring enough to figure it out. I watch the movie for pure entertainment. I’m either entertained or I’m not. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just like I don’t know the names of mass shooters. I don’t give them the platform or recognition they desire. I don’t care enough about some director or actress/actor to even notice their agendas.

And my point is you’re ruining the experience for yourself reading into what may or may not be their intention.

You’re literally giving the court jesters a voice when you do this.

I have no clue what their intentions were because I don’t give them the satisfaction of caring enough to figure it out. I watch the movie for pure entertainment. I’m either entertained or I’m not. Nothing more, nothing less.

Just like I don’t know the names of mass shooters. I don’t give them the platform or recognition they desire. I don’t care enough about some director or actress/actor to even notice their agendas.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree then. You can thwart their agendas by ignoring them, I'll thwart them by not giving them my money.

I'm more concerned by these people being seen as role models by young impressionable kids than I am the stuff they're not so subtly sneaking into their movies. These kids get all of their political leanings from Twitter, and when they see the entire cast of their favorite movie saying capitalism is evil, guns are bad, all men are rapists and DJT is satan himself, they notice. Doesn't effect you or I much but the lemmings will be voting soon.

No free-ride stone? What the hell?

On the other hand, Guy Fieri did find the Flavor stone...

Saw it, enjoyed it, loved the fan service.

Don't care about the "rah rah girl power" SJW stuff some people have complained about, its a movie, I paid $10.75 to be entertained.

And I'm sorry, The Big Thorbowski was fuckin' hilarious.

Also, 11:15am showing the Monday of its opening weekend had like 12 people in the theater - upside of working an irregular vampire schedule I suppose.

I thought the movie was to long and drawn out. Not enough ass kicking. Also mrs captain marvel is hot as hell and totally pulls off the short hair. She should have been in the entire movie.

As far as the movie....too much bullshit ifn you ask me. Each movie, having to out do the previous, is wearing me thin. They had a real good thing going on with the storylines, being crossed over and all. But they got too intricate, and the effect shit is out of hand and is ruining movies.

Or, maybe i am just getting to fucking old.

I like assigned seating fine.

Movie was good, I felt if I was really into the marvel universe it would have been great, but I’m quite casual in my superhero consumption. Some of the unexpected character developments were a lot of fun.

Also Thanos is Rich Piana I’m convinced of it