• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AX/AW Mags in AX/AI Chassis

lencomatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
COS, CO
So I got my Badger AX rifle pretty much done. It feeds the AXCS and AICS single stack mags just fine but not the real AX double stack mag and I assume AW as well. I will try an AW this weekend. Badger inletted the chassis for me and they told me the have 2 different inlets AICS whether its for an AICS or AW mag but only one for the AXCS. The height was a little different between the two, .040" maybe. I remember reading somewhere on here a while back that there is a mod for the latch on an AICS to use AW mags. I am thinking this mod may work on the AX for me. The problem is the AX double feed mag won't feed the left side, which is the higher side, the right is fine. The mag sits in the the chassis at an angle, lower in the back, if I push the mag up and level it will feed just fine. I was thinking if I could make the latch taller that would work but not sure how that will affect the single stack mags. The other option I was thinking is an overtravel screw to limit the amount of force on the magazine, the spring seems pretty stiff against the mag and when you push the mag back toward the latch it comes up. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Its a Badger M2013 action in an AX Chassis, I was just being short on the name. Marty didn't build the rifle just machined the chassis for his action, I don't feel like he did something wrong. Its all custom now so its a "kit"-some assembly required. I know there's an easy answer here, its just finding it.